5 5
kallend

More sacrifices to the 2nd Amendment

3 hours ago, Slim King said:

Florida has armed teachers. How many students have they accidentally shot? None!!! How many students have stolen their guns? None!!!

Wrong again.

Somerset Academy Bay Elementary, October 5, 2018 - School security guard left a gun in the bathroom. A 5th grade student found the gun.

Sagemont School, March 5, 2020 - School security guard accidentally shoots a school employee in the eye on campus.

Weightman Middle School, April 30, 2019 - School employee accidentally fires a gun into a cafeteria.  No injuries. 

Jefferson Davis Middle School, February 14, 2019 - Officer entered the school during a lockdown and accidentally fired his weapon in a hallway.  No injuries.

North Broward Preparatory School, February 15, 2018 — Deputy fires his weapon on campus, hits himself in the leg.

River Ridge High School, December 17, 2019 — School employee draws his weapon and threatens to shoot a student because they were truant.  No injuries.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Slim King said:

Not a single teacher that has gone through 144 hours of Guardian Training 

So you figure teachers will be better with guns than cops who use them - and train with them - often.

No thanks.  Perhaps do that experiment in your kid's school.

1 hour ago, Slim King said:

The writers of the Bill of Rights believed that We The People should have enough arms to over through the government at any time should it be needed.

Yet they also believed Treason and Insurrection were illegal and against the Constitution. Logically those two views/opinions cannot coexist simultaneously.

Do you really think your Founding Fathers were sucking and blowing at the same time?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Slim King said:

ROTFLMAO... The second Amendment is part of the Bill of Rights ... They thought most people just understood your natural rights but they soon realized there would be those who didn't have a clue so they put all ten in to make sure you'd get the point. I've obviously stumbled across the folks they were talking about ..LOL

That doesn't invalidate the point I made. Are you sure you know the rules of debate?

7 minutes ago, olofscience said:

That doesn't invalidate the point I made. Are you sure you know the rules of debate?

To be fair I thought ‘Second Amendment baby wooooooo!’ was a very well reasoned answer to the question of whether armed teachers would be a realistic solution to the school shooting problem.

19 minutes ago, olofscience said:

REPUBLICAN RULES OF DEBATE

1. Ignore facts. Lies, misdirection, throwing unrelated issues into the equation all work.

2. If you're wrong never admit it. Instead feign ignorance or amnesia.

3. Pause for laughter after each racist/bigoted statement.

4. Keep mentioning how intelligent, educated and wealthy you are.

5. Every 4-5 answers throw in Benghazi.

6. Mention his/her poor/hardscrabble upbringing, or a parent who “worked every day of his life.”

7. Claim a positive relationship with a minority. Also known as the, “Some of my best friends are…”

8. Be sure to state at least twice “I’m not a scientist.”

9. If #2 - #8 don't seem to be effective see rule #1

• Like 1

12 hours ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi Bill,

One would guess not:  enough arms to over through the government 

Jerry Baumchen

Likely a slip of the tongue referring to the current GOP strategy to corrupt the government from within.To create a GOP fifth column within it. Through: :"The red states are moving social policy sharply to the right within their borders on issues from abortion to LGBTQ rights and classroom censorship, while simultaneously working to hobble the ability of either the federal government or their own largest metro areas to set a different course.

“The only time I can recall in American history even remotely like this [divergence] was after the Civil War when the separate but equal doctrine began to emerge” across the South as a backlash against the attempts of the 13th, 14th and 15th Constitutional amendments to ensure equality for the freed slaves, says Donald Kettl, the former dean of the public policy school at the University of Maryland and author of the book, “The Divided States of America.” He added, “It’s a multifront war with very sharp swords.”

21 hours ago, billvon said:

This is about 5 years old now.  The new, correct distraction is "Hunter's laptop."

Bill - describing the laptop as a "distraction" is disturbing. If what is on the laptop is in line with what has been reported, it's a problem.

And true or not, many believe that if his last name wasn't Biden there would be an investigation. 

5 minutes ago, billeisele said:

Bill - describing the laptop as a "distraction" is disturbing. If what is on the laptop is in line with what has been reported, it's a problem.

And true or not, many believe that if his last name wasn't Biden there would be an investigation. 

What do you mean by "in line with what's been reported"?
If you mean the stories in the New York Post (the ones that claim the most 'wrongdoing'), then you might want to take a deeper look.
If you mean what's been reported by the NYT, WaPo & WSJ, then I don't see a 'problem'.

If his dad wasn't President, nobody would care.

It's also true that if his dad wasn't a prominent politician, he wouldn't have had the opportunities he's had, but that's a different topic.

1 hour ago, billeisele said:

Bill - describing the laptop as a "distraction" is disturbing. If what is on the laptop is in line with what has been rumored in the alt-right universe, it's a problem.

If his last name wasn't Biden the liars would find another target.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, billeisele said:

‘Many believe’ that Joe is definitely corrupt because Hunter once came along to babysit the grandkids on a trip to China, but Ivanka actually sitting in on international conferences and Jared being appointed Chief of Fucking Everything is totally fine.

In other words, ‘many people’ are ultra partisan morons and what they believe has no connection to reality.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, billeisele said:

In what way?

Hunter's laptop is like "but her emails" and "Benghazi" - memes that conservaties have been told are critical but they don't really understand.  Trump tried to use it as an October surprise but failed.

It's an attempted distraction, a political ploy.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, billeisele said:

Even if all the bullshit that is being bandied around in the alt-right scene about that laptop is true it still wouldn't prove anything.

We are talking about a laptop that was supposedly left behind for more than a year and then given to Rudy Giuliani. It was given to him cause the repair shop owner supposedly saw very disturbing content when he was copying files and of all people he reached out to Rudy...

Now, you are saying all that is a problem. Hillary's emails are a problem. But, the stuff found in Trump's basement THAT is  a political ploy by the FBI and should be disregarded

The right wing is a funny lot, behave like those blow up bendy figures they use at the used car lot, bend whatever way the wind blows.......

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

We are talking about a laptop that was supposedly left behind for more than a year and then given to Rudy Giuliani. It was given to him cause the repair shop owner supposedly saw very disturbing content when he was copying files and of all people he reached out to Rudy.

And the best part about it:

The person who said that it was Hunter Biden who dropped off the laptop . . .  is legally blind.

So there's some rock solid proof right there that it was Hunter!

Another fun fact - there are a bunch of incriminating folders on that drive including ones titled "Biden Burisma," "Salacious Pics Package" and "Hunter Burisma Documents."  They were created in 2020.  By the blind guy's own story, he got the laptop in 2019.

Next up - a deaf person overheard Hunter say that it was totally his.

(edited)
5 hours ago, billeisele said:

It's just too darn bad that the FBI now can't be trusted to investigate allegations made by unnamed sources about possible violations of stuff.

As long as you're back, are you willing to address the gun control issues you brought up and I responded to back on August 12 in post #1559 of the second amendment thread? 

Edited by JoeWeber

5 hours ago, billeisele said:

If Trump's tax returns are in line with what's been reported, it's a problem.

If the documents stored at Mar a Lago are in line with what's been reported, it's a problem.

If the Trump organization's business practices as described by the former CFO are in line with what's been reported, it's a problem.

If Trump's personal affairs as described by his previous personal "fixer" and lawyer are in line with what's been reported, it's a problem.

If Trump's treatment of women are as self described in the Access Hollywood video, it's a problem.

If Trump's attempts to "find" votes in Georgia and elsewhere are as testified under oath, it's a problem.

Trump's well documented tens of thousands of lies are a problem.

But none of the above seem to bother you as much as what might be on this laptop.

In fact none of the above seem to bother you at all.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, JoeWeber said:

As long as you're back, are you willing to address the gun control issues you brought up and I responded to back on August 12 in post #1559 of the second amendment thread? 

Joe - the xx's and other blanks were for lawmakers to fill in based on the facts, they were left that way on purpose 

2 minutes ago, billeisele said:

Joe - the xx's and other blanks were for lawmakers to fill in based on the facts, they were left that way on purpose 

That's one item out of many but a great example of side stepping the issue. My point is that if you'll come at me with this: "Joe - I've clearly stated many actions that IMO should be taken. You've continually inferred that I support unfettered proliferation of assault weapons. That's not correct." And then back up that claim with fill in the blanks and shoulda oughta's you aren't being completely straight. I gave you the opportunity to clearly state and you are unwilling to do so. I don't blame you, actually, because like I pointed out what you claim to want when fleshed out would be serious gun regulations.