RonD1120

My take away form SB LV

31 minutes ago, RonD1120 said:

From the Logitech ad:

"We must abandon the logic of the past to advance to the future." IIRC

Man's logic is based on man's limited understanding. It is always fallible and changing. Truth is eternally constant.

Too bad we only have a limited understanding of it.

17 minutes ago, RonD1120 said:

From the Logitech ad:

Man's logic is based on man's limited understanding. It is always fallible and changing. Truth is eternally constant.

So is the speed of light, and our understanding of science is also changing. It’s just that changing the understanding of science depends on more than just judgment; its  supposed to be replicable. 
Our understanding of religion and God requires the judgment and absolute trust in (generally) men. 
Wendy P. 

1 hour ago, airdvr said:

Didn't watch it.  First time in my life I didn't have any knowledge of who was featured in the show.

I only checked the gamecast on ESPN went to sleep at halftime. I need to get up early. Usually at 1, 3 and 5am to take a leak.

8 hours ago, RonD1120 said:

From the Logitech ad:

Ron, your real takeaway from SBLV is the same as your takeaway from anything else: whatever confirms what you already believe.

Wendy P.

• Like 2

(edited)

My takeaway is in about two weeks, we are going to see a Covid spike and a whole lot of people wishing they would have made smarter choices two weeks ago. Isn't that how it always goes? Person does as dumb people do and disregard every CDC recommendation. Said person gets infected and ends up in the hospital. Then said person really wishes they would not have gone to that all-night rager, but it's kind of too late at this point. Then said person dies, the message is lost and history repeats hundreds of thousands of times more. Sometimes the hard way is the only way.

Edited by Westerly
  • Like 1