5 5
kallend

More sacrifices to the 2nd Amendment

40 minutes ago, Slim King said:

The NRA provided arms to stop the lynchings and they succeeded ... Almost all blacks supported the NRA and were basically republicans by nature. That's why the Democrat (Former) slave owners hated the NRA. Watch MAAFA 21 ... An excellent documentary about the black struggle and how the white Democrats wanted them stopped.

That's like some of the most interesting history rewriting I've seen. Lynchings were waning before the Civil Rights Act -- the publicity around the Emmett Till lynching was part of that, with his mother's willingness to share the impact. Mass communications had a fair amount to do with it.

I rather doubt that arming African Americans would have resulted in fewer lynchings before they started to wane on their own.

Truthiness is what confirms one's belief. Truth is what challenges it -- sometimes causing beliefs to be changed, sometimes not. Just because you really, really, think something, and can search and find evidence for it, doesn't make it true. Evidence that doesn't confirm one's beliefs is just as much evidence as that which does.

Wendy P.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Slim King said:

What is your answer? You said to remove all the guns. 

Nope.  I said if you removed all the guns there would be no shootings.  If you had more guns you'd have more shootings, as has been proven time and time again.  Pretty simple.

1 hour ago, Slim King said:

The NRA provided arms to stop the lynchings and they succeeded ... Almost all blacks supported the NRA and were basically republicans by nature.

As soon as the blacks got guns, republicans voted for gun bans.

Republicans don't want everyone to have guns.  Heck, they even ban guns in the audiences at their own speeches.  They just want THEMSELVES to have guns.

• Like 1

And here I thought you weren’t a Republican!

Republicans weren’t always the conservatives, and Democrats weren’t always the liberals. For both, you have to take more than one factor into account 

Oh the horror! It’s not simple and obvious!

Wendy P. 

1 minute ago, Slim King said:

Republicans freed the slaves with guns. Republicans formed the NRA to protect the men and women they had freed. Most blacks were Republicans. I'd absolutely LOVE for you to show me Republican Gun Bans ... I'll wait..........

spacer.png

8 minutes ago, Slim King said:

BTW ... I'm not a republican, but I do read history books.... Those who don't know history are doomed to repeat the 11th grade!

From the "History Channel"" In contrast to the NRA’s rigid opposition to gun control in today’s America, the organization fought alongside the government for stricter gun regulations in the 1960s. This was part of an effort to keep guns out of the hands of African-Americans as racial tensions in the nation grew. "

From the NRA website No mention of what you suggest. Although I was never a republican I was a NRA member for about five years.

"On the crafting of the Second Amendment at the Constitutional Convention

It was in response to the concerns coming out of the Virginia ratification convention for the Constitution, led by Patrick Henry and George Mason, that a militia that was controlled solely by the federal government would not be there to protect the slave owners from an enslaved uprising. And ... James Madison crafted that language in order to mollify the concerns coming out of Virginia and the anti-Federalists, that they would still have full control over their state militias — and those militias were used in order to quell slave revolts. ... The Second Amendment really provided the cover, the assurances that Patrick Henry and George Mason needed, that the militias would not be controlled by the federal government, but that they would be controlled by the states and at the beck and call of the states to be able to put down these uprisings."

9 hours ago, Slim King said:

BTW ... I'm not a republican, but I do read history books.... Those who don't know history are doomed to repeat the 11th grade!

In that case you should be aware of Nixon's southern strategy, continued under Reagan and Trump, to win the southern racist voters for the GOP. 

• Like 1

Which one survived?

Lots of teachers have been in the same room as active school shooters and survived. One of the teachers locked in a classroom with the Uvalde shooter survived.

Earlier you mentioned ten rules of arguing. I’m really surprised that one of them isn’t ‘know something about what you’re arguing’. Seems to me like that should be fundamental, but clearly you think differently.

Which one survived?

2 minutes ago, jakee said:

Lots of teachers have been in the same room as active school shooters and survived. One of the teachers locked in a classroom with the Uvalde shooter survived.

Earlier you mentioned ten rules of arguing. I’m really surprised that one of them isn’t ‘know something about what you’re arguing’. Seems to me like that should be fundamental, but clearly you think differently.

Called trolling. Its not hard to find the answer. Feigned ignorance of the obvious is the first clue.

Right Brent?

12 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

Called trolling. Its not hard to find the answer. Feigned ignorance of the obvious is the first clue.

Right Brent?

He can't be a Brent sock puppet, he also posts on DB Cooper. That's a third subject which eliminates Brent.

16 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

I’m not sure. I think this one is genuinely clueless as well as being a troll.

Trolls will go for anything where there’s the slightest chance of arguing the toss, but whether any teacher has ever survived a shooting or whether Obama was in charge of Afghanistan in 2001/2 are just straight up facts. 

And he even (eventually) retracted the Obama thing. So I think he’s not purely a troll, but also an ignorant person making very stupid mistakes.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, jakee said:

I’m not sure. I think this one is genuinely clueless as well as being a troll.

Trolls will go for anything where there’s the slightest chance of arguing the toss, but whether any teacher has ever survived a shooting or whether Obama was in charge of Afghanistan in 2001/2 are just straight up facts. 

And he even (eventually) retracted the Obama thing. So I think he’s not purely a troll, but also an ignorant person making very stupid mistakes.

Good catch! I pay little attention to the subjects or nuances of his republican imbued posts so I'd have never noticed that.

(edited)

Name the teachers that survived.

You’re incapable of looking up the details of the last major school shooting that happened even after being told there was one in that event?

And you’re lecturing other people about data?

Edited by jakee