1 1
brenthutch

The world goes Green

6 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

Wow, settle down guys.  How about something with which we can all agree?

OK. Like I said, some of the best scientific minds on the planet in this room. Maybe time to listen to some of these folks instead of arguing. You brought a lamb to slaughter.

4 minutes ago, Zoe Phin said:

Did you read the abstract of that paper?

Abstract— Laser-assisted machining uses primarily laser
power to heat the local area before the material is removed.

2000C refers to the laser's target, not the laser itself. Where did you learn to read?

7 minutes ago, BIGUN said:

OK. Like I said, some of the best scientific minds on the planet in this room. Maybe time to listen to some of these folks instead of arguing. You brought a lamb to slaughter.

Nah, he's busy counting how many views his thread has.

Wendy P.

• Like 2

olof,

By your logic, we can't tell the temperature of the solar photosphere from what we receive on Earth. Maybe the sun is colder than the target? lmao

Nay, what the lasered target receives is what was sent. The laser is the beam. The mystery you can try solving is "what is operating temperature"?

1 minute ago, Zoe Phin said:

olof,

By your logic, we can't tell the temperature of the solar photosphere from what we receive on Earth. Maybe the sun is colder than the target? lmao

Nay, what the lasered target receives is what was sent. The laser is the beam. The mystery you can try solving is "what is operating temperature"?

What logic? Please quote me, I haven't been making any points (just been focused on demolishing yours)

Have you ever heard of laser cooling? How does that fit into this framework of yours?

23 minutes ago, BIGUN said:

There shouldn’t be an argument, the planet is greener.  It just pisses off the “great minds” that they were wrong about the catastrophic impact greater CO2 levels would have.

Prediction: fewer polar bears

Observation: more polar bears

Prediction: deserts would expand 

Observation: deserts are shrinking 

Prediction: increase in famine, food shortage

Observation: record food production 

Prediction: more floods, droughts, hurricanes and wildfires 

Observation: no statistically significant change in floods, droughts, hurricanes and wildfires 

I could go on but you get the idea

Edited by brenthutch

4 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

There shouldn’t be an argument, the planet is greener.  It just pisses off the “great minds” that they were wrong

<hangs head> Brother, I loves ya, but you are THE MOST stubborn SOB I've ever met. 

Thanks BIGUN, but I perfectly understand the type of people that switch to discussing lasers when their crackpot greenhouse gas physics fails. I also know the type to chime in and claim "my tribe won", regardless if they lost ... lost so badly they need to talk about exotic laser concepts.

Olof, the guy that can't convert fluxes to temperature, but is sure 200C "must" be the result.

How ignorant can you be to not know that Outgoing Longwave Radiation has been increasing for 70 years and therefore the GH effect theory is trash.

image.png.1cf11461443fe9ad0c81ca2b400349c0.png

I knew when I clicked "start at first new post" and saw this, I was in for a hell of a treat... :`D

PS guys I don't think she's a troll or a grifter at this point - I think she's a genuine true believer in the theories she's made up and you have as much hope as reasoning with her as you would with a flat-earther. Good luck!

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Zoe Phin said:

Olof, the guy that can't convert fluxes to temperature

I'll take that as a compliment.

17 minutes ago, Zoe Phin said:

but is sure 200C "must" be the result.

now you're making shit up again. If I said this, it should be easy to find a quote.

18 minutes ago, Zoe Phin said:

the type of people that switch to discussing lasers

Nice try. You're the one who keeps changing the topic and running away from answering my simple questions.

52 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

I could go on but you get the idea

No, they never will.

Global greening used to be free.

These people convinced themselves that they should pay money to oligarchs via oil/gas/gasoline bills for the privilege.

Then they want subsidies for "green" energy that makes nothing green.

Edited by Zoe Phin

22 minutes ago, Zoe Phin said:

No, they never will.

Global greening used to be free.

These people convinced themselves that they should pay money to oligarchs via oil/gas/gasoline bills for the privilege.

Then they want subsidies for "green" energy that makes nothing green.

They are just pissed that Mother Nature usurped  the concept of “going green” and kicked their little theory in the balls

1 minute ago, brenthutch said:

They are just pissed that Mother Nature usurped  the concept of “going green” and kicked their little theory in the balls

She believes Venus came from Jupiter in 1500 BCE :rofl: evidence? Myths and legends :rofl::rofl:

I have to say though, thanks for bringing her in. Your points were getting really dull.

7 minutes ago, olofscience said:

No.

After all your attempted jargon at the beginning, name-dropping random scientists, all the vocabulary you can muster now is "cold heating warm"? :rofl:

Isn’t that what you said about the record cold gripping the Northern Hemisphere?

Oh no, that would be “warm heating cold”:rofl:

I don't believe Velikovsky's origin theory. I believe that Venus didn't originate in the solar system at all. I don't know when it came here.

In Velikovsky's time, Venus was thought to be ~20C. He was the closest to the real deal.

You would've guessed wrong too, because the guess was based on size and mass (and solar proximity).

Edited by Zoe Phin

3 minutes ago, olofscience said:

Okay, if I said that it would be easy to find my post right? You're making stuff up :rofl: I'll wait.

I should have said “you guys” as in the global warmists.  It was a favorite around this forum and was routinely used to explain cold snaps and large snowstorms.  Now that that “theory” has been conclusively debunked, it has the climate alarmists angrily grasping for a new explanation. It will interesting to see if the current five year pause in global temperatures persists this year, even as the rise in CO2 continues unabated.

5 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

I should have said “you guys” as in the global warmists.  It was a favorite around this forum and was routinely used to explain cold snaps and large snowstorms.  Now that that “theory” has been conclusively debunked, it has the climate alarmists angrily grasping for a new explanation. It will interesting to see if the current five year pause in global temperatures persists this year, even as the rise in CO2 continues unabated.

:rofl: busted! You were making stuff up.

Could you at least make it entertaining, like how Venus comes from Jupiter or outside the solar system because of ancient legends? There could be a Hollywood film in that at least...

Edited by olofscience