1 1
billvon

Effeminate as an insult

9 hours ago, brenthutch said:

If you mean metaphorically than yes, but if you mean literally than no.  (Unless you include trans women, than yes, plenty)

So men who can carry women are strong, and women who can carry men are not really women at all. Got it.

Interesting to see how much of your self-worth you attach to the particular gender you were born, and your race.

My favourite definition of patriotism is "being proud of achievements you never did, by people you've never met". So my personal definition of misogyny and racism is - "thinking your gender or race is better than others, just because you don't have much else to be proud of".

I'm not at all impressed by any of your boasting - the more you do it, the sadder I think you are.

1 hour ago, olofscience said:

So men who can carry women are strong, and women who can carry men are not really women at all. Got it.

Interesting to see how much of your self-worth you attach to the particular gender you were born, and your race.

My favourite definition of patriotism is "being proud of achievements you never did, by people you've never met". So my personal definition of misogyny and racism is - "thinking your gender or race is better than others, just because you don't have much else to be proud of".

I'm not at all impressed by any of your boasting - the more you do it, the sadder I think you are.

Sorry buddy, but men (on the whole) are stronger than women.  That’s just science.  It has nothing to do with self-worth, or misogyny.  

Misogyny is saying trans women “aren’t really women at all”.  That is rather bigoted.

15 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

Misogyny is saying trans women “aren’t really women at all”.  That is rather bigoted.

Nice try. I was paraphrasing you. You were implying that by saying

11 hours ago, brenthutch said:

if you mean literally than no.  (Unless you include trans women

Why say "no...Unless" if you did consider trans women to be women?

Edited by olofscience

17 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

Sorry buddy, but men (on the whole) are stronger than women.  That’s just science.  It has nothing to do with self-worth, or misogyny.  

If physical strength has nothing to do with self-worth, and feminists are pushing for greater acknowledgement of female worth by equal rights, then why did you post a meme about physical strength attacking feminists?

Admit it, at least some of your self-worth depends on your perceived physical strength. Newsflash - nobody cares. All you need to post here is to be strong enough to push keys on a keyboard.

21 minutes ago, olofscience said:

Nice try. I was paraphrasing you. You were implying that by saying

Why say "no...Unless" if you did consider trans women to be women?

Now you se the problem with paraphrasing a perceived implication.  I just wanted to be as comprehensive as possible with my reply.  Biological females  are not as strong as biological males.  Trans females are just as strong as biological males.  There is even one that is/was a Navy SEAL.

Edited by brenthutch

6 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

Now you se the problem with paraphrasing a perceived implication.  I just wanted to be as comprehensive as possible with my reply.  Biological females  are not as strong as biological males.  Trans females are just as strong as biological males.  There is even one that is a Navy SEAL.

Nice try.

If you were being comprehensive with your reply, then you'd speak in terms of probability distributions, because that's how sexual dimorphism occurs.

You're speaking in terms of absolutes - "biological females are not as strong as biological males" - and I can assure you, there are more than 100 biological females (which is an arbitrary, but I think acceptable definition of "plenty") that are physically stronger than you are, which would then disprove this absolute statement.

Of course, if given those 100 examples you'll find a way to put them down, to preserve your sense of self-worth (despite your claims that it has nothing to do with it).

Edited by olofscience

6 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

Now you se the problem with paraphrasing a perceived implication.  I just wanted to be as comprehensive as possible with my reply.  Biological females  are not as strong as biological males.  Trans females are just as strong as biological males.  There is even one that is a Navy SEAL.

4 minutes ago, olofscience said:

You're speaking in terms of absolutes - "biological females are not as strong as biological males" - and I can assure you, there are more than 100 biological females (which is an arbitrary, but I think acceptable definition of "plenty") that are physically stronger than you are, which would then disprove this absolute statement.

I said men an women, not any particular man or woman.  Here is some education

“The women were approximately 52% and 66% as strong as the men in the upper and lower body respectively. The men were also stronger relative to lean body mass.”

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/8477683/

Given your sensitivity to this issue, I’m going to guess you never bench pressed more than 225lbs.

9 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

I said men an women, not any particular man or woman.  Here is some education

“The women were approximately 52% and 66% as strong as the men in the upper and lower body respectively. The men were also stronger relative to lean body mass.”

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/8477683/

Given your sensitivity to this issue, I’m going to guess you never bench pressed more than 225lbs.

But you spoke in absolutes. There are differences in the distributions, but you're quite silent when I mentioned the possibility that there are at least a hundred women stronger than you.

You're the one being sensitive to this issue.

9 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

Hah, see your insecurity is starting to come out. I swam competitively and played water polo for my university, but sure I can live in your head rent-free too. Or at least a version of me that makes you feel good about yourself.

But what's going to be better is those hundreds of women who can bench press more than you - you should think about them more. Especially as you get older and physically weaker.

Edited by olofscience

1 hour ago, brenthutch said:

And what does that have to do with you reposting memes from insane conspiracy theorists attacking feminism?

What does it have to do with you insisting that 'effeminate' is insulting even though you don't think there's anything wrong with being effeminate?

23 minutes ago, jakee said:

And what does that have to do with you reposting memes from insane conspiracy theorists attacking feminism?

What does it have to do with you insisting that 'effeminate' is insulting even though you don't think there's anything wrong with being effeminate?

Read the thread

2 hours ago, brenthutch said:

I played Rugby for mine, made it to the Final Four, 1989, look it up.

And I know two women on our rugby team in college who would have had you for breakfast.  You would have never seen it coming.

Which is the danger of generalization.

55 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

Yes it is

trans·mis·og·y·ny

/ˌtran(t)sməˈsäjənē,ˌtranzməˈsäjənē/

noun

1. dislike of or prejudice against transgender women.

anachronism

/əˈnakrəˌnɪz(ə)m/

noun

a thing belonging or appropriate to a period other than that in which it exists, especially a thing that is conspicuously old-fashioned.

Anachronism.png

• Like 1

3 hours ago, olofscience said:

If physical strength has nothing to do with self-worth, and feminists are pushing for greater acknowledgement of female worth by equal rights, then why did you post a meme about physical strength attacking feminists?

Admit it, at least some of your self-worth depends on your perceived physical strength. Newsflash - nobody cares. All you need to post here is to be strong enough to push keys on a keyboard.

Why did he post a meme about physical strength attacking feminists?

Well, we're on page 2. The OP appears to be validated by starting shit.

Wendy P.