1 1
gowlerk

Bizzare crime in Hollywood

1 hour ago, gowlerk said:

Armed robber shoots dog walker and steals Lady Gaga pets. Seriously.

https://us.cnn.com/2021/02/25/entertainment/lady-gaga-dogs-stolen/index.html

CNN)Lady Gaga's dog walker was shot and her two French bulldogs, Koji and Gustav, were stolen Wednesday night in Hollywood, a source close to the singer tells CNN.

The source said the singer "is offering half-a-million dollars to anyone who has her two dogs, no questions asked. Anyone who has the dogs can use this email, [email protected] to retrieve the reward."

Fuck the dog walker, I guess.

13 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

CNN)Lady Gaga's dog walker was shot and her two French bulldogs, Koji and Gustav, were stolen Wednesday night in Hollywood, a source close to the singer tells CNN.

The source said the singer "is offering half-a-million dollars to anyone who has her two dogs, no questions asked. Anyone who has the dogs can use this email, [email protected] to retrieve the reward."

Fuck the dog walker, I guess.

Brent will be along shortly to say. "He should have armed himself if he wants to walk Gaga's dogs"

8 minutes ago, ryoder said:

Lady Gaga’s dogs recovered safely after theft, shooting

Hard to believe the woman returning them had no involvement.

I'm pretty sure the arrest of the shooter will follow. I'm pretty disgusted about the fuss over the dogs in general and the lack of attention to the fact that someone was nearly killed. $500K reward for return of the dogs should have been 500K for catching the shooter. I don't think very much of people who over value their relationship with livestock that much. Your "furbaby" is an animal, not a person.

26 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

$500K reward for return of the dogs should have been 500K for catching the shooter. I don't think very much of people who over value their relationship with livestock that much. Your "furbaby" is an animal, not a person.

Brother, the depth of people's love for their pets is astounding. You might want to take into account that for the Lady Gaga's of the world; it's the only relationship they can trust. 

1 minute ago, BIGUN said:

Brother, the depth of people's love for their pets is astounding. You might want to take into account that for the Lady Gaga's of the world; it's the only relationship they can trust. 

Pet industry expenditure in the United States from 1994 to 2020. $100 billion in the US per year. Value of dog walkers.... no results found.

1 minute ago, Phil1111 said:

Value of dog walkers.

I'm not arguing Ken's point. Just sharing an observation.

And, your numbers are correct. It astounds me. People will not hesitate to spend 3K at the vet's office to save "furball," but won't take their kids to the Orthodontist. 

1 minute ago, BIGUN said:

I'm not arguing Ken's point. Just sharing an observation.

And, your numbers are correct. It astounds me. People will not hesitate to spend 3K at the vet's office to save "furball," but won't take their kids to the Orthodontist. 

I'm not either. This story is newsworthy because of what happened to the dog-walker not because the pets were stolen. Pets are no different from all the other inanimate things people spend money on. Prime examples artwork that hangs on the wall whose attraction fades within months. Divorces can involve tens of thousands of dollars in legal bills fighting over pets. Face it pets don't talk back, lie, etc.

12 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

Prime examples artwork that hangs on the wall whose attraction fades within months. Divorces can involve tens of thousands of dollars in legal bills fighting over pets.

Yep, the older I get, the more I realize that our priorities are getting all fugg'd up. 

49 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

... Pets are no different from all the other inanimate things people spend money on... ... Divorces can involve tens of thousands of dollars in legal bills fighting over pets. Face it pets don't talk back, lie, etc.

Pets are not 'inanimate objects'. 

They are living beings.

We can argue back and forth about their emotions and whether or not they love their owners, but they are NOT 'things'.

There's a reason dogs have been called 'man's best friend' for a long time. 

OTOH, a dog or a cat is not a 'child'. I never expected my dog to grow up, go to college, get his own life, ect. I also would never have sent a 5 year old out the door into the back yard to take a dump.

9 minutes ago, billvon said:

To be fair, Germanotta posted this shortly afterwards: "I continue to love you Ryan Fischer, you risked your life to fight for our family. You’re forever a hero."

So first she goes Gaga over her dogs to the tune of a no questions asked (including who shot the dog walker, presumably) half million and then after social push back she finds a moment for a mention of her doggy doo-doo dude? Not too impressive, to be fair.

Edited by JoeWeber

1 hour ago, wolfriverjoe said:

They are living beings.

We can argue back and forth about their emotions and whether or not they love their owners, but they are NOT 'things'.

OTOH, a dog or a cat is not a 'child'. I never expected my dog to grow up, go to college, get his own life, ect. I also would never have sent a 5 year old out the door into the back yard to take a dump.

"Pets are no different from all the other inanimate things people spend money on. Prime examples artwork that hangs on the wall whose attraction fades within months."

My point is people have animate and inanimate spending as they choose.  For some there is "Like you, we love our pets and care about their health. That’s why we created The Farmer’s Dog — a service that delivers balanced, freshly made pet food with simple recipes, guided by science, and driven by love."

Obviously pets require food, veterinary care, exercise, stimulation, attention, etc. etc. Biggun has his iron horse that can be parked for years if necessary. Horses require vets, bedding, hay, etc. They also require regular riding of they start to develop ban habits.

Edited by Phil1111

8 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

Pets are no different from all the other inanimate things people spend money on. Prime examples artwork that hangs on the wall whose attraction fades within months.

You should look up the meaning of inanimate. Animals are animate practically by definition. I agree with what you are trying to say.

1 hour ago, wolfriverjoe said:

They are living beings.

Of course they are things. You can anthropomorphize dogs, cats or your pet ferret but it will never change what they are, which is a tool, food or a pet. 

4 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

Of course they are things. You can anthropomorphize dogs, cats or your pet ferret but it will never change what they are, which is a tool, food or a pet. 

People have real relationships with their pets, I get that. But they often seem to be substituting that relationship for human relationships that they need but do not seem to be able to have. Loving your pet more than your neighbour is borderline acceptable. Valuing the life of your pet above the life of your neighbour is unacceptable.

Edited by gowlerk

Just now, gowlerk said:

You should look up the meaning of inanimate. Animals are animate practically by definition. I agree with what you are trying to say.

I'll restate my thoughts that may not be clear. People spend money. They can spend it on animate beings like horses, dogs, cats, etc. Or they can spend it on motorcycles, cars, art, fancy wine, etc. Its their money to spend the way they like. I spent $450 earlier this month to have my cat's teeth cleaned. The most I've ever paid to have my own teeth cleaned is $150.

I think the Farmer's Dog is an example of excess. Given my cat is about five and never had its teeth cleaned and my vet stated it should be done. I handed over the MC.

1 minute ago, gowlerk said:

Ya, I like cats. There is a reason I don't own one. Putting a cat under a GA for dental hygiene? I guess vets have bills to pay too......

Neighbors are into horses in all directions from my property. Large animal vets are very expensive because the vet has to travel. $1000-1500 a year is not unusual. They need bedding,  figure a 1/2 bale per horse per day($1) for five months. They need food a couple lbs of grain a day and 1/4 bale alfalfa Generally $125 a month. Many of these horses don't see a rider in the course of a whole year.

I tried leaving out floss for the cat. So far nothing. When you adopt a stray thats what you get.

• Like 1

On 2/27/2021 at 7:50 AM, BIGUN said:

Yep, the older I get, the more I realize that our priorities are getting all fugg'd up. 

I understand spending on pets a bit more than spending $6.6 million on a 10 second video clip that was bought for $67,000 a few months ago.

(edited)
1 hour ago, SkyDekker said:

I understand spending on pets a bit more than spending $6.6 million on a 10 second video clip that was bought for $67,000 a few months ago.

How about $92.2 million US for a image of a guy with his clothes on backwards:

spacer.png

Or $558,000 for a bottle of wine which is almost guaranteed to have spoiled(73 years old).

spacer.png

Edited by Phil1111