5 5
kallend

More sacrifices to the 2nd Amendment

(edited)

spacer.png

25 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

Texans without opinions? More likely 6% just told the pollster to fuck off.

Either that or waiting for Ted Cruz and FOX to tell them what to think because they are republicans.

Meanwhile two "republicans" pictured above plot to arm America so they can redo January 6th. When midterms are stolen once again.

Edited by Phil1111

4 hours ago, Phil1111 said:

spacer.png

Either that or waiting for Ted Cruz and FOX to tell them what to think because they are republicans.

Meanwhile two "republicans" pictured above plot to arm America so they can redo January 6th. When midterms are stolen once again.

Ted was probably just there to visit his balls.

Three people are dead and another was injured during a shooting at a townhome Saturday morning in Woodlawn, MD,  just outside of Baltimore, authorities said.

Four people were injured in a shooting in Newark, New Jersey, on Sunday, according to a tweet from the police department.

Authorities in Milwaukee are investigating a shooting that injured four people on Saturday afternoon, a news release from the Milwaukee Police Department said.

Two people are dead and three others injured after a shooting in a park in Kinloch, Missouri, on Friday night, St. Louis County Police said in a news release.

5 hours ago, kallend said:

Three people are dead and another was injured during a shooting at a townhome Saturday morning in Woodlawn, MD,  just outside of Baltimore, authorities said.

Four people were injured in a shooting in Newark, New Jersey, on Sunday, according to a tweet from the police department.

Authorities in Milwaukee are investigating a shooting that injured four people on Saturday afternoon, a news release from the Milwaukee Police Department said.

Two people are dead and three others injured after a shooting in a park in Kinloch, Missouri, on Friday night, St. Louis County Police said in a news release.

Hi John,

That is this past weekend.  Here is the year to date:  Mass Shootings In 2021: 194 Shootings In 18 Weeks : NPR

Jerry Baumchen

3 minutes ago, JerryBaumchen said:

'Gun Violence,' not a site I would know about; nor, really care to visit.

Help me understand, Jerry. You posted a similar summary maps & this one is much more in-depth. If the objective is to amplify the problem; then why not use the most and accurate data?

18 hours ago, BIGUN said:

Help me understand, Jerry. You posted a similar summary maps & this one is much more in-depth. If the objective is to amplify the problem; then why not use the most and accurate data?

Hi Keith,

I did not know about your map; as simple as that.

Jerry Baumchen

(edited)
2 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

Damn interesting map. Apparently wherever there are people there are gun related deaths. Any other common denominators?

Clearly the NRA doesn't know about this information. They think guns save lives.

In other gun news "the N.R.A.’s spending. The organization has set aside $5 million for bankruptcy-related expenses thus far, and has paid its lead outside lawyer, William A. Brewer III, $72.6 million over three years"

"Bill Brewer promised to rescue the National Rifle Association from perilous legal straits, but he’s won only one of the 10 expensive suits he’s filed. Insiders say he’s inappropriately prioritizing the protection of chief executive Wayne LaPierre. ...Josh Powell, who served as LaPierre’s chief of staff, published a book in September called Inside the NRA: A Tell-All Account of Corruption, Greed and Paranoia Within the Most Powerful Political Group in America" in that book he said "and accusing the NRA of fueling “a toxic debate by appealing to the paranoia and darkest side of our members, in a way that has torn at the very fabric of America.”

Edited by Phil1111

1 hour ago, JoeWeber said:

Apparently wherever there are people there are gun related deaths. Any other common denominators?

One could overlay a map of those areas with the highest concentration of illicit drug use. 

12 minutes ago, billvon said:

I've heard that guns are somehow involved as well.

Quite possibly. I once started a paper intended to demonstrate that index fingers were the culprit but, and this is all on me, I lost track one day pointing at a glazed donut with double sprinkles at a Dunkin Donuts. I was falsified before breakfast. 

19 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

Quite possibly. I once started a paper intended to demonstrate that index fingers were the culprit but, and this is all on me, I lost track one day pointing at a glazed donut with double sprinkles at a Dunkin Donuts.

You know who else used their index finger?  Hitler, that's who!

On 3/31/2021 at 11:50 AM, billeisele said:

I've not seen this data, thanks. Unfortunately it raises more challenges.

Let's assume the data is true. Does it mean the bad guys practice more, carry more than one gun, switch to other weapons, etc? The first two solutions somewhat negate the smaller mag capacity. The idea that it causes one to pause and think may hold true in some cases. I'd like to get a psychological experts thought on that. Granted, a typical long gun is quite lethal at longer ranges but in most cases that is not what occurs in mass shootings, they are close range incidents.

So, why not use the common semi auto shotgun with 00 buckshot. Most hold five shells and some hold more. A shell has 9 - 12 pellets with an effective range of 40 - 60 yards. These type guns are more lethal than an AR when used by a typical shooter, less accurate aim is still effective.

And then the pistols. The majority of semi auto pistols have mag capacities greater than 10. I'm aware of one that holds 21 rounds, and that's a standard mag contained within the pistol grip (not an extended mag).

Four concerns/thoughts are that if mags greater than 10 rounds were banned, then what?

- How in the heck do they get them off the street? The bad guys will keep them.

- Is it just for scary looking rifles or does it include pistols?

- If the bad guys switch to shotguns then what?

- Where does it end?

I asked the question earlier - Are we focusing on the wrong thing? To me, it seems that the solution is not so much the inanimate object but the bad guys. Is there an effective way to manage access without causing other undue consequences? And at the same time making tweaks to the objects.

Take away the rights of criminals. Stop being nice to bad people. Just for starters...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, timski said:

Take away the rights of criminals. Stop being nice to bad people. Just for starters...

The United States has the highest prison and jail population (over 2,000,000 in adult facilities), and the highest incarceration rate in the world (655 per 100,000 population).

Are Americans really that much nastier than everyone else?

• Like 1

No Sir. But, the way we handle criminals is ridiculous. The number incarcerated for "soft" crimes is too high, the time for hard crimes is too short and the tansition from criminal to society is retarded. 

But that is just one man's opinion.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, BIGUN said:

No Sir. But, the way we handle criminals is ridiculous. The number incarcerated for "soft" crimes is too high, the time for hard crimes is too short and the tansition from criminal to society is retarded. 

But that is just one man's opinion.

Hi Keith,

More than just one man's opinion.

Jerry Baumchen

12 hours ago, kallend said:

The United States has the highest prison and jail population (over 2,000,000 in adult facilities), and the highest incarceration rate in the world (655 per 100,000 population).

It would be interesting to read an unbiased study on this issue. There are reasons for this and we can all speculate but it would be interesting to know.

14 hours ago, kallend said:

You're a smart fellow, why do you think this is???  Simple, lawmakers are vested in the system. Am I wrong?  

3 minutes ago, timski said:

You're a smart fellow, why do you think this is???  Simple, lawmakers are vested in the system. Am I wrong?  

1. The war on drugs.

2. Lawmakers and politicians getting "tough on crime".

The first place to examine is the rule of law. i.e. fairness in the justice system

The Netherlands now has just 61 prisoners per 100,000 people in the general population, ranking among the lowest in Europe. In comparison, the United States has more than 10 times that figure (655 per 100,000)