5 5
kallend

More sacrifices to the 2nd Amendment

7 hours ago, BIGUN said:

OK The one on the left is blonde and the one on the right is brunette. How'd I do?

This guy failed the test. You can have his, no waiting.

NEW YORK — The mother of an 18-year-old Ohio man caught with an AK-47 in a midtown Manhattan subway said her son wasn’t planning any violence — he just thought it would be okay to visit New York with an assault rifle in tow. “I BEG of the media to quit painting a bad picture of my son whom was misinformed of the gun laws in NY,” the mother of suspect Saadiq Teague messaged a Daily News reporter on Saturday. “He was visiting Times Square for the first time to see it in person. He was so excited and happy and had no other reasons for being in NY!” 

(edited)
1 hour ago, BIGUN said:

Now his father on the other hand  . . . :ohmygod:

No kidding. It's hard to believe the gun culture in Ohio is on the right track when an 18 year old, or his idiot parents, thinks going on vacation to Times Square and toting your AK-47 along is a fine idea. Does anyone need more evidence that we need a serious national law? 

Edited by JoeWeber
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

No kidding. It's hard to believe the gun culture in Ohio is on the right track when an 18 year old, or his idiot parents, thinks going on vacation to Times Square and toting your AK-47 along is a fine idea. Does anyone need more evidence that we need a serious national law? 

Why wouldn't it be okay? Don't all y'all have "rights"?

7 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

Not all of us y'all's. In Texas they are a Senate vote away from unpermitted open carry of side arms. Soon every Texan can play Texas Ranger. What a great idea.

Why wait for a vote in the State House? Just send a test case up to the new and improved SCOTUS. 

11 hours ago, BIGUN said:

I would vote for International Orange - ya gots to wear orange when you go hunting, right. If the argument is - hunting or even target shooting - what would be wrong with that. 

What is a guy going to feel like when he brings his bright orange gun to the range, when all the other guys have their dangerous looking black and camo pattern weapons?  Emasculated, that's how he's going to feel!  Effeminate even.  Which is just what you liberals want.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BIGUN said:

Which now turns out to be a former LEO Detective arrested last year of child sexual abuse. Sometimes, I wonder if I shouldn't re-think my position on the death penalty.

Hi Keith,

I think that all of us who are opposed to the death penalty occasionally have these feelings.  I know I do.

But, I have not changed my mind yet.

Jerry Baumchen

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BIGUN said:

Which now turns out to be a former LEO Detective arrested last year of child sexual abuse. Sometimes, I wonder if I shouldn't re-think my position on the death penalty.

I fully understand what you mean.

The problem I see with that line of thinking is that the thirst for vengance in those handful of cases shouldn't override the reality of wrongful convictions. And innocent people being put to death.

Reminder (I've noted this before): The Innocence Project exonerated more death row inmates in Illinois than were put to death between the resumption of executions in the late 70s and the current ban on them.

3 hours ago, wolfriverjoe said:

I fully understand what you mean.

The problem I see with that line of thinking is that the thirst for vengance in those handful of cases shouldn't override the reality of wrongful convictions. And innocent people being put to death.

You & Jerry are both right. There's just some things . .  ya know. 

22 minutes ago, BIGUN said:

You & Jerry are both right. There's just some things . .  ya know. 

The thing about the death penalty is that there are people who deserve it. But it is too much power to give to the government. For more than one reason.

38 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

The thing about the death penalty is that there are people who deserve it. But it is too much power to give to the government. For more than one reason.

I agree, in general.

In a competent justice system I can see the justification for capital punishment.  We do not have a competent justice system.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, billvon said:

I agree, in general.

In a competent justice system I can see the justification for capital punishment.  We do not have a competent justice system.

I volunteer to be the final adjudicator in all capital cases if that sets anyones mind at ease.

2 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

I volunteer to be the final adjudicator in all capital cases if that sets anyones mind at ease.

Ummm. No. You can't adjudicate while sipping Pina Coladas at Sharky's. Well, Zoom. I guess you could use Zoom. 

3 minutes ago, billeisele said:

Criminals don't follow the law.

image.png

Ohio? The state that sent the 18 year old kid to times square with an AK-47? Hmm. Was the shooters weapon an easily seen International Orange or Neon Green? And, for a bonus, is it maybe reasonable that a judge in a loosey goosey gun control state pack a little hidden heat? Should that allowance thus by necessity of fairness be extended to everyone?

(edited)
28 minutes ago, billeisele said:

Criminals don't follow the law.

I'm not sure why you cherry-picked one memey-looking thing from 2nd Amendment, but the end result is you've set yourself up as a target. Why not expand your point and provide some depth, rather than doing the fuckbooky thing of a single post. 

Why not go into the actual number of crimes prevented each year by CCW's - cause the news won't. Share the FBI Stats on CCW's lowering murder rates by 8.5% and rapes by 5%. Make this more of an intellectual discussion.  

I don't "think" anyone on here fully supports removing the 2nd Amendment  - they're just discussing ways of keeping criminals from having easy access to guns. Feel free to join the discussion - but, it can't be done with a one-liner and some fuckbook meme.   

Edited by BIGUN