5 5
Phil1111

Post trump Legal Actions, Including his Enablers

2 hours ago, ryoder said:

This same idiot was just arrested for resisting a search warrant:

And kicked a cop in the process.

Remember when conservatives "backed the blue?" I predict that within hours conservatives will be demanding the names and addresses of the cops who arrested her.

8 minutes ago, billvon said:

And kicked a cop in the process.

Remember when conservatives "backed the blue?" I predict that within hours conservatives will be demanding the names and addresses of the cops who arrested her.

A fine upstanding citizen like that should never have been subjected to a raid, search warrant, or arrest in the first place. She should be able to just explain it, because it's all OK. She's one of the good guys.

That doesn't work as well as it would have say 50 years ago, and that's a good thing. But plenty of people will still hold onto that narrative.

Wendy P.

• Like 2

Well in a every man is equal before the courts of law fallacy. Investigators have discovered gaps in the phone records of trump during January 6th events. Normally thats Destruction, alteration, or falsification of records. Thus could be eligible for up to 20 years in the slammer

Nothing new here, an American president has always stood above the law.

Edited by Phil1111

3 hours ago, ryoder said:

This same idiot was just arrested for resisting a search warrant:

Hi Robert,

This, from your link, is what they should be concerned with:  Colorado Secretary of State Jena Griswold’s office is conducting an internal investigation of Peters, as well as the FBI, 21st Judicial District Attorney’s office, and the Colorado Attorney General’s office who are conducting a criminal investigation of Peters.

That's a lot of power.

Jerry Baumchen

1 hour ago, wmw999 said:

A fine upstanding citizen like that should never have been subjected to a raid, search warrant, or arrest in the first place. She should be able to just explain it, because it's all OK. She's one of the good guys.

That doesn't work as well as it would have say 50 years ago, and that's a good thing. But plenty of people will still hold onto that narrative.

Wendy P.

50 years ago was 1972, and I recall all sorts of havoc wreaked upon people who would fit into the 'entitled' mold these days.

If you were insulated from it, good for you.  I wasn't.

5 hours ago, winsor said:

50 years ago was 1972, and I recall all sorts of havoc wreaked upon people who would fit into the 'entitled' mold these days.

I also remember that era. It didn't work for everyone (a friend of mine was the official "bad boy" of a local town; he still won't go through there although he's been successful for years, and has never been arrested for anything).

But there were plenty of towns that had whole families employed, and it was considered perfectly acceptable because when you hired family, you were getting a known quantity.

Wendy P.

6 hours ago, winsor said:

Okay, then, are you willing to develop that a bit? I was also around in 1972 as a 19 year old in East San Jose, California. I'm not sure what I wasn't insulated from, or if it was good for me, but at the time I'd have argued not much.  No matter, you opened it up to your own formative personal experiences. So please, elucidate.

4 hours ago, ryoder said:

Same idiot now announces she is running for CO Secretary of State:

The Denver Post: Republican Mesa County Clerk Tina Peters announces run for Colorado secretary of state

Brilliant.

4 hours ago, billvon said:

Heck, throw in a sexual assault and some tax fraud and she'd be a real contender for governor.

In hockey there is a Gordie Howe hat trick. Which is a goal, a fight and an assist in the same game. So a Donald trump hat trick should be tax fraud, fraud and sexual assault in the same year.

Speaking of fraud and the Teflon Don. His old accounting firm has stated that it will no longer work for him. That it won't stand behind his representations for the tax years it worked for him. I guess some prosecutors pointed out some discrepancies in the representations trump made to them.

Well, if you provide fraudulent documents to the accountants, they aren't liable for the fraud...

UNLESS it can be shown that the fraud was obvious enough that they should have known.
Or it can be shown that they were given information that shows the fraud.

It's not terribly surprising that the accounting firm broke ties with Trump after meeting with the prosecutors looking into the accusations of fraud by Trump and his cabal.

1 minute ago, wolfriverjoe said:

Well, if you provide fraudulent documents to the accountants, they aren't liable for the fraud...

UNLESS it can be shown that the fraud was obvious enough that they should have known.
Or it can be shown that they were given information that shows the fraud.

It's not terribly surprising that the accounting firm broke ties with Trump after meeting with the prosecutors looking into the accusations of fraud by Trump and his cabal.

Hi Joe,

And the big wheels of justice keep on turning, turning, turning.

Jerry Baumchen

11 minutes ago, kallend said:

Not really. They didn't balk until forced to from document disclosures by non-clients. They're douches who are shocked, shocked that their client was lying. Correct me but I do not believe Trump is known to have ever stiffed his accountants. 

5 hours ago, billvon said:

Heck, throw in a sexual assault and some tax fraud and she'd be a real contender for governor.

Well, our current gov is up for re-election this fall. Maybe she will run and accuse him of being gay, or even being Jewish!

14 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

Not really. They didn't balk until forced to from document disclosures by non-clients. They're douches who are shocked, shocked that their client was lying. Correct me but I do not believe Trump is known to have ever stiffed his accountants. 

Heather Cox Richardson's take on this:

https://heathercoxrichardson.substack.com/p/february-14-2022

Executive summary: The accounting firm is now working with the DA.

49 minutes ago, kallend said:

Just about every news organization is carrying the Mazars (Trump's accountants) story except one.  It seems to be conspicuously absent on Fox News.

FOX viewers don't understand accountants. They stick with basic fraud so accountants are redumbdant.

When former Clinton national security adviser Samuel R. “Sandy” Berger removed copies of one document from the National Archives in 2003, he lost his security clearance for three years, was fined $50,000 and was sentenced to community service.

What should the penalty be for removing 15 boxes of documents from the White House, and flushing others down the toilet or ripping them up?