wut-guy-creations

horizontal wind tunnels

first off, just letting you know, I'm fairly young (14) so I haven't been actual skydiving before, but I have done the wind tunnel skydiving before and that was pretty fun. I'm kinda scared to actually skydive because of the heights and some other stuff so I might stick to wind tunnels tbh

Either way, has anyone been in or does anyone, like me, want to go in one of those horizontal wind tunnels that they use to test planes and cars and do something like this? I just think trying to stand with that kinda wind going against me would be pretty fun lol

also (I hope I'm not the only one who wants to do this) I kinda wanna try doing both kinds of wind tunnels in a really flowy skirt/dress that moves around a lot in the wind or a big poofy ball gown cuz I think both of those would be really fun experiments to try in wind tunnels lol

I studied aerospace engineering and my university had a rather large horizontal wind tunnel, with maximum speed of around 300 km/h. I've been inside it while it was operating (at a lower speed) to hold a smoke machine nozzle to help visualize the airflow. Walking is not fun even at slower speeds, especially because the surface is slick and there are no things to hold on to. I would not really recommend replicating the video you linked, as any sort of malfunction in the system holding you down would send you flying across the tunnel at high speed, all the way to the safety net / direction fins (which are both made of metal and collision would leave you with broken bones or worse). Just go to the skydiving wind tunnel, you will have much more fun. 

On 2/15/2021 at 10:19 AM, Levkovvvv said:

I studied aerospace engineering and my university had a rather large horizontal wind tunnel, with maximum speed of around 300 km/h. I've been inside it while it was operating (at a lower speed) to hold a smoke machine nozzle to help visualize the airflow. Walking is not fun even at slower speeds, especially because the surface is slick and there are no things to hold on to. I would not really recommend replicating the video you linked, as any sort of malfunction in the system holding you down would send you flying across the tunnel at high speed, all the way to the safety net / direction fins (which are both made of metal and collision would leave you with broken bones or worse). Just go to the skydiving wind tunnel, you will have much more fun. 

Oh wow really?

I mean its not like I could really get in one anyways because I dont have one near me and I dont know how I could get in one even if I did lol