brenthutch

Newsome reopening California

17 minutes ago, billvon said:

He's not reopening California.  He's going back to the tier system where most stuff is shut down, and the stuff that's open has restrictions (like no indoor dining or church services.)

Ok, let me rephrase.  Why is he easing restrictions when hospitalizations are three times higher than when he put those restrictions in place?

2 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

Ok, let me rephrase.  Why is he easing restrictions when hospitalizations are three times higher than when he put those restrictions in place?

Do you think it's because he read an article from April which said the virus had peaked and was about to fade away?

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

Because infections have been declining for over two weeks.  Hospitalizations trail new infections by at least three weeks.

COVID_California_worldometer.PNG

21 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

Why is he easing restrictions when hospitalizations are three times higher than when he put those restrictions in place?

Hi Brent,

Re:  Ok, let me rephrase.  

This is a perfect example of why I consider you a know-nothing.  You simply consistently fail to do your homework before posting.

Jerry Baumchen

PS)  Now, what about that April article that Jakee likes to bring?

2 minutes ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi Brent,

Re:  Ok, let me rephrase.  

This is a perfect example of why I consider you a know-nothing.  You simply consistently fail to do your homework before posting.

Jerry Baumchen

PS)  Now, what about that April article that Jakee likes to bring?

Jerry I already know, I just wanted to get the thoughts of others.  BTW I have no idea what Jakee is talking about, but what ever it is, it has him all worked up.  He posted that at least three times in the last five minutes.

8 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

BTW I have no idea what Jakee is talking about, but what ever it is, it has him all worked up.  He posted that at least three times in the last five minutes.

Of course you know what I'm talking about. I'm pretty sure it's why you suddenly decided to abandon your own lockdown thread.

9 hours ago, brenthutch said:

Why is he reopening California when COVID-19 hospitalizations are three times higher than when he closed California?

(I believe the number of hospitalizations was the reason he gave to shut the state down)

https://apnews.com/article/sacramento-california-coronavirus-pandemic-gavin-newsom-38bb44ea7cb39eab9f6f6c621daeaf10

Yes I signed the recall Newsome petition. I have to live here...

I've signed it too, as have over 1.3 million Californians so far. Doubt that it will do any good. When you give someone power they rarely give it back. But we like to be told what to do in CA and Newsom is a good example of "Do as I say, not as I do!". So he will probably still be around for a while yet.

I'm really disappointed in Newsome. Early on he took the controversial but correct step to issue a stay at home order. He did what a leader sometimes needs to do - something unpopular but in the best interests of his people.

Since then he's shown himself to be a politician, rather than a leader, flip flopping around while trying to appease everyone.

I think we're seeing the difference between politicians, office holders, and public servants. The public servant is willing to immolate their career on what they hope is the right decision. It might not be -- and their reputation is toast unless every.single.thing works out. Not surprising that people are risk-averse.

Wendy P.

On 1/28/2021 at 1:47 PM, billvon said:

He's not reopening California.  

Really?

“In short order, four regions — about 98% of the state’s population — were under the restrictions after their capacity fell below the 15% threshold. A map updated daily tracks each region’s capacity. 

At the start of last week, no regions appeared likely to have the stay-at-home order lifted soon because their capacity was well below 15%. But within a day, the state announced it was lifting the order for the 13-county Greater Sacramento area.

Suddenly, outdoor dining and worship services were OK again, hair and nail salons and other businesses could reopen, and retailers were allowed more shoppers inside. 

Local officials and businesses were caught off guard. State officials did not describe their reasoning other than to say it was based on a projection for ICU capacity. 

State health officials relied on a complex formula to project that while the Sacramento region’s intensive care capacity was below 10%, it would climb above 15% within four weeks. On Friday, it was 9%, roughly the same as when the order was lifted. 

“What happened to the 15%? What was that all about?” asked Dr. George Rutherford, an epidemiologist and infectious-diseases control expert at University of California, San Francisco. “I was surprised. I assume they know something I don’t know.”

State officials projected future capacity using a combination of models. “At the moment the projections are not being shared publicly,” Department of Public Health spokeswoman Ali Bay said in an email to The Associated Press.”

Did you get that?  Not being publicly shared.  Looks like Newsom is taking a page out of Cuomo’s playbook.

I did get a kick out of the Trump supporters on Facebook reacting to this.

Newsome implements lockdown - "New-Shit is literally SHITTING on the people with businesses in California!  He must hate business owners and wants to destroy them all.  RECALL HIM!"

Newsome ends lockdown - "New-Shit is literally SHITTING on Californians!  Now suddenly it's OK to be out and about?  I guess he wants them to die from COVID-19 before they get a chance to recall him!"

14 minutes ago, billvon said:

Newsome implements lockdown - "New-Shit is literally SHITTING on the people with businesses in California!  He must hate business owners and wants to destroy them all.  RECALL HIM!"

Newsome ends lockdown - "New-Shit is literally SHITTING on Californians!  Now suddenly it's OK to be out and about?  I guess he wants them to die from COVID-19 before they get a chance to recall him!"

Almost as if those people don't understand that some people are capable of intelligent decisions.
You know, just because the lockdown was lifted, it's not ok to go out to bars and hang out without a mask for hours. 

Almost as if those people aren't able to exercise judgement...

Oh...

Yeah. 

11 hours ago, billvon said:

It says a lot about you if you think I am/was a Trump supporter.  I really feel sorry for you, if you are a Newsom sycophant because you don’t even know how to spell his name.:rofl:

9 hours ago, brenthutch said:

It says a lot about you if you think I am/was a Trump supporter.  I really feel sorry for you, if you are a Newsom sycophant because you don’t even know how to spell his name.:rofl:

Now now Brent....no need to loose your shit over an extra letter here or there.