1 1
smartalecc5

Requesting Assistance on valuing used gear

Hi all, I was in the sport around 2012 and had my own rig but its been years since I've last used it and recently at skydive chicago and when I spoke with some of the staff, they said you either gotta jump it or sell it! So I'm selling it, but I've been out of the sport so long I have no idea what to list it at, I just want whatever is fair and to help get it back in the air jumping out of planes!

Its a Mirage G4, has about 45 jumps, with a Cypres AAD (not sure exact model number), an ICARUS safire 2 169 canopy, and a PD reserve - I believe 145 sq ft, used once (last jump, my packer did a poor job and reserve worked!).

I've attached some images. I've never sold a rig before, should I bring it in to a DZ to get an inspection before hand, or is that typically done at same time when the rig is delivered/handed off?

Thank you!

IMG_8881.jpg

IMG_8882.jpg

IMG_8883.jpg

IMG_8884.jpg

IMG_8880.jpg

IMG_8879.jpg

Edited by smartalecc5
edited # of jumps on rig. My AAF jumps were on DZ's gear.

(edited)

You need to tell us the date of manufacture of the reserve and main canopies, plus the AAD? Also jump numbers on the main?

I'm a very new licensed jumper, but considering I've been looking the used marked a lot lately because of that, I feel I could give a opinion.

Assuming the AAD was removed, or expired. if the canopies are from the 2009 era as the same as the rig, and have only 45 jumps on the main, just a few reserve repacks.  I'm kinda thinking 4000 or more.

Edited by outdoort

People will be wondering how the system was stored all those years and if damages are present

It would be best to get all the components inspected by a rigger then get his feeling on the value of the system and post the rigger inspection with your ad to prevent unnecessary questions.

• Like 2

I've sold several rigs and had them all inspected by ChutingStar.  They gave me a 2-3 page detailed inspection report and handled the money transfer.  I was very satisfied..Check with the used prices on this forum and you will get close to the value of your gear.