airdvr

Racial Segregation

(edited)
1 hour ago, Phil1111 said:

The agent appraising the property thought the sellers were gullible. So in a tough market he under-priced the appraisal so it would sell quickly. So with little work he gets paid quick and the sellers are SOL. From the Realtor 201 course 'underprice for quick sales and no work".

Realtors don't do appraisals...they do comparable sales studies.  At least here in Ohio that's how it works.

Where is this tough market you speak of?

Edited by airdvr

16 minutes ago, airdvr said:

....Where is this tough market you speak of?

I know, I know for listing agents the markets are always hot. Not enough product. It's only after they are under contract that all of a sudden "the market slowed down we need to reduce the price". Thats usually 24 hours after the listing agreement is signed.

3 hours ago, airdvr said:

True, but the bank will only finance based on an appraisal.  Maybe they were trying to refinance.

Hi airdvr,

This happened to me 20+ yrs ago.  I wanted to re-finance to get much lower interest rates.  At the time, the house was worth about $150K, and I was re-financing for about $15K-$20K balance.  They req'd an appraisal; the lot alone was worth ~$45K.

The lender said that they could do a 'drive-by appraisal.' *  It cost me ~$400 for the 'appraisal.'

Jerry Baumchen

PS)  * I'm sure you know what that is.  ]:)

On 2/8/2021 at 10:25 AM, airdvr said:

I think it's the largest barrier to ending race problems in the US.  It's no longer barriers to where you can live but barriers created by where you can afford to live.

I started thinking about this during the SB.  There was a commercial (I don't remember the product).  It showed people living and playing together.  One shot would have only white folks...the next only black.  We don't live together.  We don't play together.  We don't know anything about each other that isn't spoon fed to us by the media.  Somehow it needs to change.

Lots of white folks might raise their hand when asked if they have a black friend. In reality, they just know a black person.

• Like 2

On 2/9/2021 at 11:58 AM, RonD1120 said:

Think of it this way, when Fri comes and you want some R&R, who do you choose to go and hang with?

On Friday I hang out with my Friends.

Some of them aren't of the same ethnicity, sexual orientation, or political mindset.

I have plenty of criteria for selecting friends but the amount of melanin, the language their parents spoke in their house growing up, and what they like to do in bed and to whom isn't criteria that I care about.

As was already pointed out who you hang out with has more to do with where you live, and certain races/ethnicities have to face systemic barriers to where they live.

But maybe you are referring to "like-minded" racists, bigots, and American Taliban type folks? Those birds do seem to flock together, big flocks of shit birds.