missbrz

broken neptune 2

I just pulled my neptune 2 out of my gear bag to pack for my trip this weekend & found it broken:(:(:([:/]B|:|
It looks like the screen cracked some how in my bag & there are big black splotches on the screen too. It's bad enough that now I'm sans altimeter for my trip, so i have to rent, borrow or buy one. but I'm also a bad skydiver in that I dont log often or well. :S So now I dont know exactly how many jumps I have or my free fall time. Does anybody know if its possible to somehow get the information out of it? & I can't just ask my DZ for a print out b/c I jump at so many DZ's too [:/]B| I can guess to within a jump or two, but I'd rather get the info back if I can.

so lesson to everyone out there. LOG!

Use the NMU software to download your logs and then send the unit in for service at Alti-2.

Alti-2's service is great.

You can find out how to transfer the logs in the NMU manual found here http://forum.altimaster.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=34 on pages 32-33

You need to fill in an RMA to get your Neptune serviced you can get one here:
http://forum.altimaster.com/content.php?155-RMA-Repairs

Once you have Neptune fixed and returned to you, you can upload all your old logs per the manual on page 33

If you need help doing this you can get help here:
http://forum.altimaster.com/forumdisplay.php?23-Altimaster-Field-Support
"Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me" Dorothy

Use the NMU software to download your logs and then send the unit in for service at Alti-2.

Alti-2's service is great.

You can find out how to transfer the logs in the NMU manual found here http://forum.altimaster.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=34 on pages 32-33

You need to fill in an RMA to get your Neptune serviced you can get one here:
http://forum.altimaster.com/content.php?155-RMA-Repairs

Once you have Neptune fixed and returned to you, you can upload all your old logs per the manual on page 33

If you need help doing this you can get help here:
http://forum.altimaster.com/forumdisplay.php?23-Altimaster-Field-Support

^^that

unfortunately, alti-2 wont replace or fix your neptune 2 anymore, but you will get an N3 for a greatly reduced price. that unit is much sturdier, runs on an accu and can be charged using your computer with a USB-cable or via a power-plug..
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

unfortunately, alti-2 wont replace or fix your neptune 2 anymore, but you will get an N3 for a greatly reduced price. that unit is much sturdier, runs on an accu and can be charged using your computer with a USB-cable or via a power-plug..

Since when? I just sent my N2 in for the same thing and got it back, good as new.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Since when? I just sent my N2 in for the same thing and got it back, good as new.

uhm, that's some time ago (maybe a year or so) i got an email saying that!? maybe they changed their policy again..

sorry for that.
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

Hi All,

Alti-2 will absolutely fix your broken Neptune 2, you may be referring to the trade up offer we have for the N3, but if you send us in a Neptune 2 and just want it fixed, we'll happily do just that!

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks,

Matt Henning
Marketing Manager
Alti-2

100mph

Hi All,

Alti-2 will absolutely fix your broken Neptune 2, you may be referring to the trade up offer we have for the N3, but if you send us in a Neptune 2 and just want it fixed, we'll happily do just that!

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks,

Matt Henning
Marketing Manager
Alti-2

Hi Matt,
My name is Daniel Alonso.
I am a French instructor.
I am sorry to tell you that Alti-2 customer service and after-sell is one of the worst service I know in my life.

Years ago, I broke my screen of my Neptune 2 that I pay with a special discount Instructor offer from Alti-2 (it was a special one shoot program). I send it to the factory for replace the broken screen.
When it was repair, the factory sent it to me through a worst US Postal (no guaranties and no Tracking #). Of course, they lost my packet and the factory clean there hands telling me that they was not responsible of the carrier (of course they was responsible to choose a better one).

Because I was happy to the Neptune functionalities, I bought a 2nd hand N2.

This summer, again and again, the screen broken. I ask to repair it but the cost was more than a 2nd hand Viso2 from Larsen & Brusgaard.
The representative in Europe, who was very smart, offer me another solution. She offer me a switch from my broken N2 to a new N3 at the price more expensive of a new Viso2 from Larsen & Brusgaard.

I am sorry to tell you that but your customer service is totally out of the reality.
Larsen & Brusgaard customer Service is one of the best I know in skydiving and parachute industry. If you get a problem with their products, you send it to them and they send you a new one (with no discussions at all !!!!).

I jump from 1983. I have thousands of jumps and I never see a worst customer service that Alti-2 have at the day.

For sure and for ever, I never will buy an Alti-2 product again in my life!
Some of my student, when they come to me to be advised of an altimeter, I tell them: "Never buy Alti-2 and buy a Larsen & Brusgaard product. They are the best customer service and after sale in the industry!"
...to infinity and beyond !!!!!

I've had nothing but exceptional service.
Replaced an 8 year old Neptune with no questions.
My N3 is perfect.
Excellent communication and follow-up with perfect customer service.

All you have to do is call and/or email.

They're a fine company. B|

normiss

//...
All you have to do is call and/or email.

They're a fine company. B|

I do it!!!!
I do it xxxx times.

I wrote, call and try to find a solution. I asked why the send the N2 with a chip US Postal, why there is no tracking, why their insurance don't take on charge my problem (because, for sure I was not guilty), etc

But nothing... the big f... black out!
Maybe they think I was not honest and I was lier... maybe...

And, sorry to say that, you said "They're a fine company". Why ? This is not measurable.
Maybe because... it's a US company?!?

Resurrecting a thread from September 2011 . . . now THAT'S what I call reminiscing! ;)

Matt has not worked at Alti-2 in quite some time. As luck would have it, his former position is currently vacant, and I am reviewing a list of qualified candidates to fill it.

Barbara handles sport repairs; Carol handles military repairs. I am the General Manager and oversee all aspects of customer service, including repairs, technical questions and (in your case) customer feedback.

It sounds like you no longer own an Alti-2 instrument . . . if you still do, and you need customer support, feel free to contact us: [email protected] or (386) 943-9333. We have staff available 7:30 AM to 6:00 PM Monday through Thursday (closed on Friday).

Regardless, I value your feedback, and I am happy you found a solution to your skydiving equipment requirements - even if it's not ours. Making the next load and surrounding yourself with blue sky and sunshine is what it's all about anyway. May you always arrive safely.

Regards,

Alti-2, Inc. Staff

Here is my Neptune 2 story: I was on a 4 way jump last Summer. We were doing pretty well, scoring a lot of points. I looked at my wrist to check altitude and my altimeter was gone! Popped right out of the plastic case. Grrrr... Back on the ground one of the guys on the dive said he went for a grip on that arm and saw it pop right out. Other guy on dive said it popped out at about 9 or 10,000 feet. They all are telling me there is NO WAY I will ever find it. Who knows where it is, give it up, it is gone... Much larger things have been dropped and never seen again. I borrowed another altimeter for the day, went home and just as I was about to go to sleep got a message that someone from a nearby town had brought it to the dropzone. They had found it on the edge of a park and knew it was skydiving related. Wow!! It has a big dent in it but besides that works just fine!! I now use the Neptune in my helmet as an audible and have a Viso on my wrist with a much sturdier case so that doesn't happen again!!

mirage62

Maybe a French company is just more to your favor?

Ohhhh the famous American proud... very nice!

But what about the real world ?
mirage62 you are talking about "a French company", isn't it?
Ask to Basik Air Concept what they are thinking about Alti-2 after sell service.
http://www.basik.fr/index.php

For me and for ever Alti-2 is finish.
And for that post too.
You don't have enough open mind to see an unhappy customer thinking that he could find a solution with his N2.
Now I know... directly to garbage can!

Oooooh the famous French proud.... Very nice. I just wriote what you wrote - relax big guy.

Perhaps they did not achieve, to your standards good customer service, several here have reported vey good customer service.

Now keep buying from someone else and TELL everyone that there service sucks but don't get all pantie twisted when someone else calls you out with a different view - especially when you act all snarky.
Kevin Keenan is my hero, a double FUP, he does so much with so little

Hi cruisey88,

Your Neptune2 repair was completed right after the turn of the new year, and you were notified by email on January 7th.

It has been ready to go since then pending payment (shipping only).

You were also informed of our Neptune2 to N3 trade-in credit, which is still available.

Your previous emails were replied to with questions that remain unanswered. Your most recent email (this past weekend) was brought to my attention this morning before I saw your post.

Bottom line: your Neptune2 is ready to ship pending payment; if there is another option that is more to your liking, contact me directly: [email protected]
Alti-2, Inc. Staff