winsor

COI

19 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

In some cases not for the better it seems. So, flat broke is when those who aren't flat broke are helping make it so the flat broke can join the not flat broke again for the betterment of all. In your case, you seemed to have stopped at not flat broke anymore and tough shit for those who still are. 

What do you think I should be doing to help the flat broke?

8 minutes ago, airdvr said:

For one, I'd be glad if you would just stop generalising people in entire industries as being only profit-driven when you don't know a thing about them.

I know doctors who agonise over every single death that happens in their care. Implying that finding a cheap cure for cancer is a conflict of interest for them is an ignorant insult.

I'm fine with your claim that you care about more than just money. But if you claim that you're the only one who does, or that somehow you're in the minority, I'll call it out for the bullshit that it is.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, olofscience said:

For one, I'd be glad if you would just stop generalising people in entire industries as being only profit-driven when you don't know a thing about them.

I know doctors who agonise over every single death that happens in their care. Implying that finding a cheap cure for cancer is a conflict of interest for them is an ignorant insult.

I'm fine with your claim that you care about more than just money. But if you claim that you're the only one who does, or that somehow you're in the minority, I'll call it out for the bullshit that it is.

You are correct.  I'll now just say that some doctors are profit driven as well as some AGW scientists.

(edited)
36 minutes ago, airdvr said:

Not voting for people who want Jeff Bezos to get to 2000 Million before unemployed waitresses get to 2000 dollars, for one. Stop believing that trickle down has ever worked even once and that the economy expands under Republican Presidents would also help. 

Edit: and stop voting for whatever it is that you vote for that causes you to vote for jerks who are screwing up the country.

Edited by JoeWeber

(edited)
18 minutes ago, olofscience said:

What percentage? Who specifically? Where's your evidence? Without additional information your statement is pretty useless.

no it isn't, by the law of averages, it is a fact.  argue with the man on content, don't pick nits.  he is giving you enough valid arguments without making any up.

sorry, couldn't help myself.

Edited by sfzombie13
had a thought

26 minutes ago, sfzombie13 said:

no it isn't, by the law of averages, it is a fact.  argue with the man on content, don't pick nits.  he is giving you enough valid arguments without making any up.

sorry, couldn't help myself.

"Some liberals are murderers" is also a fact. It's the percentage that's the important detail, and I think it's the lack of attention to these kinds of details that has gotten us into this situation.

7 hours ago, olofscience said:

"Some liberals are murderers" is also a fact. It's the percentage that's the important detail, and I think it's the lack of attention to these kinds of details that has gotten us into this situation.

You'd bitch if you were being hung with an old rope. :/  You asked me not to throw a blanket over groups.  

(edited)
11 hours ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi airdvr,

The saying is:  You'd complain if you were hung with a new rope.

Jerry Baumchen

11 hours ago, airdvr said:

I would thinks someone who bitched a lot wouldn't be happy with an old rope.

i've heard it with the old rope, since a new rope is what they use to ensure the neck gets broken.  i read a thing once about the how the brits had a guide that told them the size of the rope and where to put the knot on folks depending on the weight and height.  been a while so i could have it backwards, not a very common phrase.

Edited by sfzombie13
spelling

10 minutes ago, sfzombie13 said:

i've heard it with the old rope, since a new rope is what they use to ensure the neck gets broken.  i read a thing once about the how the brits had a guide that told them the size of the rope and where to put the know on folks depending on the weight and height.  been a while so i could have it backwards, not a very common phrase.

The official executioners employed by the Home Office used a variable drop which was adjusted based on the weight and physique of the victim. For a more detailed description of the hangman's art, read "Executioner: Pierrepoint"

On 2/7/2021 at 2:49 AM, airdvr said:

I would thinks someone who bitched a lot wouldn't be happy with an old rope.

What is the assessed impact on the intended use, and is the intended use conform the manufacturer's guidelines?

How much has the tensile strength of the old rope diminished compared to a new one of the same make and type?
How much does the tensile strength vary between lot numbers?
Is it still within specification?