5 5
kallend

More sacrifices to the 2nd Amendment

On 5/10/2023 at 4:51 AM, riggerrob said:

Excessive paranoia is a mental health problem.

As though other countries with far fewer gun deaths don’t also have people who struggle with mental health issues.  What a stupid red herring.

If more guns will make us safer, as Gov. Abbot and other NRA apologists claim,  just how many are needed to turn around the trend of more gun deaths each year?

• Like 2

On 5/9/2023 at 10:51 AM, riggerrob said:

Excessive paranoia is a mental health problem.

As developed, advertised, promoted by the NRA and the gun industry. A home invader is right around the corner. You can be carjacked in the Costco parking lot. You need more guns to protect your family.

Keep that gun by the front door. Anyone driving up your driveway can be a home invader. Children today can rob and kill you as fast as an adult. Look what happened with that six year old and his teacher.in Virginia.

6 hours ago, kallend said:

As though other countries with far fewer gun deaths don’t also have people who struggle with mental health issues.  What a stupid red herring.

Not necessarily. Fear has been the selling feature in America for more guns in every corner of the debate.Where else in the world do food delivery drivers get shot for knocking on the door?

This month more immigrants will pour into the US  Even though immigrants have proven to be more law abiding than average Americans.They will be used to sell more guns. Even though the NRA now has a minuscule role in the debate. Fear and the resultant paranoia of personal safety continues to sell, sell, sell.

A lot of people who shouldn’t have guns, who don’t need them, who don’t know how to use them safely … are fearful and trigger happy,” said the president of Global Action on Gun Violence, Jonathan Lowy. “And it’s inevitable that that will lead to tragedies like we’re seeing.”

It goes without saying that as other G-7 countries remove guns from the equation. Nobody in those countries feels any less secure.

4 hours ago, Phil1111 said:

" ... This month more immigrants will pour into the US  Even though immigrants have proven to be more law abiding than average Americans. ... "

Smart immigrants know that the best way to avoid deportation is to stay out of the county jail. Hence the majority of immigrants quietly go to work, don't beat their wives, drive within the speed limit and avoid petty crime.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, riggerrob said:

Smart immigrants know that the best way to avoid deportation is to stay out of the county jail. Hence the majority of immigrants quietly go to work, don't beat their wives, drive within the speed limit and avoid petty crime.

and some know to give a false identity and never show up in court. I have known 9 that have told me of doing that.

59 minutes ago, riggerrob said:

Hence the majority of immigrants quietly go to work, don't beat their wives, drive within the speed limit and avoid petty crime.

Hence, the need for a new southern location of an Ellis Island, or two, or three. We need good citizens, but not criminals. 

• Like 3

On 5/10/2023 at 1:22 PM, BartsDaddy said:

well you probably made more than me. Except on Mothers day or Valentines day those two days made a fortune on roses

I’m pretty sure no one is spending Valentine’s Day in a Supermax from selling flowers, though.

27 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

No shit, you say? I’m guessing you aren’t aware from whence comes Lebanese Blonde hash. Back to Bonfire for you.

I don’t think Lebanon has exported that product to here since the civil war in the late 70s. The red was even better, but scarce.

1 hour ago, JoeWeber said:

No shit, you say? I’m guessing you aren’t aware from whence comes Lebanese Blonde hash. Back to Bonfire for you.

And your gueessing just shows how ignorant you are. While your lebanese blonde hash may come from flowers it is not flowers after being processed into hash just like heroin is not poppy flowers. And with the propper permits you can sell a lot of hash now also. But i gues you just have to flap your lips to feel important.

17 minutes ago, BartsDaddy said:

And your gueessing just shows how ignorant you are. While your lebanese blonde hash may come from flowers it is not flowers after being processed into hash just like heroin is not poppy flowers. And with the propper permits you can sell a lot of hash now also. But i gues you just have to flap your lips to feel important.

Thanks for straightening me out.

On 5/12/2023 at 1:03 AM, Phil1111 said:
   On 5/11/2023 at 6:43 PM, kallend said:

And you replied:

Not necessarily. Fear has been the selling feature in America for more guns in every corner of the debate.Where else in the world do food delivery drivers get shot for knocking on the door?

This month more immigrants will pour into the US  Even though immigrants have proven to be more law abiding than average Americans.They will be used to sell more guns. Even though the NRA now has a minuscule role in the debate. Fear and the resultant paranoia of personal safety continues to sell, sell, sell.

A lot of people who shouldn’t have guns, who don’t need them, who don’t know how to use them safely … are fearful and trigger happy,” said the president of Global Action on Gun Violence, Jonathan Lowy. “And it’s inevitable that that will lead to tragedies like we’re seeing.”

It goes without saying that as other G-7 countries remove guns from the equation. Nobody in those countries feels any less secure.

Britain has huge numbers of immigrants too.  Just walk down any street in London.

Yet the rate per 100,000 of gun homicides n the UK is a tny fraction of that in the US (about 1%).  In England and Wales in 2021, there were just 31 gun homicides..  In the US there were 20,958

Doe Britain only have 1% of the mental health problems as the US?

Texas has about 3x the rate of homicides as NY state.  Does Texas have 3x the rate of mental illness?  Does living in Texas make you crazier than living in NY?

• Like 1