2 2
brenthutch

Face mask life hack

Cut out the white part of the typical medical mask, leaving just the blue part. No more fogged up glasses, you get fresh air with every breath, people can see you smile and you can still participate in the theater of mask wearing without getting shade from the mask nazis. A win win all around.

• Like 1

(edited)
3 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

Kind of like saying Trump did a great job because he said so. Appearance is everything. 
Wendy P. 

Wow, still damaged by Trump.....sad

I am not being jerky, for those who have recovered from covid, those who who have been vaccinated and those who are not at high risk yet still are compelled to participate in the charade of perfunctory mask wearing, this is a legitimate work around.

Edited by brenthutch
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

theater

The reason the US has over 5 times the infection rate per capita compared to the world at large is that most of us took the disease seriously.

If you treat it like theatre, it spins out of control so fast anything you try to do after the fact, will of course look like theatre.

You had a chance to look out for your nation as a whole. Your personal attitude isn't unique, and is a collective failing of your fellow Americans. 

• Like 1

(edited)
7 minutes ago, mistercwood said:

The reason the US has over 5 times the infection rate per capita compared to the world at large is that most of us took the disease seriously.

If you treat it like theatre, it spins out of control so fast anything you try to do after the fact, will of course look like theatre.

You had a chance to look out for your nation as a whole. Your personal attitude isn't unique, and is a collective failing of your fellow Americans. 

And that is why the US is opening up and France is locking down 9_9

Our death rate is not even in the top ten.

Edited by brenthutch

29 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

I am not being jerky, for those who have recovered from covid, those who who have been vaccinated and those who are not at high risk yet still are compelled to participate in the charade of perfunctory mask wearing, this is a legitimate work around.

I have a friend who’s had it twice, almost certainly (once in the early days before testing was reasonable to get). 
And what, then, does your mentioning Obama mean — it’s been 4 years since he was president
Wendy P. 

1 hour ago, brenthutch said:

And that is why the US is opening up and France is locking down 9_9

Our death rate is not even in the top ten.

We are #5 in death rate out of all nations with more than 10 million population.

Yes, Gibraltar and San Marino (population about 30,000 each) have a higher death rate.  But then, there are cities in South Dakota with both more population and higher death rates.

12 hours ago, brenthutch said:

I'm starting to think you'll never be able to understand how this works. Masks were never for self protection, so whether or not you are high risk means nothing. They were to limit your ability to infect others if you were carrying the virus. If you can't wrap your head around that then I guess they would seem like a charade.

20 minutes ago, murps2000 said:

I'm starting to think you'll never be able to understand how this works. Masks were never for self protection, so whether or not you are high risk means nothing. They were to limit your ability to infect others if you were carrying the virus. If you can't wrap your head around that then I guess they would seem like a charade.

I don't doubt he understands how it works.

He just doesn't care about anyone else.

One still unanswered question is whether or not vaccinated people can 'catch' the virus, be asymptomatic and then spread it to others.

And many states are seeing a rise in reported cases.

This isn't over.

35 minutes ago, murps2000 said:

He get's it, theres no doubt about that. He's simply as vested in his belief system as Ron is in his. Read Milton and you'll understand Brent.

37 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

All a part of the GOP I've got mine, screw you, cultural wars mindset.

spacer.png

That reminds me. It’s almost time for me to gear up for the annual war on Easter season. The poor cousin of the war on Christmas. The zombie jokes  are starting to get stale though

1 hour ago, BIGUN said:

And, how do you define, "Respect?" 

are you implying that lich jesus is immune to parody?  that's right up there with no pictures drawn of the prophet.  i respect none of them and i have that right, at least until the gop locks that down.  they're just as bad as the muslim extremists who want sharia law.  time to truly separate the church from this state.  take out the "under god" from the pledge, take the "in god we trust" off the money, etc. 

so in this case, i define it as not at all deserved, so not given at all.

1 hour ago, BIGUN said:

Respect for what?

I have a lot of respect for the teachings of Jesus. Lots to admire and aspire to in there.

However, Jesus the person almost certainly didn't exist. Historical & archeological evidence for his being 'real' is virtually non-existent. Evidence that much of the story is made up is abundant.

So my 'respect' for Jesus the person is on par with Harry Potter. Lots of good life lessons in his story too. 

My level of respect for the people that claim Jesus as their "Lord and Savior" varies a lot.

For those that do their best to actually follow the teachings, I have quite a bit. 

For those that pretend they can be 'saved' and still be hateful, selfish, bigoted pigs...
No. None at all for those hypocrites.

For those that use fear of death and the 'reward' of promised salvation and eternal life to fleece the gullible, scared fools...
A genuine hatred.

The fact that scuzzbuckets like Osteen, Graham, Falwell, Roberston and the like have not been struck down by lightning at some point is further proof that "God" doesn't really exist. Or that he doesn't care what is done 'in his name' down here.

• Like 3

(edited)
32 minutes ago, wolfriverjoe said:

Respect for what?

Respect for those who believe. Many times on here - Christianity is slandered, but the other religions of the world are defended. Respect is not necessarily agreeing with one's beliefs, but respecting their right to believe as they wish without having to attack it just to get some "Like" cool points. 

The liberals like the term racist every time someone gets close to the edge, but lack the introspection for their own religious discrimination.    

Edited by BIGUN

2 hours ago, BIGUN said:

Personally for me respecting other peoples religious beliefs is something I practice when I am dealing with them. Jewish, Wiccan, Rasta, Muslim, and even Christian. They are all equally based on false teachings and yet I respect eveyone's right to choose to believe whatever they want. Hostility to Christianity in western society is not about disrespecting people. It is about being angry and fighting back against believers trying to force all of us to follow the dictates of their priests. I respect people, I do not respect organizations who would attempt to dominate my society. 

And then there is the fact that this is SC after all. It is a place for dissent. If you come here looking for respect of false gods you are in the wrong place.

3 minutes ago, BIGUN said:

Many times on here - Christianity is slandered, but the other religions of the world are defended.

That is true. If you watch carefully you will see that almost all of the people who slam Christianity on here are ex-Christians who feel that they have been damaged and had their families damaged by religion in their lives. Religion is a two edged sword that brings people together but also tears them apart. 

1 minute ago, gowlerk said:

That is true. If you watch carefully you will see that almost all of the people who slam Christianity on here are ex-Christians who feel that they have been damaged and had their families damaged by religion in their lives. Religion is a two edged sword that brings people together but also tears them apart. 

So, I'm not sure where you stand on religious discrimination 

Just now, BIGUN said:

So, I'm not sure where you stand on religious discrimination 

Okay then. Religious discrimination is when someone is treated differently because of their religion. And it is wrong. Making fun of the ridiculous superstitious beliefs that religion teaches is not religious discrimination. Hating and/or fearing people because they are Muslim is religious discrimination. For example, recent history has shown us that there are Muslims in the world who we have good reason to fear, and it is only natural that we become wary of them. That often carries over into unjustified suspicion and repression of innocent people. I do it too, because I am human as well. But the reality is that most Muslim people are not a threat even though we often treat them as if they are. That is religious discrimination and it is wrong. Cartoons of Mohamed as well as memes making fun of the belief in a resurrected Jesus are not examples of discrimination. 

37 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

Okay then. Religious discrimination is when someone is treated differently because of their religion . . . Cartoons of Mohamed as well as memes making fun of the belief in a resurrected Jesus are not examples of discrimination. 

Think about it.  

50 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

Okay then. Religious discrimination is when someone is treated differently because of their religion. And it is wrong. Making fun of the ridiculous superstitious beliefs that religion teaches is not religious discrimination. Hating and/or fearing people because they are Muslim is religious discrimination. For example, recent history has shown us that there are Muslims in the world who we have good reason to fear, and it is only natural that we become wary of them. That often carries over into unjustified suspicion and repression of innocent people. I do it too, because I am human as well. But the reality is that most Muslim people are not a threat even though we often treat them as if they are. That is religious discrimination and it is wrong. Cartoons of Mohamed as well as memes making fun of the belief in a resurrected Jesus are not examples of discrimination. 

Hi Ken,

For example, recent history has shown us that there are religious people in the world who we have good reason to fear, and it is only natural that we become wary of them.

And we should be.

Jerry Baumchen