Bob_Church

You know you're an older jumper when...

......... OH, it had a "throw out on the legstrap" with a sh1tload of Velcro. Damn, that 145 eliptical was the smallest state of the art canopy back then. LOL

........................................................................................

You know you are old when choosing your first rig involved a Pappillon or Strato-Star. The Pap' came with a 3-pin ripcord and a belly-mounted reserve.
The (180 square foot) Strato-Star came in a piggyback container with the pilot-chute mounted on the belly-band.

Your second rig stowed its pilot-chute on the front of the leg strap. It still contained a round reserve but updated the main canopy to a (230 square foot) Strato-Cloud because that was the canopy that was bringing medals home from the world meet.

Your third rig stowed its pilot-chute on the back of the leg strap and contained a square reserve. The main was a (220 square foot) Cruislite because that was the height of fashion back in the day.

Your fourth rig had a BOC and a Sabre 1-170.

Coaches and instructors routinely use a term (wing-loading) that you first wrote in a magazine (CANPARA) article more than 30 years ago.

potatoman

You have a couple of frapps lying around in your gear storage.

Your rig expired, but you bought it new, but you will never sell it, and yes, it is always packed and ready. Just in case. OH, it had a "throw out on the legstrap" with a sh1tload of Velcro. Damn, that 145 eliptical was the smallest state of the art canopy back then. LOL

What front risers? I hook it in......toggle style.

Crap, at least three of my rigs still have the velcro for the leg strap through out. That was my 4th main deployment system.
I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE

When you still have any one of these:

1. Wind drift indicator.
2. MA-1 pilot chute.
3. Cotton canopy sleeve.
4. Altimeter stopwatch belly panel.
5. Balloon suit.

When you know what any one of these is:

1. Cardinal Puff.
2. Capewell.
3. One shot.
4. B12.
5. McElfish.
6. Sentinel.
7. Pucker vent.
8. T-Bow.
9. Navy Conical.

Please add to these lists in your replies.

Last Hope Rope, and cone lock to go with it.
Ripcord stop
Pack opening band
Double bridle
Para-alert
Swivel cone
Crown lines.
L&R Line release

I have a McElfish catalog (know where it is) and an invoice somewhere. And a mount with two Para-alerts(one for eaxh ear) as well as my own bought new and two new old stock sets of L&R releases ond one set of NOS R-3 releases I plan on installing.on capewells next year to jump.
I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE

Tapewells
Extended B4
Stevens Cutaway System
Chute Shack
Western Parachute Supply
Altitude Shop
Mister Douglas
Diaper
KAP 3
Twill
Sled
Barish
Snyder
Acid Mesh
TriConical
Sailwing
2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

Joe Smith Parachute Sales and Service
OSI on the Delta II
Cross Bow piggy back
Top Secret
Unit
Unit II
UnitIII
If I had the time I could come up with dozens of useless facts about the old days. I'm 54 and have been around the sport for 50 years. What a waste of brain cells remembering all this stuff. I might have made something of myself if I wasn't such an AIR head.

We have a match!

Altitude Shop and Top Secret.

Vallejo CA. Rock climbing and skydiving gear and a rigging lift in a downtown retail store. Unique.

Miss the old days, but not the canopies. Soooo much better now.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

center pull
2 shots
Bungee eyelets
para boots
spider pilot chute
2 piece brand x jumpsuit
3 hole reserve mod
cut down B-4 (by Midwest Parachute)
loli pop reserve handle
shortlined pc with grabber
double tri-con rig for low ones (Jay B)
T-bow canopy
rings and ropes

And many more.........I love it.

jimjumper

When, not only do you know what a Paralert is, the local gear store sends you the new kid that bought one off of e-bay to show him how to set it!

. :D that should have been a short class. The hardest part of setting a paralert was making sure you always had a coin in your pocket
i have on occasion been accused of pulling low . My response. Naw I wasn't low I'm just such a big guy I look closer than I really am .

riggerrob

Anti-wind Blast handle.
Yanta Escape System
Irvin Hieght-Finder
Streamline
Bullet
Excalibur
West wind
EZ-Flyer
Six-Pack
Ropes and Rings
Paradactyl
Sleeve
Short sleeve
Parachute Opening Device
Direct bag
5-cell reserves

Pack opening bands.
Power handle.
California SL system.
Kicker plate.
Volplane.
My computer beat me at chess, It was no match for me at kickboxing....

A few weeks ago you were out to dinner with several of the staff from the dz. you mentioned the passing of Scotty Carbone. And your the only damn one at the table who knows who the hell he was:(

i have on occasion been accused of pulling low . My response. Naw I wasn't low I'm just such a big guy I look closer than I really am .

BigMark

At the time I couldn't believe the Conatser's ...... new Skyvan ........ sketchy seatbelts. .....

............................................................................................

One expects the Conatsers to understand seatbelts more than most.

Er ....... maybe their Skyvan arrived without belts and they needed a few weeks to install new belts.

You know that you are an old skydiver when ....... the first time you discussed seat-belts - with Transport Canada - you told them that they were 16 years behind the times. ..... and the next time you see TC, you will tell them that they are ignoring bloody lessons learned by Americans a quarter century ago!