jumpingsailor

Lost my Log book, how to resurrect?

Been out of skydiving for a decade now and want to get back. Have always considered myself a safe skydiver, rig to the larger size, pull a little higher. lot's of practice of EPs etc. (two reserve rides, both performed with perfection. Adrenalin in the sky of course). Will get a few coached jumps of course.

Issue is I lost my log book. How do I ressurect my log book (I do remember my jump numbers)

First of all, your DZ should have your waiver where it is written your total number of jumps before the season starts.

From that, try to remember the places where you have jumped and evaluate about the number of jumps you have done in each place. Write that on a document and have it checked and signed by a instructor who knows you. The DZ should also sign this document. Start a new logbook and include the signed document concerning the number of jumps done.

The USPA should also have your total number of jumps written on your annual membership renewal form.
Learn from others mistakes, you will never live long enough to make them all.

If you went around Florida , most of the DZ's will have a record of you jumping , contact them . You could renew your USPA membership , that will have you licence numbers on it. Turning up at a DZ with a rig and a story , unless someone knows you , those days are gone. Did you ever jump at Zhills ? .

I jumped at at least 16 different dropzones in Florida in the mid to late '90s and each and every one of them used computerized manifest software (most often 'JumpRun'), regardless if they also used paper manifest sheets as a first step.

The only challenge you'll have is if the dropzones still maintain records from that long ago; and if they do, how much they will charge you to access them. Changes of ownership through the years might complicate this.

Probably, your 'home' dropzone (if it still exists), where you learned to jump and made the majority of your jumps will be willing to help you out, especially if there is anyone still around who remembers you (and you were a welcome guest).