5 5
kallend

More sacrifices to the 2nd Amendment

Don't even know what to make of this one.

A 10 year old Florida girl shot and killed a woman who was arguing with her mom.  Will this be spun as a brave child protecting her mother from a murderous thug?  Will more people start carrying guns in case there's an armed 10 year old around?

https://www.cbs58.com/news/a-10-year-old-girl-was-arrested-after-police-say-she-fatally-shot-a-woman-arguing-with-her-mom

Hi folks,

Schrader is a lame-duck CongressCritter who failed to obtain the Demo nomination recently.*  I wonder why he even votes on anything at this point.  

Oregon’s Kurt Schrader votes against gun control bill passed by U.S. House - oregonlive.com

Jerry Baumchen

*  The first time this has happened in Oregon in 40 yrs.

32 minutes ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi folks,

Schrader is a lame-duck CongressCritter who failed to obtain the Demo nomination recently.*  I wonder why he even votes on anything at this point.  

Oregon’s Kurt Schrader votes against gun control bill passed by U.S. House - oregonlive.com

Jerry Baumchen

*  The first time this has happened in Oregon in 40 yrs.

Just more proof that Joe is right. Given the current state of the US gun debate. If republicans won't enact meaningful change now. It just ain't gonna happen. It also looks as if high gas prices and inflation are going to dictate who wins midterms.

Cheap gas for the 4x4 and more guns. POLITICO Playbook: How gas prices could crush Biden and the Democrats  Oh well, its only 45,000 Americans a year. Compared to covid it's trivial.

Brent is the winner here.

58 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

Just more proof that Joe is right. Given the current state of the US gun debate. If republicans won't enact meaningful change now. It just ain't gonna happen. It also looks as if high gas prices and inflation are going to dictate who wins midterms.

Cheap gas for the 4x4 and more guns. POLITICO Playbook: How gas prices could crush Biden and the Democrats  Oh well, its only 45,000 Americans a year. Compared to covid it's trivial.

Brent is the winner here.

Hi Phil,

Re:  high gas prices and inflation

Anyone who thinks the GOP can/will lower gas prices & reverse our current inflation is out of their minds.

Jerry Baumchen

52 minutes ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi Phil,

Re:  high gas prices and inflation

Anyone who thinks the GOP can/will lower gas prices & reverse our current inflation is out of their minds.

Jerry Baumchen

That's EXACTLY what all the Trumpettes think.

But, then again, anyone who supports Trump is out of their minds anyway.

After a short break, we have another:

https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/04/us/highland-park-illinois-shooting-july-4-parade/index.html

"Shooting at Fourth of July parade in Highland Park, Illinois, leaves at least 5 dead, 16 wounded, city says."

I think that is an underestimate.

Highland Park is a wealthy suburb - home to Ferris Bueller's friend Cameron.

9 minutes ago, normiss said:

What could be more American than a mass shooting/casualty event at a July 4th parade?

What an awful, awful, awful country this is.

The horrors of life here...mass disease, mass shootings, mass poverty...

Oh, come on. We have 24 different brands of frozen pizza in the grocery store cold case. Count your blessings.

58 minutes ago, normiss said:

What could be more American than a mass shooting/casualty event at a July 4th parade?

What an awful, awful, awful country this is.

The horrors of life here...mass disease, mass shootings, mass poverty...

No hellhole, but a place that's doubling down on doing the same thing, and expecting a different result.

Eventually enough people may figure out that there aren't, in fact, a bunch of super human prescient good guys with guns running around.

Wendy P.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

No hellhole, but a place that's doubling down on doing the same thing, and expecting a different result.

Eventually enough people may figure out that there aren't, in fact, a bunch of super human prescient good guys with guns running around.

Wendy P.

Hi Wendy,

Alas, I do think you & I will be long gone before this happens; if ever.

As Ken, says:  What an awful, awful, awful country this is.

We are truly leaving this country in worse shape than we found it.  Our grandchildren may despise us for that.

Jerry Baumchen

PS)  Hi Joe; I have a pizza on order for later today => so I'm OK.

(edited)

Police Cmdr. Chris O’Neill said that the suspect appeared to be 18 to 20 years old, white and wearing a blue T-shirt.  A "high powered rifle" has been recovered.

EDIT:  The gunman, who has been identified as 22-year-old Robert "Bobby" E Crimo III and whose location is currently unknown, was described by Highland Park police as a white man with a small build and "longer" black hair. He is wearing a white or blue T-shirt, according to Highland Park Police Cmdr. Chris O'Neill.

Edited by kallend

1 hour ago, kallend said:

EDIT:  The gunman, who has been identified as 22-year-old Robert "Bobby" E Crimo III and whose location is currently unknown, was described by Highland Park police as a white man with a small build and "longer" black hair. He is wearing a white or blue T-shirt, according to Highland Park Police Cmdr. Chris O'Neill.

And.....judging by the picture they circulated he may be a cartoon character.

2 hours ago, gowlerk said:

Ken doesn't think your nation is awful despite the current rough patch you are going through. I do think the 2nd amendment is awful.

Hi Ken,

I continue to agree with you.

We used to be satisfied with BBQ & fireworks on the 4th; now, it is gunfire to celebrate with.  Sad times for the USA.

Jerry Baumchen

Remember when we were all told how THOSE people in the Middle East were violent religious extremists and barbarians.

I have lived in Costa Rica for nearly five years now. Sometimes I feel that I left Syria or Iraq, for a peaceful nation, not the USA.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, wmw999 said:

Wendy P.

Armed speech trumps free speech in America. We have a near endless supply of mentally disturbed people screaming Look at me Mommy, Look at me Mommy, but with an AR-15 instead a toy flotation device. No way should we be allowing those weapons or open carry or the rest of it but I don't see it changing. No way should we be offering after the fact hopes and prayers instead of before the fact counseling and psychological support in our schools to help kids adjust to the world better as a primary matter. But I don't see that changing. What a disaster we have.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, grimmie said:

I have lived in Costa Rica for nearly five years now. Sometimes I feel that I left Syria or Iraq, for a peaceful nation, not the USA.

Where in Costa Rica?  We were there for most of January and February this year.

Moronic GOP Rep. Lauren Boebert (R-Colo.) tweeted a reference to a weekend shooting at a shopping mall in the Danish capital of Copenhagen that killed three people. For Denmark, which has strict gun laws, it was the first mass shooting since 2015, when two people were killed and five wounded in a shootout with police. “It’s time to admit that gun laws DO NOT stop mass shootings,”

So Denmark has had one mass shooting in 6 years.  USA has had some 250 in 6 months.

Who is more stupid, Boebert or the people who voted for her?