1 1
Lafemme2

Dog Tandem Harness

Just putting this out there, but hopefully it will yield some results. I've been looking to get a dog tandem harness and they seem to be very far and few in between. Only items I could find were for military use only and wouldn't sell the harnesses to private companies. Perhaps someone here knows where one could be acquired or made? The dogs in question are German Shepherds so they require a rather big harness. TIA.

(edited)

Yeah, if you decide on modifying the rig yourself I would recommend talking to a professional about it (if you are not one yourself), or if you are inclined to perform some DIY rigging, at least doing way more research than the person who did the modification in the picture above. 

I would for start look into military tandem systems, NAA makes some that are (probably) legal to jump in the USA, but I don't know if they will sell them to civilians. If that fails (or if legal to jump in the USA is not a requirement for you), you can find expired Strong tandems relatively cheap and use those, or alternatively, there are some non TSOd manufacturers in Russia / Eastern Europe who will happily sell you a military (or regular) tandem for not that much money (although some are of dubious quality), and equally happily sew you any kind of "passenger" harness you ask for. 

Edited by Kenzdik96

Yes, they are available everywhere. But, I don't think they are available with many choices on Amazon. They might be available in physical stores with massive choices. As, I told earlier, when I was looking for my Pitbull, I hardly saw 4-5 options. You need a strong tandem especially when you are looking for a highly energetic and aggressive dog like Pitbull and German Shephard. In such case, you become short of choices.

11 hours ago, Stephenkn said:

You need a strong tandem especially when you are looking for a highly energetic and aggressive dog like Pitbull and German Shephard.

Yeah, when doing tandems with these kind of dogs, only a Strong rig will do. Sigmas, Racers, Eclipses, even the old Vectors, none of these will do.

Dude, how did you even find this place?