2 2
Phil1111

Republicans in Texas

1 hour ago, kallend said:

I wonder how eliminating the mask mandate and 100% opening up will work out for Texas.

I was planning to attend the JOS event at Spaceland, but now I'm not so sure.

Probably safer to stick to hunting bears in your local forest.

(edited)
1 hour ago, kallend said:

I wonder how eliminating the mask mandate and 100% opening up will work out for Texas.

I was planning to attend the JOS event at Spaceland, but now I'm not so sure.

You're vaccinated and will be safe. Even if you are exposed you will not get sick. I'm not sure if that makes it right or not. TX is being an asshole though, that's for sure.

Edited by gowlerk

4 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

You're vaccinated and will be safe. Even if you are exposed you will not get sick. I'm not sure if that makes it right or not. TX is being an asshole though, that's for sure.

You know that no COVID-19 vaccine to date has shown efficacy > 95%, right?

5 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

Not particularly concerned about myself.  More concerned about being seen to support arseholes.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, kallend said:

Yesterday afternoon I was in one of our manufacturing facilities and I heard a cheer arise from the floor.  It was the announcement that "we don't have to wear these fucking masks anymore"  

I'm a tad bit worried

26 minutes ago, lippy said:

It was the announcement that "we don't have to wear these fucking masks anymore"  

And, of course, no one is taking into account the decline "might" have something to do with the recent polar vortex event keeping people isolated.  

13 hours ago, lippy said:

Yesterday afternoon I was in one of our manufacturing facilities and I heard a cheer arise from the floor.  It was the announcement that "we don't have to wear these fucking masks anymore"  

I'm a tad bit worried

Please tell me this isn't the first time a bunch of brain dead, selfish, assholes have negatively affected your charmed life. No worries, like all of life's shitty happenings that won't go away, you'll get used to it.

1 hour ago, gowlerk said:

It's not going over very well outside of TX republican circles. Fauci is calling the move "inexplicable".

It's actually pretty easy to explain. Texas is changing, getting more and more urban and liberal-leaning. Abbott made a lot of enemies when he instituted the mask mandate last summer ("I'll never vote for that asshole again"). So this is a way to get some of those voters engaged again, and pretend like he's paying attention to the science, not just the politics.

Wendy P.

On 3/3/2021 at 4:36 PM, ryoder said:

You know that no COVID-19 vaccine to date has shown efficacy > 95%, right?

nobody who was vaccinated has died from covid yet.  zero there.  100% living is something to shoot for.  i think i read that nobody had to be ventilated either, but that may be wrong.

9 hours ago, sfzombie13 said:

nobody who was vaccinated has died from covid yet.  zero there.  100% living is something to shoot for.  i think i read that nobody had to be ventilated either, but that may be wrong.

Not sure about all the people who have been vaccinated, but of the approximately 74,400 who received it as part of the trial process, none died or were hospitalized. Not hospitalized and vented, but hospitalized at all.

Zero.

i read about the ones in israel last month but had my numbers wrong, it says one shot was 74% effective at preventing hospitalization and two were 87%.  not sure where you got your numbers that show no hospitalization after being vaccinated, but these show it to be pretty good.  94% effective at stopping it and zero deaths is something to look forward to.  too bad these idiots in tx and mi couldn't wait a few more weeks.  it will be interesting to see which numbers go up first.

the study was done from dec through feb so it is pretty recent data.  the numbers are what they are, i didn't adjust them nor did the folks with the study.  not sure where you get zero hospitalizations after a vaccine, but it isn't happening in israel from dec-feb of this year.

5 hours ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Biden said something about 'Neanderthal' thinking

Jerry, it just keep getting better. The State suing the capital city and the city saying bring it on. Best part:

Austin City Council Member Greg Casar responded to Paxton’s tweet, saying, “while El Paso rolled out makeshift morgues, you sued them for protecting residents. While Texans froze in the dark, you fled the state for warmer weather. Now, you’re going out of your way (again) to win political points, even if it costs lives. We’ll see you in court.”

https://www.kxan.com/news/local/austin/i-will-sue-you-texas-ag-ken-paxton-gives-city-of-austin-deadline-to-rescind-mask-mandate/