2 2
Zoso

In search of pic - damaged fuselage from premature deployment

For Safety Day I'm looking for a well known picture.  It is of damage to a fuselage that resulted when a jumper had a premature deployment in the plane.  The canopy exited the plane and took the jumper with it.  The jumper died and the fuselage looked like a huge can opener had opened it up.  If anybody can help me out I would appreciate it.  I've googled up a storm and failed to find the exact pic I'm thinking of.

Edited by Zoso

Binary93 – That is not it, but I can definitely use it. Thank you. The damage I recall was even worse than in the picture you posted.

Gowlerk – That is not it either, but thank you for posting it. Even if I don't obtain the pic I'm thinking of, these 2 pics will get the message across.

These pics are eye openers for those not aware of what can happen. The pic I'm remembering is even more shocking. I seem to remember maybe 5 feet of ripped fuselage.

7 hours ago, Zoso said:

For Safety Day I'm looking for a well known picture.  It is of damage to a fuselage that resulted when a jumper had a premature deployment in the plane.  The canopy exited the plane and took the jumper with it.  The jumper died and the fuselage looked like a huge can opener had opened it up.  If anybody can help me out I would appreciate it.  I've googled up a storm and failed to find the exact pic I'm thinking of.

OK:

King Air Tandem Tailstrike.jpg

King Air Tandem Tailstrike Jumper on Tail.jpg

On 3/7/2021 at 3:34 AM, michaelmullins said:

OK:

King Air Tandem Tailstrike.jpg

King Air Tandem Tailstrike Jumper on Tail.jpg

I been around almost 30 years but never seen or heard of this one before!!!

Vow what a crazy situation and a miracle that everyone walked away form this one!

@Micheal Mullins, thank you for posting this with the Pictures!

Years and years ago this happened to my Jump master (Frank) when I was doing a hop and pop in Bristol WI. We used to do poised exits straight out of the door. He used a T10 and a belly reserve, same as students did. Airplane suddenly shifts a bit causing me to lean back some. Next thing I know I am halfway down to the peas and I see another canopy and I was supposed to be the only one jumping.

Turns out when I was thrown backward a bit I must have set off his reserve yanking him out after me. Thankfully he only fractured a bone in his leg and I do not recall any damage to the airplane.