Finley1128

Skydiving Sunglasses

What are your recommendations for a decent pair of sunglasses that I can jump with my open face helmet? I know some people use the Liquid Eyewear as well as Gatorz, but any others out there that would fit a female face and not break the bank?
Thanks in advance!

Any sport style sunglasses that fit close to the face. You don't have to have the rubber gasket thing to use them for skydiving. When I jump my open face helmet I use a pair of tinted safety glasses (they look like regular sunglasses) that I got free from work. The wind never bothers my eyes with those. If you were wearing those giant bug eye sunglasses that seem to be popular right now (god knows why) then you may have a problem. Otherwise just jump whatever.
www.facebook.com/FlintHillsRigging

I've used Curv Z sunglasses for a long time now. $20-25, some have foam padding which helps with wind (used for motorcycles) and you can put an adjustable cord on them as well to keep them on your head better if you want. I generally don't wear them with my full face, but I do with my open.
You stop breathing for a few minutes and everyone jumps to conclusions.

I use Oakley racing jackets. they cost a couple of hundred pounds but you can choose whatever colour parts you like. (of course they have to match your kit). you choose 2 different types of lenses and they're quickly interchangeable. you can also buy additional lenses fairly cheap. I know you wanted cheap glasses but these are the business, they come with a clip on headstrap

I found a certain style of $15 sunglasses at Walgreens that give me a really good seal around my eyes that I wear with my camera helmet all the time. Each pair lasts me months until I sit on them, and then I just grab another one. Much better than breaking a nice pair. One thing to look out for: I had one pair of polarized sunglasses a few years ago that made it impossible to read my altimeter's digital display. Needless to say those didn't stick around.

SStewart

I won't jump with cheap sunglasses. B|

I won't jump with sunglasses, period. But then again, all of my jumps are FS jumps where eye contact is critical. Full face with clear lens for me. When I did jump an open face, the darkest I'd go was amber goggles, which still allowed people to see my eyes.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Have used "Protector" brand sunglasses for about ten+ years from Bunnings Warehouse here in Australia both for myself and my passengers. UNFORTUNATELY they decided to change the design and they are now crap. I am down to my last pair after buying a lot at $10ish each before the design change. When something is good there is always someone out there hell bent on trying to change it grrrr!!!

"A Scar is just a Tattoo with a story!!!"