5 5
kallend

More sacrifices to the 2nd Amendment

5 hours ago, BartsDaddy said:

I own one just like that. Bought and legally owned in California. So if he bought it long enough ago and registered it. He would be allowed to own it.

Sweet!  Are you like in MS-13 or some other Pro 2nd Amendment Organization? What I'm wondering is what if he didn't buy it legally but got it from someone who stole it from someone like you? Or maybe it came from someone who died and his heirs couldn't pass up selling it to anyone for a few hundred bucks? 

The thing is I think the "I did it the right way argument" is bunk. I think having a MAC-10 in your possession, if that's the gun, should be a felony. I think they should all be turned in or confiscated and then destroyed. I think that until we, as a society, insist that those types of people murdering guns are considered to be the real problem we will never get close to fixing the problem.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

Sweet!  Are you like in MS-13 or some other Pro 2nd Amendment Organization? What I'm wondering is what if he didn't buy it legally but got it from someone who stole it from someone like you? Or maybe it came from someone who died and his heirs couldn't pass up selling it to anyone for a few hundred bucks? 

The thing is I think the "I did it the right way argument" is bunk. I think having a MAC-10 in your possession, if that's the gun, should be a felony. I think they should all be turned in or confiscated and then destroyed. I think that until we, as a society, insist that those types of people murdering guns are considered to be the real problem we will never get close to fixing the problem.

Not in a gang or any organization. When I went to highschool here in California we had a gunsmithing class. There where guns on the bus on any given day. Guns were never the problem. its the people that use them that can be the problem some times. But your entitled to your opinion.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BartsDaddy said:

Not in a gang or any organization. When I went to highschool here in California we had a gunsmithing class. There where guns on the bus on any given day. Guns were never the problem. its the people that use them that can be the problem some times. But your entitled to your opinion.

Jesus Christ, man, I went to high school in San Jose and lived in East San Jose after I went on my own in the 11th grade. I had my own wheels, because of my business, but I never heard of guns on the bus from anyone. Where did you live?

4 minutes ago, BIGUN said:

Open bolt guns are classified as machine guns even if they can only fire one round at a time. No NFA, no can own. 

Too easy to convert to full auto

Well buy that picture you cant tell if thats a Mac-10 or a Mac 11-9. Mine is a Mac11-9. And you can make a semi auto only Sten with the ATF aproval wich is an open bolt.

1 minute ago, JoeWeber said:

Jesus Christ, man, I went to high school in San Jose and lived in East San Jose after I went on my own in the 11th grade. I had my own wheels, because of my business, but I never heard of guns on the bus from anyone. Where did you live?

Lived in Bridgeville California and rode the bus to Fortuna high school

7 minutes ago, BartsDaddy said:

When I went to highschool here in California we had a gunsmithing class. There where guns on the bus on any given day. Guns were never the problem

When you went to high school in California; were there over 3,000 people killed with guns each year in that state alone? Cause to me; that's a gun problem and a people problem.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BartsDaddy said:

Well buy that picture you cant tell if thats a Mac-10 or a Mac 11-9. Mine is a Mac11-9. And you can make a semi auto only Sten with the ATF aproval wich is an open bolt.

It's a Mac-11. I was addressing the MAC - 10 issue. 

And you can only make ANYTHING full auto with ATF approval, stamps, etc. etc. 

3 minutes ago, BIGUN said:

When you went to high school in California; were there over 3,000 people killed with guns each year in that state alone? Cause to me; that's a gun problem and a people problem.

And that is why the rest of my quote that failed to include says "but your entiteled to your opinion".

(edited)
8 minutes ago, BartsDaddy said:

Lived in Bridgeville California and rode the bus to Fortuna high school

Old stomping grounds those. I flipped and rolled a cherry '53 Chevy coming down the mountain out of Bridgeville after scouting deer. Traded it for a bag of weed to the property owner and caught a ride on the top of a firewood truck back into Fields Landing. I spent years in the area: Eureka, Blue River, Manila, Arcata etc. Guns were never a part of life there and I tasted a lot of life there.

Edited by JoeWeber

2 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

Old stomping grounds those. I flipped and rolled a cherry '53 Chevy coming down the mountain out of Bridgeville after scouting deer. Traded it for a bag of weed to the property owner and caught a ride on the top of a firewood truck back into Fields Landing. I spent years in the area: Eurekas, Blue River, Manila, Arcata etc. Guns were never a part of life there and I tasted a lot of life there.

Guns were everyday shit when i was up there. before I lived in bridgeville I was a litle farther out hwy 36 in Dinsmore I would ride my Honda 350 dream with my 30-30 in a scabard on the forks to go deer hunting on the back roads. when I would stop at the cafe to eat i would take it inside with me no one batted an eye about it. in the same cafe was in there one day when they were installing a pot belly wood stove. the worker went out got his 30-06 out of the gun rack in his truck walked in to the cafe stood on the brick hearth and shot a round through the roof for his pilot hole for the stove pipe.

I could tell you many many more stories

13 minutes ago, BartsDaddy said:

Guns were everyday shit when i was up there. before I lived in bridgeville I was a litle farther out hwy 36 in Dinsmore I would ride my Honda 350 dream with my 30-30 in a scabard on the forks to go deer hunting on the back roads. when I would stop at the cafe to eat i would take it inside with me no one batted an eye about it. in the same cafe was in there one day when they were installing a pot belly wood stove. the worker went out got his 30-06 out of the gun rack in his truck walked in to the cafe stood on the brick hearth and shot a round through the roof for his pilot hole for the stove pipe.

I could tell you many many more stories

You mean Dunsmuir, I know it well. We all had deer rifles and gun racks in our trucks. The woods are the woods, just how it is. But guns in the school bus? That just gets a Hmmm.. from me. You win, I'm gone.

1 minute ago, JoeWeber said:

You mean Dunsmuir, I know it well. We all had deer rifles and gun racks in our trucks. The woods are the woods, just how it is. But guns in the school bus? That just gets a Hmmm.. from me. You win, I'm gone.

No I mean Dinsmore. Dunsmuir is in sisiskyou county Dinsmore is in Humboldt county about 25 miles east of bridgeville. Dinsmore at the time had a popultion of 24 and i allways said they had to count dogs ands cats for that.

(edited)
2 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

And there in lies the problem. Once MAC-10 are banned, attention will be turned to ARs, once ARs are banned it will be semi automatic pistols, once semi automatic pistols are banned then it will be… it is what Progressives like to call “progress”. 

Edited by brenthutch

1 hour ago, JoeWeber said:

Old stomping grounds those. I flipped and rolled a cherry '53 Chevy coming down the mountain out of Bridgeville after scouting deer. Traded it for a bag of weed to the property owner and caught a ride on the top of a firewood truck back into Fields Landing. I spent years in the area: Eureka, Blue River, Manila, Arcata etc. Guns were never a part of life there and I tasted a lot of life there.

Hi Joe,

Small world.  One of my best friends for the past 60 yrs lives in Ferndale.  Been down there to visit him many, many times.

Jerry Baumchen