airdvr

Climate envoy

1 hour ago, airdvr said:

Are you guys serious?

"We look forward to the anti-carbon lectures from a guy who travels the globe on private jets and luxury yachts," read a New York Post editorial on Monday.

https://nypost.com/2020/11/23/biden-climate-envoy-john-kerry-is-a-lifelong-joke/

Are any of us serious? How many jumps have you made from aircraft that didn't burn fossil fuels? 

1 hour ago, airdvr said:

Are you guys serious?

"We look forward to the anti-carbon lectures from a guy who travels the globe on private jets and luxury yachts," read a New York Post editorial on Monday.

https://nypost.com/2020/11/23/biden-climate-envoy-john-kerry-is-a-lifelong-joke/

That entire editorial is a series of right wing self serving b.s. statements

Its John Kerry's fault that the Iran-US-Russia-EU deal was negotiated the way it was? Are you fucking kidding. "singlehandedly responsible for massive amounts of terrible emissions"

To initiate a thread based upon such a horseshit story is something that belongs in a kiddie cartoon story. Are you trying to impress the newest member of SC and make him your new bosom buddy?

2 hours ago, airdvr said:

Are you guys serious?

Dude, four years ago you elected someone who you thought would turn the economy around whose strongest skill was declaring bankruptcy and fleecing his creditors.  And then were surprised when he mismanaged a pandemic and the economy cratered.

It's the American way.

10 minutes ago, billvon said:

Dude, four years ago you elected someone who you thought would turn the economy around whose strongest skill was declaring bankruptcy and fleecing his creditors.  And then were surprised when he mismanaged a pandemic and the economy cratered.

It's the American way.

The economy WAS recovering, until Biden killed thousands of jobs in his first few weeks. Last jobs report showed a hundred thousand more jobs lost then economists predicted. 

Edited by brenthutch

12 hours ago, Phil1111 said:

That entire editorial is a series of right wing self serving b.s. statements

Its John Kerry's fault that the Iran-US-Russia-EU deal was negotiated the way it was? Are you fucking kidding. "singlehandedly responsible for massive amounts of terrible emissions"

To initiate a thread based upon such a horseshit story is something that belongs in a kiddie cartoon story. Are you trying to impress the newest member of SC and make him your new bosom buddy?

Not trying to impress anyone.  Just pointing out the obvious.  If you're going to talk the talk...

2 minutes ago, airdvr said:

Not trying to impress anyone.  Just pointing out the obvious.  If you're going to talk the talk...

Why not pick something real, fact based, with meat on the bones of the issue? Gov. Andrew Cuomo appears to have covered up covid nursing home deaths. Yet its as if the right has to wait for FOX to tell them how to think before they can utter opinions.Usually always wrong.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Phil1111 said:

Why not pick something real, fact based, with meat on the bones of the issue? Gov. Andrew Cuomo appears to have covered up covid nursing home deaths. Yet its as if the right has to wait for FOX to tell them how to think before they can utter opinions.Usually always wrong.

Well I'm not surprised that you don't have at least a sliver of a problem with it.  This administration will be Obama 3.0.

Obama's administration wasn't real bad for hypocrisy. Yeah, they focused on racial issues in ways that pissed off a whole lot of people who were used to things, which put race at the forefront for them (as it's been for virtually every single minority in the US their entire life). No, it wasn't perfect, but in general they tried to hire people who respected the positions they were in, and the functions they were serving.

Trump had some good hires, and people gave him credit for some of those (no, of course not every single person -- but that's human nature).

The thing is that one's choice of media focuses on what they think will sell -- Fox won't talk about the people who thought Mattis was a good choice, or that China needs to be dealt with (maybe not exactly that way, but in some way), or even that Tillerson was an OK choice at the very least. Because, well, Fox viewers paid more to hear about how much everyone was dumping on Trump, so they could be pissed off about it and involved. It's how we do things now.

Stupid, huh?

Works both ways.

Wendy P.

25 minutes ago, airdvr said:

I don't watch any MSM.  I get my news from Google and on here.

It’s not just watching; it’s what you click on. And Google raises the profile of the kinds of stories that you click on, creating your own little comfortable space. Google is in the business of selling advertising, and the currency is your clicks. So if you regularly click on stories about the good of the Trump administration, or the bad of Obama, that’s what you’ll see more choice in, regardless of what the count is overall. 
After all, you don’t go to stores that sell stuff you’re not interested in — and that’s what Google, Amazon, and any other company with analytics is selling you. 
Wendy P. 

1 minute ago, wmw999 said:

It’s not just watching; it’s what you click on. And Google raises the profile of the kinds of stories that you click on, creating your own little comfortable space. Google is in the business of selling advertising, and the currency is your clicks. So if you regularly click on stories about the good of the Trump administration, or the bad of Obama, that’s what you’ll see more choice in, regardless of what the count is overall. 
After all, you don’t go to stores that sell stuff you’re not interested in — and that’s what Google, Amazon, and any other company with analytics is selling you. 
Wendy P. 

That's one way of looking at it.  I scroll until I see something that interests me.  I guess that's MSM then.  Doesn't explain why they think I might be even remotely interested in Demi Lovato and her brain damage.

13 minutes ago, airdvr said:

That's one way of looking at it.  I scroll until I see something that interests me.  I guess that's MSM then.  Doesn't explain why they think I might be even remotely interested in Demi Lovato and her brain damage.

you should listen to this then, transcript if you like reading.  you'll find out just how well they manipulate you.  it's easy as hell to do and almost as easy to spot, when you know what to look for.  the guy jon actually works for me sometimes.  you're being played.

I understand how I'm being manipulated...how everyone is.  That's why I value the insight I get here.  BTW...if you continue to block posters you don't agree with on DZ.com you'll end up in the same place the MSM puts you.

Still unsure why most of you have no problem with Herr Kerry as the climate boss.  Not even a little.

32 minutes ago, airdvr said:

Doesn't explain why they think I might be even remotely interested in Demi Lovato and her brain damage.

They are just throwing stuff at the wall to see what sticks sometimes.

3 minutes ago, airdvr said:

BTW...if you continue to block posters you don't agree with on DZ.com you'll end up in the same place the MSM puts you.

I don't block anyone for having a different opinion. I don't block you or Ron for instance. I block people who I judge to be only here to have fun trolling and making others angry.

45 minutes ago, airdvr said:

That's one way of looking at it.  I scroll until I see something that interests me. 

And the algorithm learns with time.  And pretty soon almost all the stuff is stuff that interests you (and that will maintain your news bubble.)

i've been on this forum for quite some time, about 2001, and have blocked exactly one person.  not bad for 20 years.  i don't care if you listen or read it or not, but you may learn something, like how it is legal now for the government to be part of this propaganda effort on it's own citizens.  it will also teach you how to recognize when you are being manipulated, which is the most important part.  you do you though.  not my rock.

1 hour ago, sfzombie13 said:

you should listen to this then, transcript if you like reading.  you'll find out just how well they manipulate you.  it's easy as hell to do and almost as easy to spot, when you know what to look for.  the guy jon actually works for me sometimes.  you're being played.

Its ok we all at SC know already how google and Facebook manipulate him.