virgin-burner

What the FUCK has happened to LisaH!?

It was on Facebook; she passed away about a year ago, after a fairly long period of declining health. She'd abused her body with addiction earlier in life (and was up front about it), and it just gave out basically.

Wendy P.

• Like 1

Yeah, I remember. That's very sad.

She's sent me a skydiving smurf couple years back, just seen a pic of one just like it today, and wanted to get back in touch. Then found her in memorian thing on here. Thanks for letting me know.

Rest in Peace Lisa. You were one of the good ones!

And thanks Wendy for caring to reply..

(edited)

Hey VB, been a while.

As Wendy noted, "Ms Moo" has left the building. Very sad. There's a thread in the "Blue Skies" forum.

I woulda replied to ya if I'd seen it sooner.
But it only took Wendy about 15 minutes to spot and respond. 

Edit to add: The new format isn't all that bad. You get used to it. The worst part about it is that ALL the old pictures are gone. The "Name That Rack" thread is barren. Damned shame.

Edited by wolfriverjoe
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, virgin-burner said:

Yeah, I remember. That's very sad.

She's sent me a skydiving smurf couple years back, just seen a pic of one just like it today, and wanted to get back in touch. 

Time to post a picture of the smurf

On 3/7/2021 at 11:50 PM, wmw999 said:

It was on Facebook; she passed away about a year ago, after a fairly long period of declining health. She'd abused her body with addiction earlier in life (and was up front about it), and it just gave out basically.

Wendy P.

Oh man, that's so sad.  And also sad to have lost touch so badly.  Back in the days she used to send me fun stickers and confetti in the post. 

May she RIP :`(

Lisa was the sweetest loving of people and a bright spot at the Elsinore dropzone. At the time of her passing she was waiting for a liver transplant and had actually passed and completed all of her necessary tests as a transplant candidate. She is the second dear friend to leave us while waiting for a transplant, the other one being Mike Gerwig. Probably many more that our members knew by name. All the more reason to be an organ donor, so that others may live when we pass away.

Damn I've been away too long. Losing friend might be the reason I've been away so long... I know it was the reason I quit jumping. 

When we're in the game the saying is: "At least I died doing something I loved." 

That is such a selfish way to think. You never stop to think about the hurt, pain and damage you leave behind when you leave this world dying from something that was so easily avoided. 

Ok off my soap box, I miss the sky. But, it would just decimate my friends and family if I were to have an accident. I know my wife and 10 year old son would never forgive me.