airdvr

Cuomo

58 minutes ago, airdvr said:

How is he not absolutely cancelled?

Failed at a very hard job trying his best? Not guilty? He get's a pass like, well, just throw a dart at the Republican roster for a name. We gave you Al Franken for free now go spin on it?

Naw, he did try to do an impossible job, but diddling the numbers is completely uncool. Data honesty and transparency are how others learn from impossible situations. 
I’ll wait to hear more about harassment; that’s also uncool, but there are two sides. 
Wendy P. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wmw999 said:

Naw, he did try to do an impossible job, but diddling the numbers is completely uncool. Data honesty and transparency are how others learn from impossible situations. 
I’ll wait to hear more about harassment; that’s also uncool, but there are two sides. 
Wendy P. 

To be fair, I am not being fair. Maybe he was using alternative numbers or just channeling his inner DeSantis. Maybe he's just bad at math and still uses his old HP Calculator. Of course, if he was using his office and power to be a lecher that is mas no bueno but I need to hear a lot more before I'm ready to start tying a noose. For certain, no Trump apologists should yet be opening up their hypocritical pie holes to say a damn word.

The guy deserves to have the harassment allegations vetted. One of them seems fairly weak but that's based on what I heard from the media and there's no trust that they are providing full or unbiased info. The sooner an investigation is started and finished the better.

The COVID death stuff, to me, is much worse. That's being investigated by the FBI. Hopefully that investigation will be complete and unbiased. We'll see.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, billeisele said:

The guy deserves to have the harassment allegations vetted. One of them seems fairly weak but that's based on what I heard from the media and there's no trust that they are providing full or unbiased info. The sooner an investigation is started and finished the better.

The COVID death stuff, to me, is much worse. That's being investigated by the FBI. Hopefully that investigation will be complete and unbiased. We'll see.

Absolutely. The investigation should be complete and unbiased with unity, too. The last 4 years need to end now. No more partisan politics, right?

9 hours ago, wmw999 said:

Wendy P. 

As usual, Wendy expresses my thoughts exactly.

STOP READING MY MIND! It’s creepy. :rofl:

On 3/6/2021 at 6:49 PM, JoeWeber said:

The last 4 years need to end now. No more partisan politics, right?

Joe - The mess going on today started a long time ago. It would be nice if there were some folks that could start to tone down the rhetoric, walk back the nastiness and start representing all Americans.

28 minutes ago, billeisele said:

Joe - The mess going on today started a long time ago. It would be nice if there were some folks that could start to tone down the rhetoric, walk back the nastiness and start representing all Americans.

That works for both sides. We've had too long of "my way or the high way," and at least from where I sit, there has been more negotiation and give on the part of the Democrats than the Republicans, if you look at the last 12 years. Before then, not so much (although still nothing like the 80's when people actually talked to each other). But with all of the major talk media saying "whatever he says is what you don't want," that's not going to change any time soon.

Right now there are wolf hunts going on around the west, using all kinds of means that hunters traditionally are against (from the air, at night, etc). Why? Because the liberals are for conservation, and they not only want to protect their herds, but they want to thumb their noses at the conservation effort. Frankly, that sucks.

Wendy P.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, billeisele said:

Thanks Bill,

Please direct my attention to the numerous times you made the same assertion during the previous 4 years. 

Joe

i hope the bastard stays right the hell where he is for a few more years.  i just read about the two republican gubernatorial candidates who want his seat to pardon trump.  that can not be allowed to happen, no matter who did or said what.  there will be time to reckon with the consequences after that fiasco has passed. 

5 hours ago, sfzombie13 said:

i hope the bastard stays right the hell where he is for a few more years.  i just read about the two republican gubernatorial candidates who want his seat to pardon trump.  that can not be allowed to happen, no matter who did or said what.  there will be time to reckon with the consequences after that fiasco has passed. 

I think this is much more what is playing in the background. Trump needs a GOP governor in New York.

6 hours ago, wmw999 said:

That works for both sides. We've had too long of "my way or the high way," and at least from where I sit, there has been more negotiation and give on the part of the Democrats than the Republicans, if you look at the last 12 years. Before then, not so much (although still nothing like the 80's when people actually talked to each other). But with all of the major talk media saying "whatever he says is what you don't want," that's not going to change any time soon.

Right now there are wolf hunts going on around the west, using all kinds of means that hunters traditionally are against (from the air, at night, etc). Why? Because the liberals are for conservation, and they not only want to protect their herds, but they want to thumb their noses at the conservation effort. Frankly, that sucks.

Wendy P.

Hi Wendy,

Re:  if you look at the last 12 years

I think one needs to go farther back.  IMO it all started when Newt Gingrich became Speaker of the House.

Jerry Baumchen

19 minutes ago, JerryBaumchen said:

I think one needs to go farther back.  IMO it all started when Newt Gingrich became Speaker of the House.

I agree completely; but it's just intensified over the last twelve years, and is easier to see.

Wendy P.

26 minutes ago, JerryBaumchen said:

it started when nixon went to china.  greed opened them all up after that, but the reagan years and newt were the formative years of what we have now. 

1 hour ago, wmw999 said:

I agree completely; but it's just intensified over the last twelve years, and is easier to see.

Wendy P.

Hi Wendy,

Re:  it's just intensified over the last twelve years

I do believe that you are referring to when a black man moved into the White House.

Jerry Baumchen

1 hour ago, sfzombie13 said:

it started when nixon went to china.  greed opened them all up after that, but the reagan years and newt were the formative years of what we have now. 

President Regan started the republican narrative that the "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."

spacer.png

But I'd agree Gingrich doubled the narrative and trump squared those messages.

i had a guy explain it to me very clearly once, not too long ago over a beer.  he said that when the cia was running their illegal ops in the vietnam area, they saw how profitable it would be to have access to the labor in china, so they started looking into how to get in.  that was what prompted nixon to go to china, and opened it up.  it took them years of plotting to get to be able to effectively manage things, and then the decade of excess started in '80.  everything was in such an excess then, nobody has looked back since.  until the bubbles bust every now and then.  it's just so damned profitable until then it's worth it.  like having insurance.  now i don't know any of this is true, but it just makes so much sense and matches some of what i do know that isn't common knowledge. 

Seven accusers, that's troubling. But...some of the accusations seem to be fairly thin. To have someone say, "it made me feel uncomfortable", hmmm. it could be quite difficult to know where the threshold is to "make someone uncomfortable." What a mess we have going on. 

Plenty of folks piling on saying he should resign. 16 of 19 House Democrats in New York's delegation are in the group, along with Adam Schiff. Knowing what Schiff has done it must be difficult to bear being judged by him.