5 5
kallend

More sacrifices to the 2nd Amendment

(edited)

Hi folks,

And, add this one to the list:  Texas elementary school shooting leaves 14 children, 1 teacher dead, governor says - oregonlive.com

Jerry Baumchen

PS)  From this article, Gov. Abbott did not even offer thoughts & prayers.  What is wrong with that guy?

Edited by JerryBaumchen

50 minutes ago, JerryBaumchen said:

PS)  From this article, Gov. Abbott did not even offer thoughts & prayers. 

No, but he did bring up not knowing the immigration status of the suspect, couldn't hurt to plant a seed to maybe be used for political gains down the road.

48 minutes ago, JerryBaumchen said:

From this article, Gov. Abbott did not even offer thoughts & prayers.  What is wrong with that guy?

Indeed, when he was interviewed by Newsmax, he opined that getting MORE guns out there will help stop such shootings in the future.  Specifically he wants to arm all teachers and school administrators.  Only when every man, woman and child in Texas has a gun will Texans be safe.

18 minutes ago, billvon said:

Indeed, when he was interviewed by Newsmax, he opined that getting MORE guns out there will help stop such shootings in the future.  Specifically he wants to arm all teachers and school administrators.  Only when every man, woman and child in Texas has a gun will Texans be safe.

The stupid is strong in that one.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, wolfriverjoe said:

Why just the last couple of pages?

There's 51 pages of death and injury. 

Those are/were people who had families and friends. 

I understand that it 'hits home' harder when it's someone you actually know (I never met Billy in person, but you know what I mean).

You're right, it's not technically any more or less of a tragedy than any of the others - I never bother clicking the links so didn't even realise it was Billy until more people had commented and added context.

I guess it's just more the emotional whiplash of logging in here each day, seeing someone make the calm argument that a big part of their reasoning for having firearms (relatively recently) at home was for protection, then not even a week later using them against the people they were supposed to protect.

It's just so, so, SO dumb.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, billvon said:

The Texas AG said the same thing.

I can hardly wait to see how the gun apologists play this.

1 hour ago, billvon said:

Hi Bill,

Re:  he opined that getting MORE guns out there will help stop such shootings

I mean, what 3rd grader cannot handle a AR-15 easily?

I do know that my 3rd grader granddaughter cannot.

Fuck him.

Jerry Baumchen

• Like 1

(edited)
22 minutes ago, kallend said:

The Texas AG said the same thing.

I can hardly wait to see how the gun apologists play this.

We will soon find out.  The NRA is holding it's big annual meeting in Houston this Friday.  The keynote speaker is Donald Trump.  Texas' Governor Abbott and Ted Cruz will also speak.  I bet they open with a prayer for the victims of today's shooting.

Edited by NewGuy2005

(edited)
1 hour ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Of course it will. They will have no where to hide. The crossfire could be a bitch, but what the hell, you can't make an omelette without breaking some eggs.

Edited by gowlerk
  • Like 1

Do you think those brave children suffered much as they died? At least the two children our friend murdered got to live to be teens. They probably were shot while sleeping, at least we can hope that was the case. What a fucked up world and what a fucked up law the 2nd amendment to the US constitution is. Maybe we can all take consolation in the fact that several areas of the world are far worse for children right now. Seems like a fairly hollow feeling though.

1 hour ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi Bill,

I mean, what 3rd grader cannot handle a AR-15 easily?

I do know that my 3rd grader granddaughter cannot.

Fuck him.

Jerry Baumchen

Stop underestimating 3rd graders. You can buy her a JR-15 from WEE1 Tactical. https://wee1tactical.com/  For a little defense to compliment her new offensive capability you can pair it with a new bullet proof back to school backpack from Amendment II with their new Rynohide CNT insert. Check out their CEO firing a pistol into a child's colorful backpack to prove it works. Instead of being so negative, be grateful there are people who can control their gag reflex and are willing to spend sleepless, tormented nights to do the hard work of keeping children safe.

Screen Shot 2022-05-24 at 6.23.45 PM.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gowlerk said:

Do you think those brave children suffered much as they died? At least the two children our friend murdered got to live to be teens. They probably were shot while sleeping, at least we can hope that was the case. What a fucked up world and what a fucked up law the 2nd amendment to the US constitution is. Maybe we can all take consolation in the fact that several areas of the world are far worse for children right now. Seems like a fairly hollow feeling though.

Hi Ken,

I could not agree more.

Jerry Baumchen

21 people, including 19 children. 2 girls are missing. I wonder if he was trying to "go one better" than Newtown. Governor Greg Abbot's official statement was terse, and everything that was appropriate. And, of course, he says "never again."

Wendy P.

1 hour ago, wmw999 said:

21 people, including 19 children. 2 girls are missing. I wonder if he was trying to "go one better" than Newtown. Governor Greg Abbot's official statement was terse, and everything that was appropriate. And, of course, he says "never again."

Wendy P.

Its a sick competition.

"The F.B.I. released alarming data showing a rapidly escalating pattern of public shootings in the United States on Monday, one day before the massacre in Uvalde, Texas.

The bureau identified 61 “active shooter” attacks in 2021 that killed 103 people and injured 130 others. That was the highest annual total since 2017 when 143 people were killed, and hundreds more were wounded, numbers inflated by the sniper attack on the Las Vegas Strip in October of that year.

The 2021 total represented a 52 percent increase from the tally of such shootings in 2020, and a 97 percent increase from 2017, according to the F.B.I.’s Active Shooter Incidents in the United States in 2021 report.....

The F.B.I. report identified one particularly chilling trend among active shooters: Officials have noticed an increase in the number who moved from place to place in search of victims, a group the bureau refers to as “roving” shooters...From 1966 to 2019, 77 percent of mass shooters obtained the weapons they used in their crimes through legal purchases, "

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

The F.B.I. report identified one particularly chilling trend among active shooters: Officials have noticed an increase in the number who moved from place to place in search of victims, a group the bureau refers to as “roving” shooters...From 1966 to 2019, 77 percent of mass shooters obtained the weapons they used in their crimes through legal purchases, "

Yep.  In the year before Stephen Paddock shot and killed 60 people in Las Vegas, he purchased 55 guns, all legally.

This is not a problem caused by felons getting guns illegally.

18 hours ago, NewGuy2005 said:

We will soon find out.  The NRA is holding it's big annual meeting in Houston this Friday.  The keynote speaker is Donald Trump.  Texas' Governor Abbott and Ted Cruz will also speak.  I bet they open with a prayer for the victims of today's shooting.

Guns will not be allowed during Trump's speech at the NRA.....

https://www.npr.org/2022/05/25/1101181842/nra-trump-speech-guns-banned-houston?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

10 hours ago, kallend said:

WTF are we teaching our little children when they have to go through "active shooter drills" in pre-school and kindergarten?

Other wealthy nations don't have a need for this, and the reason is clear.

It's just appalling.

It's not just appalling, it's demoralizing. Kids. 7-10 year old kids celebrating their school year accomplishments killed while huddling in terror. I ask everyone here what that is worth to you.  What if giving up your AR-15's and Glocks and your only good for shooting trees guns for registration was enough to stop the massacre of school kids, would you do it?