5 5
kallend

More sacrifices to the 2nd Amendment

9 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

That's an interesting point of view. Were the circumstances unique or predictable?

What do you mean?

A man broke into my apartment (my domicile, my home, my castle) and attacked me in my shower.

The use of the word predictable smacks of victim blaming.

"Interesting point of view."   my ass.

14 minutes ago, oldwomanc6 said:

What do you mean?

A man broke into my apartment (my domicile, my home, my castle) and attacked me in my shower.

The use of the word predictable smacks of victim blaming.

"Interesting point of view."   my ass.

Relax. What I mean is that it seems fantasy to wish you had a gun in your shower. Did you know the man?

2 hours ago, brenthutch said:

And there in lies the problem. Once MAC-10 are banned, attention will be turned to ARs, once ARs are banned it will be semi automatic pistols, once semi automatic pistols are banned then it will be… it is what Progressives like to call “progress”. 

No, that is not wherein lies the problem unless you think that MAC-10's in the hands of anyone who wants one, or more, is a benefit to an evolving society.

3 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

Relax. What I mean is that it seems fantasy to wish you had a gun in your shower. Did you know the man?

No.  But, even if I did, it does not put any of the responsibility on me, the only one to blame is the criminal.

Again, trying to put any part of the responsibility on anyone other than the perp is victim blaming.  

Of course it is a fantasy wish to have been armed.  20/20 hindsight and all. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, oldwomanc6 said:

No.  But, even if I did, it does not put any of the responsibility on me, the only one to blame is the criminal.

Again, trying to put any part of the responsibility on anyone other than the perp is victim blaming.  

Of course it is a fantasy wish to have been armed.  20/20 hindsight and all. 

No one is blaming you. You harshed Olof for being flippant about your experience. You also wished you had a gun while you were showering which is ridiculous. If it was just a random attack from someone who you had zero connection to then, like me, you probably don't need a gun when you are in the shower. 

7 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

No one is blaming you. You harshed Olof for being flippant about your experience. You also wished you had a gun while you were showering which is ridiculous. If it was just a random attack from someone who you had zero connection to then, like me, you probably don't need a gun when you are in the shower. 

I'ld say that shower time it may have helped her.

9 minutes ago, BartsDaddy said:

I'ld say that shower time it may have helped her.

And it makes sense to wear a parachute whenever you drive across a bridge.  Because, you know, if it collapsed, it could save your life.  13 people died in Wisconsin when the I-35 bridge collapsed because they weren't wearing parachutes, so this is no joke.

3 hours ago, billvon said:

And it makes sense to wear a parachute whenever you drive across a bridge.  Because, you know, if it collapsed, it could save your life.  13 people died in Wisconsin when the I-35 bridge collapsed because they weren't wearing parachutes, so this is no joke.

When did they move I-35 to WI?

• Like 1

Guys, most women are physically more vulnerable than most men. And they are more attractive to men. I haven't been mugged or attacked, but it's as much luck as anything. And someone who got into a skid in their car on the ice may start using winter tires or studded tires -- someone who was attacked in their home, in their shower, might well want some additional safety. It's partly emotional, and emotions matter.

Yes, better locks (which might not be an option in a rental property) can help. And a gun won't go into the shower, and is, in fact, likely to be seen by an intruder if one comes into the shower. But don't try to rob her experience or her emotions.

Wendy P.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

Guys, most women are physically more vulnerable than most men. And they are more attractive to men. I haven't been mugged or attacked, but it's as much luck as anything. And someone who got into a skid in their car on the ice may start using winter tires or studded tires -- someone who was attacked in their home, in their shower, might well want some additional safety. It's partly emotional, and emotions matter.

Yes, better locks (which might not be an option in a rental property) can help. And a gun won't go into the shower, and is, in fact, likely to be seen by an intruder if one comes into the shower. But don't try to rob her experience or her emotions.

Wendy P.

I have no clue what the circumstances of the intrusion were but I have a solid clue that believing a shower assault could have been stopped had she been armed at the time is a poor way to defend being armed when suffering a surprise attack. Surely that's not a controversial opinion.

3 hours ago, wmw999 said:

Wendy P.

Fact is that people who keep guns in their homes are more likely to be shot dead than those who don't.  Just because it makes you feel better doesn't make it a good idea.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

His for sure, he even Fracks in his house apparently.

Thats pretty funny.

I doubt he owns that particular pistol pretending to be a rifle. Its more something that a 18 year old from AR-15.com would put together. So he can pretend to be a SEAL if he grows up and moves out of mom's basement.

2 hours ago, Phil1111 said:

Thats pretty funny.

I doubt he owns that particular pistol pretending to be a rifle. Its more something that a 18 year old from AR-15.com would put together. So he can pretend to be a SEAL if he grows up and moves out of mom's basement.

From where the photo was taken that’s obviously the shower gun.