5 5
kallend

More sacrifices to the 2nd Amendment

13 minutes ago, timski said:

You're a smart fellow, why do you think this is???  Simple, lawmakers are vested in the system. Am I wrong?  

Usually. Anytime a person needs 3 question marks to ask a question is a great tell. Yes, you are wrong. Not at the level of the surface but below. Our problem is that as a society is that we create criminals to incarcerate and that we give the incarcerators a profit motive. It is just that simple.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BIGUN said:

No Sir. But, the way we handle criminals is ridiculous. The number incarcerated for "soft" crimes is too high, the time for hard crimes is too short and the tansition from criminal to society is retarded. 

But that is just one man's opinion.

Particularly that third one

Wendy P. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

Big question for societies is if they want to see time in jail as punishment or as potential rehabilitation. Should we focus on misery or recidivism.

I think it says something about how strong we are as a society which we choose. The stronger we are, the more we want to re-integrate. 
Wendy P. 

4 hours ago, wmw999 said:

I think it says something about how strong we are as a society which we choose. The stronger we are, the more we want to re-integrate. 
Wendy P. 

I like french fried taters, mmmmmmhhhmm.  Love me some Sling blade! 

2 hours ago, kallend said:

Seems to be 3 dead and 4 injured altogether

"We're calling on all of our residents to take a stand against these hostile acts," Birmingham City Council President William Parker said in a statement. "We're going to continue to lift them up in our thoughts and prayers. 

That's it. Use your "take a stand shield" and your "thoughts and prayers" ammunition, Councilor!! Fuck me.   

3 hours ago, timski said:

"massive house parties and unauthorized concerts".  Ripe conditions, but hey what do I know? 

If I'm going to a house party; do I really need to wonder if I should strap up? Cause if I do - not the party for me.

5 minutes ago, BIGUN said:

If I'm going to a house party; do I really need to wonder if I should strap up? Cause if I do - not the party for me.

You never can tell when you might be get your chance to be the heroic "good guy with a gun".

6 hours ago, BIGUN said:

You don't have to wonder because if you are strapping on you are incapable of wondering. Either the NRA, Marjorie Taylor-Greene, Facebook or your Duck Dynasty buddies have already 'splained that it's no longer just a God Given right but now also a Constitutional right to pack some heat. So, Parteeee.....

32 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

You don't have to wonder because if you are strapping on you are incapable of wondering. Either the NRA, Marjorie Taylor-Greene, Facebook or your Duck Dynasty buddies have already 'splained that it's no longer just a God Given right but now also a Constitutional right to pack some heat. So, Parteeee.....

Hi Joe,

Don't leave out this Pistol Packing Patty:  Lauren Boebert - Wikipedia

Crazeeeeee!!!!!!!

Jerry Baumchen

(edited)
17 hours ago, BIGUN said:

You can only become the good guy with a gun if you carry it.
So, don't hesitate.;)

Edited by phantomII

On 5/24/2021 at 11:51 AM, gowlerk said:

You never can tell when you might be get your chance to be the heroic "good guy with a gun".

In order to believe the "good guy with a gun" trope it is necessary to indulge in some major statistical and intellectual contortions.  If it were true, you'd expect a lower homicides rate in states  with higher rates of legal (i.e. "good guy") gun ownership.  The opposite is true.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3828709/

https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/hicrc/firearms-research/guns-and-death/

https://www.ajpmonline.org/article/S0749-3797(19)30197-7/fulltext

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-41488081

https://www.nber.org/digest/feb01/fewer-guns-mean-fewer-gun-homicides

13 minutes ago, kallend said:

In order to believe the "good guy with a gun" trope it is necessary to indulge in some major statistical and intellectual contortions. 

It's also necessary to avoid the bad guy getting the drop on you. The more "good guys with guns" there are the more bad guys will shoot first. 

On 6/3/2021 at 4:09 AM, billeisele said:

Are you talking about the child care and mental health systems? 

Which nonexistent wrinkle are you shooting at this time? Are we now supposed to be up in arms over republican inspired underfunded child care and mental health systems. Are these the failures that allowed two disturbed kids the opportunity to break into a house and find several guns, including an AK-47 and bags of ammunition, just laying around for fun?  Mind you, this weapons arsenal, is where two young girls live with their father.

Try this: You've just been appointed King of America. You have one year to reduce by 1/2 the numbers of deaths indisputably linked to both mental health problems and gun proliferation but you can only work on one of the two. And it's super serious for South Carolina because if you fail they are going to cancel both Hannity and Judge Judy. Which do you choose?