5 5
kallend

More sacrifices to the 2nd Amendment

9 minutes ago, billeisele said:

Anywhere in the rings of a standard B-27 target. The rings fit on a thin or fat person. IMO the requirements are much to easy.

There's no requirement for Billy Bob to have a CWP to own a "machine gun" more appropriately called an automatic weapon. Therefore, he doesn't have to be tested on the laws or be proven capable of properly firing the gun. But he will have to wait 8 - 10 months for the BATFE to investigate his background and complete the paperwork. The investigation is good.

I like to give you the gears on guns. But I'll admit technically most of your responses are accurate. IMO the ability of someone to be accurate is less important than keeping the weapon from the hands of the unstable.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, billeisele said:

There's no requirement for Billy Bob to have a CWP to own a "machine gun" more appropriately called an automatic weapon.

"What's in a name? That which we call a rose / By any other name would smell as sweet."; W. Shakespeare.

3 hours ago, billeisele said:

Anywhere in the rings of a standard B-27 target. The rings fit on a thin or fat person. IMO the requirements are much to easy.

There's no requirement for Billy Bob to have a CWP to own a "machine gun" more appropriately called an automatic weapon. Therefore, he doesn't have to be tested on the laws or be proven capable of properly firing the gun. But he will have to wait 8 - 10 months for the BATFE to investigate his background and complete the paperwork. The investigation is good.

Sure. That's a 2' X 3' size, way too large to prove anything, which is the point I was making. But it's on a human silhouette, as attached, correct? That is also a part of the unfortunate, subconscious altering, narrative that supports needing a pistol for personal protection.  

I know that automatic weapons are often mistakenly referred to, in the vernacular, as machine guns. I'll point out it's the same as calling high capacity magazines "hi cap mag's" if you're in the mood for exactness.

Screen Shot 2022-08-15 at 9.41.19 AM.png

23 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

" ... I know that automatic weapons are often mistakenly referred to, in the vernacular, as machine guns. I'll point out it's the same as calling high capacity magazines "hi cap mag's" if you're in the mood for exactness.

Screen Shot 2022-08-15 at 9.41.19 AM.png

This mis-naming comes from lazy people dropping the "semi" part of the term "semi automatic."

Most jurisdictions allow civilians to own semi-automatic pistols and long guns that only fire one bullet per trigger pull. In Britain, they are called "self-loading."

OTOH "fully-automatic" machineguns are prohibited from civilian ownership in most jurisdictions.

2 hours ago, riggerrob said:

This mis-naming comes from lazy people dropping the "semi" part of the term "semi automatic."

Most jurisdictions allow civilians to own semi-automatic pistols and long guns that only fire one bullet per trigger pull. In Britain, they are called "self-loading."

OTOH "fully-automatic" machineguns are prohibited from civilian ownership in most jurisdictions.

Yeah, the vernacular gets a bit odd, and the legal definitions are often at odds with the technical definitions.

For example, from a 'weapons' standpoint, a "machine gun" is a large, crew served weapon. Usually mounted on a bipod or tripod (or vehicle mounted), often placed in a prepared, well protected position (called a 'machine gun nest'). 

From a 'legal' standpoint, a 'machine gun' is any full-automatic weapon, one that fires more than one shot when the trigger is pulled.
From a 'weapons' standpoint, a machine gun, squad automatic weapon, battle rifle, assault rifle, sub-machine gun & machine pistol are all different.
But because they are capable of full auto fire, from a 'legal' standpoint, they are all considered 'machine guns'.

27 minutes ago, Slim King said:

With 83,183 posts I can only guess about the quality of your statements. So you'll have to remind me what part of the Constitution Trump called "Phony"..... Because that is news to me. Can you provide the proof? BTW .. I'm not a Republican nor have I ever been one.

One example at 1:38. 

31 minutes ago, Slim King said:

So you'll have to remind me what part of the Constitution Trump called "Phony"..... Because that is news to me. Can you provide the proof?

Sure.  Article I, Section 9, Paragraph 8: "No Title of Nobility shall be granted by the United States: And no Person holding any Office of Profit or Trust under them, shall, without the Consent of the Congress, accept of any present, Emolument, Office, or Title, of any kind whatever, from any King, Prince, or foreign State."

Trump, Oct 2019: "You people with this phony Emoluments Clause!"

So did you cut them out?  

8 hours ago, Slim King said:

With 83,183 posts I can only guess about the quality of your statements....

Well, keep guessing because he at least can see the horizon. Whereas your rabbit hole works completely.

8 hours ago, Slim King said:

.... .. I'm not a Republican nor have I ever been one.

Brent, we have all heard that claim before. You need to reciprocate likes with Slim like he has for you. Don't be selfish, after all two trump boosters that aren't GOP voters!. What are the chances?

1 hour ago, Slim King said:

I'm glad I live in Florida where several of my sons teachers in High School are armed!!!!! I hope it's enough. Some High Schools are adding rifles to the teachers defense too.

Hopefully they will never need to use them and no one is put at risk. Having bullets flying around is never good.

It's highly likely that a bad guy would simply go elsewhere if he knows there are armed folks inside.

21 minutes ago, billeisele said:

It's highly likely that a bad guy would simply go elsewhere if he knows there are armed folks inside.

I’m not so sure. School shooters don’t tend to have escape plans. They’re not intending to make it out alive. 

Right now they’re already getting into schools with armed guards and barricading themselves in classrooms. If they know the teachers are armed, they just know the teacher is the first guy to shoot when they get into that classroom. Nothing else really changes.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Slim King said:

I'm glad I live in Florida where several of my sons teachers in High School are armed!!!!! 

Indeed!  You will see more of this:

Jesse Randall Davidson wasn’t a stranger, some mysterious threat from the outside. He was a bearded, bespectacled, 53-year-old social studies teacher and the play-by-play announcer for the football games at Dalton High School in northwest Georgia.

But when the teacher brought a gun to school, barricaded himself in his classroom Wednesday and fired a single shot, students quickly recognized that this wasn’t just a sad local incident.

https://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-teacher-shooting-20180228-story.html

2 hours ago, billeisele said:

Hopefully they will never need to use them and no one is put at risk. Having bullets flying around is never good.

So, you think it's a good idea to arm teachers but hope the guns are never needed? I guess that's a nuanced view of sorts. On the topic, you previously claimed you've stated clearly many actions that should be taken to help resolve the gun problem in America and then stated several things. I found the points anything but clear or fleshed out and asked for specific clarity per point (post #1559). Are you able to give that clarity now on any or all of those points?

23 hours ago, billvon said:

Indeed!  You will see more of this:

Jesse Randall Davidson wasn’t a stranger, some mysterious threat from the outside. He was a bearded, bespectacled, 53-year-old social studies teacher and the play-by-play announcer for the football games at Dalton High School in northwest Georgia.

But when the teacher brought a gun to school, barricaded himself in his classroom Wednesday and fired a single shot, students quickly recognized that this wasn’t just a sad local incident.

https://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-teacher-shooting-20180228-story.html

Good use of the Junior ROTC.

6 hours ago, riggerrob said:

Good use of the Junior ROTC.

Answer there - arm the students so they can fight back.  The only thing that stops a well armed teacher is a well armed student.

Again there are no possible downsides to this, and anyone who disagrees is a pedophile who hates America.

9 hours ago, Slim King said:

Armed teachers could have prevented or inhibited virtually ALL of these slaughters... Prove me wrong.

Armed teachers will CAUSE slaughters.  

You can't pay someone as little as possible, regularly attack them for teaching math because it's "woke," make them responsible for paying for their own school supplies, undercut them at every opportunity - and then expect them to never crack.

In middle school I had a teacher who would regulalry scream at students and (in two cases hit) them.  He met one of them outside school once and got in a fight and broke his jaw - which finally got him arrested.  

You really want to give that guy a gun?

• Like 1