5 5
kallend

More sacrifices to the 2nd Amendment

On 1/8/2022 at 9:54 AM, Coreece said:

Because all you really care about is repeating the same old 30-year old boilerplate bullshit about how all pro-lifers are misogynistic control freaks and how republicans hate children, and then pinning it all on christians, religion, evangelicals or whoever it is you're hating on that day.

Truth hurts, apparently, or you would go on and on and on and on and on . . . about it.

38 minutes ago, kallend said:
On 1/8/2022 at 10:54 AM, Coreece said:

Because all you really care about is repeating the same old 30-year old boilerplate bullshit about how all pro-lifers are misogynistic control freaks and how republicans hate children, and then pinning it all on christians, religion, evangelicals or whoever it is you're hating on that day.

Truth hurts, apparently, or you would go on and on and on and on and on . . . about it.

The truth is that abortion on the surface is naturally repulsive, but many people don't have the time, nor care to be bothered with 'educating' themselves to the point of being desensitized and condoning murder.

It's not the argument that God doesn't want us killing babies that's going to ban abortion, it's going to be the scientific arguments from secular atheists and the like that are going to ban abortion, and you don't care.  And saying that republicans hate children and want to control women does not refute those secular arguments.  In fact they are meaningless.

All you care about is destroying religion.

(edited)
11 minutes ago, olofscience said:
31 minutes ago, Coreece said:

it's going to be the scientific arguments from secular atheists and the like

please expand on this in a bit more detail. I'm a secular atheist and am not aware of the arguments you speak of.

That's because you're too busy bitching at religion.

https://secularprolife.org/religion/

https://secularprolife.org/abortion/

Edited by Coreece

(edited)
10 minutes ago, Coreece said:

I'd say they were in the minority. Do you think these 3 atheist women have remotely close to the amount of influence religion has in the US?

Edit: and looking at their arguments, "not being refuted" is BS as well, as I could easily argue against points 2,3 and 4 of their position.

Edited by olofscience

4 minutes ago, olofscience said:
13 minutes ago, Coreece said:

I'd say they were in the minority. Do you think these 3 atheist women have remotely close to the amount of influence religion has in the US?

So predictable.  The organization is bigger than just the 3 ATHEIST WOMEN that started it.  Besides, all it takes is just one good argument and one good lawyer to present it.

5 minutes ago, olofscience said:

Edit: and looking at their arguments, "not being refuted" is BS as well, as I could easily argue against points 2,3 and 4 of their position.

Guess what, like kallend said, non of my business, take it up with YOUR elk.

(edited)
51 minutes ago, Coreece said:

The truth is that abortion on the surface is naturally repulsive, but many people don't have the time, nor care to be bothered with 'educating' themselves to the point of being desensitized and condoning murder.

It's not the argument that God doesn't want us killing babies that's going to ban abortion, it's going to be the scientific arguments from secular atheists and the like that are going to ban abortion, and you don't care.  And saying that republicans hate children and want to control women does not refute those secular arguments.  In fact they are meaningless.

All you care about is destroying religion.

And on and on and on and on. . . . 

Edited by kallend

2 minutes ago, Coreece said:

So predictable.  The organization is bigger than just the 3 ATHEIST WOMEN that started it.  Besides, all it takes is just one good argument and one good lawyer to present it.

And yet you didn't predict it.

And yet the main supporters against Roe vs. Wade aren't atheist or secular.

"The single raindrop never feels responsible for the flood". Luckily for us, it's more like a shrinking puddle.

Just now, olofscience said:

And yet you didn't predict it.

Yes I did.  I knew you'd try to minimize any blame on atheists, and saying it's only 3 atheists would be the easiest way to do that.  I'm a professional game theory optimal poker player and get paid for understanding how people think.  My response was ready to post before you even replied.

And yet the main supporters against Roe vs. Wade aren't atheist or secular.

And yet they are powerless without the secular atheist arguments.

(edited)
9 minutes ago, olofscience said:

Worth the paper it was written on. Definitely.

I actually thought about deleting the link to the 3 atheists because I knew you'd try to minimize rather than actually address the content.  But I said skrew it because I already knew I had you if you decided to play that card.  

Edited by Coreece

The thing is, the abortion debate is about abortion, not about religion. I know Christians who are pro-choice, and I may know atheists who are anti-choice. The abortion debate is not about whether people need to get abortions, it's about whether an abortion can be chosen by a woman under circumstances that she, with the possible addition of her family and doctor, deem appropriate.

Wendy P.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Coreece said:

I knew you'd try to minimize rather than actually address the content

But when I said I could address the content, all you said was:

1 hour ago, Coreece said:

Guess what, like kallend said, non of my business, take it up with YOUR elk.

So why are you even here?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, olofscience said:
43 minutes ago, Coreece said:

I knew you'd try to minimize rather than actually address the content

But when I said I could address the content

You said you could address the content, but you didn't.

So why are you even here?

To push-back against anti-religious bigots.  I thought you guys were at least that perceptive.

7 minutes ago, Coreece said:

Why should I when you said it was none of your business? Jeez this is taking a while for an "optimal game theory player" who knows EXACTLY how I think...

8 minutes ago, Coreece said:

To push-back against anti-religious bigots.  I thought you guys were at least that perceptive.

Push back by raging incoherently? I doubt you've changed any minds here at all.

9 minutes ago, olofscience said:
20 minutes ago, Coreece said:

Why should I when you said it was none of your business?

Kallend said it was none of my business, besides it's the secular atheists putting together arguments that are going to ban abortion, not me.  Take it up with YOUR ilk, as Kallend likes to put it.

31 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

The thing is, the abortion debate is about abortion, not about religion.

I know, that's what I've been saying, but they keep going on about religion and refuse to recognize/address the secular atheists arguments that are being used to ban abortion.  Kill two birds with one stone and garner some votes in the process. . .

2 hours ago, Coreece said:

This is where your arrogance really shows. You assume that those who disagree with your position are just too lazy and/or stupid to have spent time thinking about it. Of course you also feel that if they only did they would see things your way. You could not be more wrong.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, gowlerk said:
2 hours ago, Coreece said:

This is where your arrogance really shows. You assume that those who disagree with your position are just too lazy and/or stupid to have spent time thinking about it.

That's not what I'm saying at all.  You actually have it backwards, lol.