johnhking1

Daylight Savings

The way I see it, we are kinda getting screwed.  We turn our clocks ahead at 2 am Sunday.  If we turned them ahead at 2 am Saturday we would get an extra hour of daylight on Saturday also.

In the fall we turn them back at 2 am Sunday and loose an hour of daylight.  If we turned them back at 2 am Monday, we would get an extra hour of daylight on Sunday and an extra hour of sleep on Sunday night.

That is like 3 extra hours a year.

1 hour ago, johnhking1 said:

The way I see it, we are kinda getting screwed.  We turn our clocks ahead at 2 am Sunday.  If we turned them ahead at 2 am Saturday we would get an extra hour of daylight on Saturday also.

In the fall we turn them back at 2 am Sunday and loose an hour of daylight.  If we turned them back at 2 am Monday, we would get an extra hour of daylight on Sunday and an extra hour of sleep on Sunday night.

That is like 3 extra hours a year.

Yeah, and I hear that's why climate change is happening - an extra hour of sun for half the year!  I mean of COURSE that's why it's getting warmer.  Duh.

2 hours ago, billvon said:

Yeah, and I hear that's why climate change is happening - an extra hour of sun for half the year!  I mean of COURSE that's why it's getting warmer.  Duh.

I never thought of that.  Good thing we don't have daylight savings year round, it would really get hot.

20 hours ago, johnhking1 said:

I never thought of that.  Good thing we don't have daylight savings year round, it would really get hot.

Don't worry; they are going to take Feb 1-7 out of the winter and move it to the summer right after July.  That will cool things down as much as we want.

Oh no -- they'll be getting a welcome blast of cold right when they need it most, in the middle of the summer! It'll just suck those years it comes on Carnaval. People will have to wear fleece over their skimpy costumes.

(and yes, I did check "optimist" in the poll)

Wendy P.