kallend

Vaccine passports - yes or no?

Vaccine passports - yes or no?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Vaccine passports, yes or no

• Good idea
    • Bad idea
    • Boobies

I had one for years when I was traveling a lot.  Yellow fever was the one that always 'got' me (i.e. I'd have to get a booster before I traveled.)  Generally was only important when I was going to developing areas - Africa, parts of India, China.

1 hour ago, kallend said:

Well?

Don't care. Had to carry my shot records everywhere I went in the military. Along with my military ID, driver's license, military driver's license, etc. I'm not sure why this "passport thing" is turning out to be such a big deal. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kallend said:

Wasn't that inserted along with the vaccine?  I'm sure I read that somewhere.

No, I think the RFID was injected with the chicken pox vaccine. Covid injects you with a chemical that changes your behavior/perception to passively accept more government control of your life.

51 minutes ago, CygnusX-1 said:

No, I think the RFID was injected with the chicken pox vaccine. Covid injects you with a chemical that changes your behavior/perception to passively accept more government control of your life.

Thanks for the clarification.  I'm OK then, since I had chicken pox as a child and never needed the vaccination.

(edited)
2 hours ago, BIGUN said:

Don't care. Had to carry my shot records everywhere I went in the military. Along with my military ID, driver's license, military driver's license, etc. I'm not sure why this "passport thing" is turning out to be such a big deal. 

Hi Keith,

This is what gets me.  'Some' people complain that a vax record/document is just another way to watch us.*  Like you, I carried all of those documents while in the military; and never thought anything of it.  Today, I have my Driver's License with me all of the time; and some other documents, as well.  And, when I travel, my passport goes with me.

Too much paranoia me thinks.

Jerry Baumchen

*  if anyone does not want to be 'watched,' they should simply discard their cell phone.  Oops, that's blasphemy is it not?

ETA:  I voted Good Idea.

Edited by JerryBaumchen
  • Like 1

The main reason I haven't voted yet is because if it happens, it'll become yet another financial and convenience gateway that poor people have to pass through. And with a good possibility that in the long run there will be annual updates for new strains, that'll be significant. And follow-ons won't be free.

So I'm not sure. For me, I couldn't care less; but I'm really hoping that herd immunity shit works on this one, and that the mutation rate calms down.

Wendy P.

22 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

The main reason I haven't voted yet is because if it happens, it'll become yet another financial and convenience gateway that poor people have to pass through. And with a good possibility that in the long run there will be annual updates for new strains, that'll be significant. And follow-ons won't be free.

So I'm not sure. For me, I couldn't care less; but I'm really hoping that herd immunity shit works on this one, and that the mutation rate calms down.

Wendy P.

Hi Wendy,

While I think I understand your concern, most of us pay to renew our Driver's License & our passport. 

Of course, I also carry my Voter's Registration card & I did not pay anything for that.

One would hope that any 'costs' are within reason.

Jerry Baumchen

In theory I think it'd be a good idea: I'd love to provide proof of vaccination and be able to enter Canada to visit my ailing mother without having to hotel it for 2 weeks as soon as I got across the border.

In practicality I think the vaccination rollout hasn't been done in a way where a passport feasible at this point.  For example, I got my first shot last week.  I'd registered online, showed up at a hospital and wasn't asked once for proof of insurance or ID before I got the jab.  The only record I have right now is the card they gave me with the appointment for shot #2 and the only identifying information on that is what I filled out myself.  

Based on that process, it strikes me that anybody who wanted to fake a vaccine passport to travel (and where I work in rural TX that's a conversation I hear at least once a week, in addition to comments like "I just don't know what's in that vaccine") would be able to do it so easily that it would defeat the purpose of the passport.

I can't imagine the rollout being any different when they're trying to vaccinate 100's of millions of people ASAP, and I'm impressed with how smooth it has been, but seeing where we're at today I think the ship has sailed on any reliable, traceable passport.  

6 hours ago, wmw999 said:

Wendy P.

??? Um, it's an internet vote.

Is it appropriate for someone who endangers others by refusing vaccination to get the same benefits as the others?  My opinion is that it is not. 

It is freeloading and there should be an associated cost.

And if a "passport" is the way to do it, that's OK by me.

(edited)
46 minutes ago, kallend said:

Is it appropriate for someone who endangers others by refusing vaccination to get the same benefits as the others?  My opinion is that it is not. 

It is freeloading and there should be an associated cost.

And if a "passport" is the way to do it, that's OK by me.

If we do it right, but we won't because we're Liberals and can't organize a three person marble game if we all came and also brought the marbles, we could back door this into the biggest left wing coup ever. No Vaccination? No Vote in person. No Vaccination? No in person gun buying. No Vaccination? Get away from my good seat at the Sushi bar. The list is endless.

Edited by JoeWeber

13 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

If we do it right, but we won't because we're Liberals and can't organize a three person marble game if we all came and also brought the marbles, we could back door this into the biggest left wing coup ever. No Vaccination? No Vote in person. No Vaccination? No in person gun buying. No Vaccination? Get away from my good seat at the bar. The list is endless.

Are you going to require your TIs to be vaccinated?

Just now, gowlerk said:

Are you going to require your TIs to be vaccinated?

Yes, well that has some very thorny legal implications, no?  Let's just say that everyone who works for me knows me well and, consequently, are very open to suggestion. My understanding is that we are now at 100% in all positions.

4 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

My understanding is that we are now at 100%

I wish I could say the same. The age group that we draw those people from are not going to be vaccinated till sometime around mid summer here. I will not get my first shot for another 2 or 3 weeks.

12 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

I wish I could say the same. The age group that we draw those people from are not going to be vaccinated till sometime around mid summer here. I will not get my first shot for another 2 or 3 weeks.

Where there is a will there is often a way. Read your regulations closely for anything resembling a wedge.  Locate a soft target provider in a suspected anti-vaxx area. Wait in your car between 11:00 and 1:00 waiting for an unexplained lull in arrivals and pounce. Make copies of anything that makes a good story to bring with you. For the young they should consider getting an undersubscribed vaccine like the J&J or Oxford vaccines while people are scared. We got our first shots a week early just doing a stand up comedy routine. We got our second shots at 21 days not the planned 28 by showing a made up Google Calendar page on a smart phone that said our second jab was that day. Spread the word around the DZ that you aren't opposed to hiring the unvaccinated it's simply that you have an undying affection for creative people with initiative.