1 1
Nataly

Looking for accommodation in Southampton!!!

Hiya peeps!

Well well well...  I am so freaking excited / nervous / scared-shitless...!  After 7 long months of feeling like a useless turd (!), finally something to be excited about ^_^:p  See attached screenshot - after a rigorous, and incredibly tedious (and also really awesome) vetting / re-training / selection process, I have be hired!

Oh, I haven't been spending my days sleeping / crying under the duvet (although some days it was tempting), but this past year has really tested my resilience, belief in myself, confidence in life, et cetera, et cetera.  I've seen so many ugly sides of myself literally (I'm thinking of pj's I have had to throw away they were so embarrassing) and figuratively, as I begged, pleaded, even seriously considered "alternative" employment in the form of prostitution - just to make ends meet (and don't get me wrong, I am not actually anti-prostitution between consenting adults, but seriously, I am 40...  I don't think my going rate would be worthwhile!!!  Hahahahaha!!!).

It really had me asking "who am I ???"  I dug really, really, REALLY deep.  I didn't like everything I saw, but hey ho, we are all flawed...

Aaaaaaaaanyway, in December, I heard the UK was training people to become Vaccinators.  I thought fuck it.  Fuck everything.  I want to step OUT of my ego and do something for OTHER PEOPLE.  It's not well paid.  It doesn't help me with my financial situation.  It's not in sunny south of France...  In so many ways it feels counter-intuitive to go straight into the eye of the storm, but these are once in a lifetime experiences (one hopes :mask:>.<) and I am available / free to do it.  I am a firm believer that you should put your money where your mouth is (ie: don't just talk about it...  Fucking DO IT.)

I'm so fucking sick of "whoring" myself out on LinkedIn.  Maybe this will be the stupidest thing in a long list of stupid things that I have done, but fuck it.  Just FUCK IT.

Ok...  Now that I have vented...  ;P:rofl::rofl:;P

The main point was this: Does anyone know people in Southampton, UK??  Looking for accommodation starting from early April!!

Screen Shot 2021-03-20 at 07.41.24.png

Congratulations! Been volunteering at the vaccination centre in Basingstoke a bit, just helping with outdoors patient flow and car parking.

Only about 20 miles north of Southampton and wish I could help but no spare room.

I can ask a female friend (police officer) who lives in Basingstoke, I know she had been talking about letting out her spare room.

5 hours ago, ryoder said:

Congratulations!

BTW There is a little company there in the UK called "Triumph"; They should be able to fix you up with a vehicle. ;-)

But then my current Triumph would get jealous of my new Triumph...  :rofl::rofl::rofl:

19 minutes ago, Nataly said:

But then my current Triumph would get jealous of my new Triumph...  :rofl::rofl::rofl:

It's already going to be upset when it learns you went to visit it's homeland, and didn't even let it come along. :-(