1 1
kallend

More sacrifices to the 2nd Amendment

Recommended Posts

On 10/7/2021 at 9:00 AM, kallend said:

Clearly it's much too easy for loonies to get guns.....

Takes less then 60mins to make a zip gun out of a pipe and a nail. Obviously, hardware stores need mandated background checks on customers to prevent gun violence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Cocowheats said:

Takes less then 60mins to make a zip gun out of a pipe and a nail. Obviously, hardware stores need mandated background checks on customers to prevent gun violence.

Hey Cocopuff, I have been wondering. Should I feel bad for the cops or for the veteran? I am so confused....

America....Fuck Yeah!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
(edited)
18 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

Hey Cocopuff, I have been wondering. Should I feel bad for the cops or for the veteran? I am so confused....

America....Fuck Yeah!

What's this have to do with my zip gun comment and how easy it is to make crude versions of things with minimal ingenuity and materials

Edited by Cocowheats

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Cocowheats said:

You should feel bad for yourself because you don't comprehend actual freedom.

If actual freedom is cops driving around in unmarked vans shooting at anybody standing around I will take living without actual freedom.

If when you return fire in self defense, you are then beaten, kicked in the face and arrested. I will take living without that actual freedom.

If you are then offered a plea deal of 13 years by the prosecutor and have to take your chances in court. I will take living without that actual freedom.

But you still didn't answer the important question. As a good proud American Republican, are you supposed to support the fine officers in the article, or the fine veteran who they beat and then tried to put in jail for a long period of time?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
(edited)

Hey skydick, you're scared of freedom. Got it. You've made it known many times on here.

To answer your question, you can feel sorry for whomever you care to. That's part of freedom. Chose a side, IDGAF what side. Your choice bud.

Edited by Cocowheats

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Cocowheats said:

Hey skydick, you're scared of freedom. Got it. You've made it known many times on here.

To answer your question, you can feel sorry for whomever you care to. That's part of freedom. Chose a side, IDGAF what side. Your choice bud.

You didn't read the article, did you :rofl:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
(edited)
1 minute ago, SkyDekker said:

You didn't read the article, did you :rofl:

I am free not too, am I not?

Just as you're free to have an opinion of who to feel sorry for...or whatever.

It really is a hard concept to grasp, I get it.

Edited by Cocowheats

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Cocowheats said:

Takes less then 60mins to make a zip gun out of a pipe and a nail. Obviously, hardware stores need mandated background checks on customers to prevent gun violence.

When homemade zip guns kill 40,000 American a year like gun owners do with their guns (a rate per 100,000 far higher than any other western nation) I expect there would be some restrictions.

You exhibit all the characteristics of a troll.  One of our resident right wing trolls has gone quiet lately.  I wonder. . . . . . . . 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, kallend said:

You exhibit all the characteristics of a troll.  One of our resident right wing trolls has gone quiet lately.  I wonder. . . . . . . . 

I haven't made a judgement yet on who it could be, but there is no question at all it's a sock-puppet. I figure the mods are just seeing how interesting things stay...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, mistercwood said:

I haven't made a judgement yet on who it could be, but there is no question at all it's a sock-puppet. I figure the mods are just seeing how interesting things stay...

Oh no. 

He's at least sort of legit.

He just doesn't show up very often.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/8/2021 at 1:58 PM, Cocowheats said:

Takes less then 60mins to make a zip gun out of a pipe and a nail. Obviously, hardware stores need mandated background checks on customers to prevent gun violence.

Earth to CooCooClock, it also only takes a minute, a hose, a snot rag, a pop bottle, someones car and a Bic lighter to be a Russian bartender. Of course banning any of those because of a horseshit analogy would be as irrational as banning Menthos and Coca Cola because we all might get fizzed to death. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/8/2021 at 10:44 PM, kallend said:

When homemade zip guns kill 40,000 American a year like gun owners do with their guns (a rate per 100,000 far higher than any other western nation) I expect there would be some restrictions.

You exhibit all the characteristics of a troll.  One of our resident right wing trolls has gone quiet lately.  I wonder. . . . . . . . 

He probably got a time-out for informing Skydeker “energy poverty” was, in fact, two words and not one.  That must have hurt Skydeker’s feelings something awful, as it was deemed a personal attack.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, brenthutch said:

He probably got a time-out for informing Skydeker “energy poverty” was, in fact, two words and not one.  That must have hurt Skydeker’s feelings something awful, as it was deemed a personal attack.

I have often wondered if you can state your own name without making mistakes, but you certainly have trouble stating mine without making mistakes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
(edited)
1 hour ago, SkyDekker said:

I have often wondered if you can state your own name without making mistakes, but you certainly have trouble stating mine without making mistakes.

Sorry. I was doing it from memory (never a good idea)

SkyDekker

Edited by brenthutch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/8/2021 at 7:44 PM, kallend said:

When homemade zip guns kill 40,000 American a year like gun owners do with their guns (a rate per 100,000 far higher than any other western nation) I expect there would be some restrictions.

You exhibit all the characteristics of a troll.  One of our resident right wing trolls has gone quiet lately.  I wonder. . . . . . . . 

Alcohol kills about as many or more if you count cancers.  Doctors and pharmaceutical companies kill far more from medical mistakes. Coca cola about an order of magnitude more.  Even if you include suicides like your 40K number is doing.  

Can we ban coke?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, base698 said:

Alcohol kills about as many or more if you count cancers.  Doctors and pharmaceutical companies kill far more from medical mistakes. Coca cola about an order of magnitude more. 

Very true.  And if criminals/well meaning but careless people/idiots start killing tens of thousands of innocent people a year by forcing them to drink rum and Cokes (including thousands of children) then yes, you would absolutely see people trying to regulate such people more stringently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
(edited)
30 minutes ago, billvon said:

Very true.  And if criminals/well meaning but careless people/idiots start killing tens of thousands of innocent people a year by forcing them to drink rum and Cokes (including thousands of children) then yes, you would absolutely see people trying to regulate such people more stringently.

They are killing 12,000.  Half of which are gang violence.  Only if you include suicides.  Other countries have higher suicide rates.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/gun-deaths/

Think about all the free hospital capacity if we outlawed coke though.  Those billions spent on diabetes could be used to cure kids 

Edited by base698

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, base698 said:

Think about all the free hospital capacity if we outlawed coke though.  Those billions spent on diabetes could be used to cure kids 

If you like. Go for it!  Let us know how it goes.

In general, people get less upset over people killing themselves than they do over people killing other people.  It's sort of a thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oregon joins 11 other states in requiring gun owners to store their firearms in a gun room or safe or use a trigger lock when it is not being carried or under their control. 

https://www.statesmanjournal.com/story/news/2021/09/25/oregon-new-gun-law-goes-into-effect-what-know/5863197001/

And no one tried to rip up the 2nd Amendment. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BIGUN said:

....

And no one tried to rip up the 2nd Amendment. 

Speaking of the second amendment. There is a new book out about what was the biggest lobby group in US history and how it misfired. Its entitled  "Misfire: Inside the Downfall of the NRA"   It outlines the corruption, bankruptcy in January and current litigation to dissolve it.

This summer a major gunmaker Remington(in bankruptcy) offered $33 million to settle Sandy Hook legal claims.  Then this week one of the rights conspiracy gun nuts Alex Jones. Lost by Default in Remaining Sandy Hook Defamation Suits

'A Connecticut judge’s ruling against the Infowars host combines with decisions in Texas to grant a clean sweep for the families of 10 shooting victims." Two judges in two jurisdictions.

During the last midterms the NRA spent 11 million(2018) and $54 million to elect trump(2016).  Now they spend more on legal fees than they take in. Spending $40 million in 2020 on lawyers. They are on pace to spend more on lawyers this year. This while membership has been falling 20% or more per year since 2018.

Gun maker after gun maker called on the NRA to cancel the annual conference in Houston Texas scheduled for October. The NRA refused because its a huge fundraising and networking event for them. Attendance regularly runs over 70,000. Then barely three weeks before the event they cancelled it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

called on the NRA to cancel the annual conference in Houston Texas

The tide is turning, Phil. This next generation joined the NRA cause their mothers & fathers belonged to it. Since about the late 1990's those kids realized that it wasn't an educational organization, but a lobbying firm and started turning elsewhere. There's been a big influx of joining your local gun range and doing regional "meets." Plus you get more out of your local gun range - training, weapons education, storage, safety, etc. In time, the NRA will cease to exist.     

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

1 1