5 5
kallend

More sacrifices to the 2nd Amendment

21 hours ago, BIGUN said:

It means we figured out a way around the the National Firearms Act of 1934 (NFA) definition of a short-barreled rifle and can avoid registration and tax stamp. A short-barreled rifle (SBR) is any rifle with a shoulder stock and barrel less than 16 inches in length and 26 inches in overall length. It requires a citizen to fill out ATF Form 4, wait 4 months for a background and formalized transfer, and pay a $200 NFA Tax Stamp.

Make an AR short with no stock and a barrel of less than 16 inches - call it a pistol. No NFA. Ta daaa!!!

No matter how precisely a law is worded, someone will always find a loophole or a work around. An AR-15 would be my priority last pick for a gun fight. AR-15 pistols are little more than range toys.

For example, the Canadian Firearms Law circa 1990 prohibited Barret .50 caliber rifles. The old list looked like it had been compiled from "Guns and Ammo" magazine. So Barret quit selling in Canada. Then another half-dozen manufacturers introduced similar .50 caliber "sniper rifles" and sold them merrily.

The latest Canadian firearms law goes into more detail, limiting rifles to .50 caliber and limiting muzzle energy. The list of 300-odd prohibited guns reads more like a list of weapons from the video game "Gears of Duty."

Hah!

Hah!

The new law also specifically prohibits a variety of anti-tank guns (usually 20mm or greater), mortars and flame-throwers. Why any civilian needs a mortar or flame-thrower is a mystery to me??????

Didn't we learn anything at Ruby Ridge or Waco or any number of other times when the government labeled you as a threat?

For the record I own 2 pistols.  One is a cheap .22 my FIL gave to my wife.  The other WWII Lugar my father kept in his bottom drawer with the Penthouse mags.

I don't own any rounds for either...doubt they would fire if I did.  I've never felt the need to know.  Used to be Pro 2nd and I'm still not sure how you move forward at this point.  I guess if you want to be a responsible gun owner you're going to have to prove it.  That has about as much chance of flying as me going late on a 40 way.

3 hours ago, airdvr said:

Didn't we learn anything at Ruby Ridge or Waco or any number of other times when the government labeled you as a threat?

For the record I own 2 pistols.  One is a cheap .22 my FIL gave to my wife.  The other WWII Lugar my father kept in his bottom drawer with the Penthouse mags.

I don't own any rounds for either...doubt they would fire if I did.  I've never felt the need to know.  Used to be Pro 2nd and I'm still not sure how you move forward at this point.  I guess if you want to be a responsible gun owner you're going to have to prove it.  That has about as much chance of flying as me going late on a 40 way.

I'm still Pro 2nd just not the current ridiculous interpretations. BTW, I'm flush on Penthouse magazines but if you ever need a home for the Lugar I'm here for you.

18 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

Speaking of sacrifices, today is the 10th anniversary of the Sandy Hook massacre. 26 murdered, most of them 6 or 7 year olds. Freedom is not free.

Here is a list of school shootings since then.

Look at the dates and intervals between dates. School shootings are a growing problem since Sandy Hook, happening more frequently. Sad state of affairs.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

Here is a list of school shootings since then.

Look at the dates and intervals between dates. School shootings are a growing problem since Sandy Hook, happening more frequently. Sad state of affairs.

Hi Sky,

And, what is worse IMO is the number of people who seem to be OK with it.

'I gotta have my guns.'

Jerry Baumchen

14 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

More people are buying guns because they are afraid of mass shootings, which leads to more mass shootings.

• Like 1

Apparently we should thank the brave parents who send their small, innocent children to be sacrificed before the god of guns.  /s

It's maddening that we as a society accept this as opposed to protecting our children.

It's a sad statement of a country that chooses to spend more time, money, and effort to kill fellow humans than to care for each other. This speaks to the lack of gun control as well as our military budget.

We are a nation of violence. We are failing our future.

• Like 4

On 11/28/2022 at 1:01 PM, Slim King said:

I've given away thousands of Constitutions. If requested I provide a dictionary of the time. Your made up definitions don't cut it. 

Screen Shot 2022-11-28 at 4.01.20 PM.png

Dear Slim King,

Since the American system is failing, I was trying to suggest solutions that have worked in other countries.

On 12/14/2022 at 1:41 PM, gowlerk said:

Speaking of sacrifices, today is the 10th anniversary of the Sandy Hook massacre. 26 murdered, most of them 6 or 7 year olds. Freedom is not free.

For about 965 million dollars you're free to say whatever the hell you want, apparently.

Anyone have the estimates for doing whatever the hell you want?

Edited by Coreece

6 hours ago, Coreece said:

For about 965 million dollars you're free to say whatever the hell you want, apparently.

You are so far the only person commenting on those judgements in anything but a positive matter. Just what is the point you are trying to make? 

On 12/14/2022 at 1:45 PM, normiss said:

Apparently we should thank the brave parents who send their small, innocent children to be sacrificed before the god of guns.  /s

It's maddening that we as a society accept this as opposed to protecting our children.

It's a sad statement of a country that chooses to spend more time, money, and effort to kill fellow humans than to care for each other. This speaks to the lack of gun control as well as our military budget.

We are a nation of violence. We are failing our future.

Innocent children need protection only until they are born. After that guns need protection from liberals.

9 hours ago, gowlerk said:
15 hours ago, Coreece said:

You are so far the only person commenting on those judgements in anything but a positive matter. Just what is the point you are trying to make? 

I might be lacking imagination here, but to me the stuff said about Sandy Hook is probably the most offensive thing you could possibly say about someone, so anything else isn't going to be as bad and should cost less than 965 million dollars.

So it's nothing to be triggered about, sorry I couldn't deliver.

1 hour ago, Coreece said:

to me the stuff said about Sandy Hook is probably the most offensive thing you could possibly say about someone

As much as I'd like to agree with you, that's the problem these days...we set those limits and before long somebody will be all too happy to smash through them.  

On 12/9/2022 at 12:49 PM, Phil1111 said:

A sad depressing x-mas at the Brent household. No big year end bonus for Brent's MB SUV driving big Pharma wife.No Daniel Defense AR-15's under the x-mas tree No high capacity mags in the stockings by the fire. Very depressing.

It came! Somehow or other, it came just the same!

37500131-BC30-492A-AA39-D0E936861165.jpeg

On 12/26/2022 at 1:38 PM, Phil1111 said:

Looks like fun other than what appears to be a 20' bbl what have you got?

Got that Ruger MPR that I had mentioned some months ago. 18 inch barrel, radial port muzzle break, match trigger, 5R rifling, 5.56, Vortex Strike Eagle 1x8 with a BDC reticle all in a Pelican case.

Edited by brenthutch

9 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

Got that Ruger MPR that I had mentioned some months ago. 18 inch barrel, radial port muzzle break, match trigger, 5R rifling, 5.56, Vortex Strike Eagle 1x8 with a BDC reticle all in a Pelican case.

I've got a Strike Eagle in 5-25x56. The first 34mm tube scope I ever bought.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

Wowser, I'm getting some serious wood just thinking about getting my hands wrapped around that bad boy. Any chance you could post some pics of you lovingly reaching down and handling your lovely holiday toy? Seriously, it's just unbelievable that some people still believe a sheet of paper can be slid between the First and Second amendments. I say it's high time to get real and combine them into a more meaningful 1/2 Amendment. Excuse me, gotta go, I'm starting to get a little wet eyed here.

4 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

I say it's high time to get real and combine them into a more meaningful 1/2 Amendment.

First and second, first and second

Go together like they're one amendment

This I tell you brother

You can't have one without the....other.

• Like 1