1 1
wolfriverjoe

CPAC Stage looks like a Nazi Rune

There was a thread a while back that evolved into a discussion about how the Trump campaign had adopted a logo that was very similar to a Nazi symbol.

That thread is now locked.
https://www.dropzone.com/forums/topic/268840-trump-must-go/page/12/

Page 12, post 295 is where the logo showed up.

At the CPAC conference, the stage has a rather peculiar layout.

Wow. What an amazing coincidence that it's happened again.

1 hour ago, tonyhays said:

Between the nazi symbol, Jr. And Kimberly's coked up performances, and an actual golden idol of Trump, CPAC has become quite the spectacle.  Can't wait to hear what nonsense spews out of Trump when he speaks.

Screenshot_20210228-035744_Google.jpg

Trump in shorts and sandals......ewwwwww..

8 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

Trump in shorts and sandals......ewwwwww..

Oh, but that's "relatively buff Trump." An image created to reflect the desires of the people viewing, not an accurate picture of what's being represented.

The best part is the artist apparently said it's definitely museum quality, and he really hopes it's selected for the Trump museum.

Right next to the comic books, VHS tapes of The Apprentice, and used McDonald's bags with the image of a cheeto magically represented in the grease stain.

Wendy P.

5 hours ago, tonyhays said:

Between the nazi symbol, Jr. And Kimberly's coked up performances, and an actual golden idol of Trump, CPAC has become quite the spectacle.  Can't wait to hear what nonsense spews out of Trump when he speaks.

Screenshot_20210228-035744_Google.jpg

You didn't mention the best part: Where it was made.

"When Mexico send their statues, they're not sending their best..."

Golden Trump statue turning heads at CPAC was made in … Mexico

4 hours ago, wmw999 said:

Oh, but that's "relatively buff Trump." An image created to reflect the desires of the people viewing, not an accurate picture of what's being represented.

The best part is the artist apparently said it's definitely museum quality, and he really hopes it's selected for the Trump museum.

Right next to the comic books, VHS tapes of The Apprentice, and used McDonald's bags with the image of a cheeto magically represented in the grease stain.

Wendy P.

You forgot the full size reproduction of the jail cell were he spent the final years of his life.

s

9 minutes ago, BIGUN said:

And, the hippies of the 60's and 70's were really a cult of Nazi infiltrators. Dumbest thread on here EVER!!

back in the early '60s, i would agree.  now, no way in hell that was an accident.  think about it.  they came up with the whitespace in the fedex logo forming an arrow.  nothing is left to the imagination in the day of subliminal messaging and influence.  we are bombarded with propaganda from the time we open our eyes until the time we close them, and even then it doesn't stop if you listen to a radio or leave the tv on like some do. 

no, i'm sure you're right, the guy that incited an insurrection (if you have any doubts, all he had to do was say the election wasn't stolen at any point even now), and whipped up white supremacists (look at the former cpac keynote) just happened to have a stage made of the symbol a major white supremacist group (forgot the name) changed their logo to from the swastika in 2016.  yeah, that sounds exactly like what happened.

4 minutes ago, sfzombie13 said:

just happened to have a stage made of the symbol a major white supremacist group (forgot the name) changed their logo to from the swastika in 2016.  yeah, that sounds exactly like what happened.

OMG.... Please, please please, Step away from the Twitter trough.  

Oh, I've seen way dumber threads:rofl:

The peace sign was actually built from two semaphore signs; yeah, they didn't pay attention to the panzer division insignia first. From Britannica. I agree that the CPAC sign was probably not designed as a Nazi dog whistle (well, unless Stephen Miller designed it -- I'm afraid I'm not very open-minded when it comes to him).

The modern peace sign was designed by Gerald Holtom for the British Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament in 1958. The vertical line in the center represents the flag semaphore signal for the letter D, and the downward lines on either side represent the semaphore signal for the letter N. “N” and “D”, for nuclear disarmament, enclosed in a circle.

Wendy P.

• Like 1

So Trump calls Nazis & KKK 'very fine people'.

He has people like Stephen Miller & Steve Bannon in his inner circle.

His "America First" campaign has a logo very close to the Nazi eagle.

BTW - "America First" was made popular by the KKK. They didn't originate it, but they used it a lot.

He calls on the Proud Boys to "Step back and stand by".

His lies about election fraud are a huge factor in the insurrection attempt.

Now, the CPAC stage has a very close resemblance to another Nazi symbol.
And Trump's little pet Josh Hawley calls for a "new nationalism".

Coincidence?

• Like 1

I think someone picked it on purpose, but I don't agree that everyone involved necessarily was in on it, i.e. not everyone involved in CPAC is a WS, but there are absolutely people at CPAC who are WS.

It's no different to when Laura Ingraham did her nazi-salute at the 2016 RNC. Is she actually a nazi? No idea. But she absolutely chose to signal to those who are.

Even if it was a troll, she made a choice of what group to align with. This stage design is in the same vein. It's also an incredibly shitty design choice if it wasn't done on purpose, lending weight to it being a dog-whistle.

1 hour ago, mistercwood said:

... It's also an incredibly shitty design choice if it wasn't done on purpose, lending weight to it being a dog-whistle.

^This.

For this sort of thing, there are (or should be) people who's primary job is to look at these things to see if there are any 'mistaken impressions' that will be generated.

They've done this too many times for me to believe it's 'just a coincidence'.

1 hour ago, wolfriverjoe said:

For this sort of thing, there are (or should be) people who's primary job is to look at these things to see if there are any 'mistaken impressions' that will be generated.

I meant more in the sense that it's an OHS nightmare with completely unnecessary avenues for people to take a tumble, and clunky sightlines. But also yes.

32 minutes ago, Zoe Phin said:

People here are blind. Look closely at the back of the stage.

Trump and Republicans have nothing in common with the Nazis.

White Supremacists disagree.

=================

Hail Trump: White nationalists mark Trump win with Nazi salute

In the US, video has emerged of far right activists celebrating Donald Trump’s victory with what appear to be Nazi salutes.

It happened at a conference in Washington of the alt-right – a radical group that has dramatically risen in prominence in the last year.

=================

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-us-canada-38057104

Can you find the same people in the video praising Trump a little later into his presidency? 

Can you not find bigger crowds of Blacks and Hispanics for Trump?

I can tell you every Korean and Vietnamese business in my area is pro Trump. Every single one.

I don't even know how you get from White Nationalism to NAZIs. 

What race was the biggest victim of the Nazis? WHITE

14 hours ago, wmw999 said:

The modern peace sign was designed by Gerald Holtom for the British Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament in 1958. The vertical line in the center represents the flag semaphore signal for the letter D, and the downward lines on either side represent the semaphore signal for the letter N. “N” and “D”, for nuclear disarmament, enclosed in a circle.

Sure it was. That's what they want you to believe. :rofl:;)