5 5
kallend

More sacrifices to the 2nd Amendment

3 hours ago, Phil1111 said:

Joe gets like that when the good rum runs out and he has to settle for Kirkland jugs.

I’d apologize to Brent before drinking Costco swill. BTW, the Abuelo 12 is surprisingly drinkable if you like a little smokiness and very well priced.

4 hours ago, winsor said:

Gee, and here I thought the reference was to the explosion of the population based on the assumption that natural resources, to include fossil fuels, were inexhaustible, compounded by going into debt at a level beyond that which can be repaid, and generally following policies that have spelled doom for a civilization every time they have been tried.

In that case the "we" in "we are fucked" is pretty limited. There are no known events in history that have wiped out all civilizations. The "we are fucked" is fatalistic. Many may be fucked, some are always fucked, but "we are fucked" is nonsense.

Edited by SkyDekker

"Rep. George Santos, R-N.Y., is backing a bill to make the AR-15 rifle — a gun that has been used in some of the deadliest mass shootings in the country — the "National Gun of the United States."

Santos this week joined primary sponsor Rep. Barry Moore, R-Ala., in backing the bill, as did gun store owner Rep. Andrew Clyde, R- Ga., and Rep. Lauren Boebert, R-Colo., who ran a gun-themed restaurant called "Shooters Grill.""

What could possibly make more sense or be more useful? Brent, you must be so proud.

1 hour ago, JoeWeber said:

"Rep. George Santos, R-N.Y., is backing a bill to make the AR-15 rifle — a gun that has been used in some of the deadliest mass shootings in the country — the "National Gun of the United States."

And he is an excellent person to spearhead this.  After all, he killed Saddam Hussein with his trusty AR-15 while he was in the Green Berets.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, billvon said:

And he is an excellent person to spearhead this.  After all, he killed Saddam Hussein with his trusty AR-15 while he was in the Green Berets.

And he went on to kill Osama bin Laden when he was in Seal Team 6, and went on to star as himself in a movie about it which he financed with his own money.

1 hour ago, kallend said:

And he went on to kill Osama bin Laden when he was in Seal Team 6, and went on to star as himself in a movie about it which he financed with his own money.

He was Spiderman?

Oh, wait. That was a Broadway show, not a movie.

Edited by wolfriverjoe

16 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

Santos this week joined primary sponsor Rep. Barry Moore, R-Ala., in backing the bill, as did gun store owner Rep. Andrew Clyde, R- Ga., and Rep. Lauren Boebert, R-Colo., who ran a gun-themed restaurant called "Shooters Grill.""

What could possibly make more sense or be more useful? Brent, you must be so proud.

AR = America’s Rifle?  We wouldn’t even need to change the initials and it already is the most popular rifle sold in the US.

https://www.nssf.org/msr/

7 hours ago, kallend said:

He's from Oklahoma - what else would you expect?

We try to not make fun of the special needs children in this state.

[southern lady accent] God bless his soul. [/southern lady accent]

Jon Stewart was no less than masterful. I was dying laughing. 

• Like 3

For family reasons I spent the weekend in Arkansas.  Judging by the billboards along the highways, it would appear that Arkansans spend a whole lot on guns and ammo.

Maybe they should reconsider their priorities.

Arkansas rankings among the states:

Health Care#49

Education#41

Economy#41

Infrastructure#43

But they sure are ready to fight off those Russian and Chinese invaders.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, kallend said:

For family reasons I spent the weekend in Arkansas.  Judging by the billboards along the highways, it would appear that Arkansans spend a whole lot on guns and ammo.

Did Jesus also have a big ad buy there?

Just now, kallend said:

I saw some very large crosses erected at several points along the highway.  But not as many as AR-15 ads.

Sure, but did anyone pictured on a billboard take a potshot at you? No? Well there it is, and it is just as Brent has so patiently tried to educate us, there is no connection between the desensitizing and normalizing advertisement of AR-15 weapons and shootings of any kind. I'll bet that after seeing those ad's a dozen or so times it doesn't even register consciously anymore, further proving Brents point. 

5 hours ago, kallend said:

Maybe they should reconsider their priorities.

Arkansas rankings among the states:

Health Care#49

Education#41

Economy#41

Infrastructure#43

Isn't Jebbus responsible for those areas of endeavor?

24 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

So a 2 year old can buy and carry guns? Can I bring my guns into the courthouse?

That's the fallacy. Regulation != Infringing on Rights. One can still own guns; but rights and ownership come with responsibility. It would be nice if we didn't have to regulate people regarding guns, but as long as they're going to be irresponsible, then regulations will need to be emplaced.  

Somehow, I'm of the opinion that killing kids in schools is not equal to responsible.  

• Like 5

1 hour ago, SkyDekker said:

So a 2 year old can buy and carry guns? Can I bring my guns into the courthouse?

I find it interesting that the "well regulated" portion is continually dismissed, refused, misconstrued, or flat out ignored and argued over.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, normiss said:

I find it interesting that the "well regulated" portion is continually dismissed, refused, misconstrued, or flat out ignored and argued over.

Brother, between 2001 and the end of the war, there were more children killed in the U.S. by gunfire, than our own military killed in Iraq/Afghanistan.  In fact, roughly 7,000 children were killed by gunfire in the five years after Sandy Hook (2012-2017) than the 6,900 U.S. military killed during the war. Think about that for awhile. Then get pissed off.   

• Like 2

(edited)
41 minutes ago, BIGUN said:

Brother, between 2001 and the end of the war, there were more children killed in the U.S. by gunfire, than our own military killed in Iraq/Afghanistan.  In fact, roughly 7,000 children were killed by gunfire in the five years after Sandy Hook (2012-2017) than the 6,900 U.S. military killed during the war. Think about that for awhile. Then get pissed off.   

There is no reason to get pissed off, generally, the sane understand the problem: the glorification of guns in America. Guy's like Brent with his silly non-points, like posting a picture of AR-15's and Ammo and observing that they don't auto load and kill kids, are the problem. The Second Amendment isn't the problem, either. Again, it's where we are at culturally. The First Amendment is not perfectly worded either but no one is claiming that screaming fire in a theater is protected speech. No. Our American gun problem is caused by our media, mostly, which preys on some people's selfishness and ignorance. If you believe the world is inherently dangerous then you likely think being armed is critical to survival. If you think the world is mostly a decent place to live if you just avoid some dangerous spots then you probably think it's dumb to carry a gun. In either case, you ought to scrutinize why you think the world is as you believe it is when so many others see it differently. And then honestly test your view.

Edited by JoeWeber
  • Like 2