5 5
Phil1111

Post trump Legal Actions, Including his Enablers

48 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

As insane as that part is....he was shown a photo of him meeting E. Jean Carroll and her husband. Problem is when he was asked who the person in the photo was, he identified her as his own ex-wife Marla Maples.

Takes a special kind of stupid to simultaneously crush two of your stated defenses: I never met her and she isn't my type.

No, no, it's genius! He is setting up a defense that he is too senile to be held accountable!

1 hour ago, ryoder said:

No, no, it's genius! He is setting up a defense that he is too senile to be held accountable!:

Florida judge whacks Trump lawyers with nearly $1 million in sanctions for 'misuse of the courts. No worries airdvr, Brent, Ron et al. sleep easy knowing you've backed the right horse.

gov.uscourts.flsd.610157.302.0.pdf

2 hours ago, ryoder said:

Judge sanctions Trump, Habba nearly $1 million for ‘completely frivolous’ Clinton suit

Looks like another fundraising campaign is needed to get his marks to pay for it as usual.

Hi Robert,

And, it would seem some other attorneys are learning from her mistakes:  Trump withdraws Florida lawsuit against New York attorney general - POLITICO

But, but, the winning.  NOT!!!!!

Jerry Baumchen

2 hours ago, JerryBaumchen said:

...But, but, the winning.  NOT!!!!!

Jerry Baumchen

Hi Jerry,

So much QUITTING.

Gotta love the quote from the story:

There was no immediate comment from Trump’s attorneys on why they dropped his Florida lawsuit, but the federal judge overseeing the case recently ripped his claims as “both vexatious and frivolous.”

The withdrawal Friday also came the morning after the same Florida judge ordered nearly $1 million in sanctions against Trump and his attorney Alina Habba in a lawsuit against Hillary Clinton and federal officials.

The same judge that made Trump pay nearly a million dollars for a 'frivolous' lawsuit, is calling another suit by Trump 'frivolous'.

To be honest, I'm a bit surprised he recognized the developing pattern. 
Or maybe he didn't, but his lawyers did.

22 minutes ago, wolfriverjoe said:

Hi Jerry,

So much QUITTING.

Gotta love the quote from the story:

The same judge that made Trump pay nearly a million dollars for a 'frivolous' lawsuit, is calling another suit by Trump 'frivolous'.

To be honest, I'm a bit surprised he recognized the developing pattern. 
Or maybe he didn't, but his lawyers did.

With both suits he was judge shopping for Cannon, but unfortunately for him both got assigned to this judge. After dismissing the first lawsuit, defence asked for sanctions. Sanctions were granted and in it the judge highlighted this second lawsuit as an example of vexatious litigation. Same layers representing Trump. At least they were smart enough to withdraw the lawsuit, knowing they would have lost and if defence asked for sanctions, they would have lost again.

The real question is what other judges will due with future lawsuits.

12 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

...The real question is what other judges will due with future lawsuits.

Well, a bunch of the lawsuits about 'election fraud' that were tossed, ended up with the plaintiffs (Trumpettes) being ordered to pay legal costs to the defendants because the suits were totally stupid. 

Michigan was one.

Wisconsin sued for $105k, but was denied.

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/judge-sanctions-sidney-powell-other-pro-trump-lawyers-who-claimed-voter-fraud-2021-08-25/

(edited)
29 minutes ago, wolfriverjoe said:

NYT got it out first, but they have a paywall.

Just turn off Javascript, and the paywall is gone.

The browser extension "Disable Javascript" gives you a little button you can use to toggle it on/off.

Edited by ryoder

2 minutes ago, billvon said:

And the guy who arranged the payment for Trump was apparently . . . David Pecker.  Who worked for the National Enquirer.

Awesome. 

I thought that was known for a while.

Along with the simple concept that the Enquirer NEVER published stories about Trump. 

But did so a LOT about people he didn't like.

The lawyer for the Proud Boys in their insurrection trial is trying to serve a subpoena on Trump  to be a witness at their trial, since the DOJ continues to show Trump was a co-conspirator and inspired the proud boys in their actions coming to Washington and participating in the insurrection.  Unlike such requests in other trials where the judge quashed the subpoena request, this one has been signed by the judge.

7 hours ago, ryoder said:

I'm shocked! Shocked!!!

Trump pays his legal bills???

NYT: Trump Spent $10 Million From His PAC on His Legal Bills Last Year

Well, I think the lawyers are learning.

Get paid up front. In advance.

And when that money runs out, stop all work until the next advance payment is made.

On 2/22/2023 at 9:55 PM, wolfriverjoe said:
On 2/22/2023 at 2:47 PM, ryoder said:

I'm shocked! Shocked!!!

Trump pays his legal bills???

NYT: Trump Spent $10 Million From His PAC on His Legal Bills Last Year

Well, I think the lawyers are learning.

Get paid up front. In advance.

And when that money runs out, stop all work until the next advance payment is made.

Not to mention the PAC was pretty much just a grift to gain funding for all of his legal bills.

• Like 4

Among all the other interesting information to come out of Dominion's defamation lawsuit against Fox was the revelation that Murdoch & Fox provided Kushner & the Trump campaign confidential information about the Biden campaign's ads & ad strategy.

A couple groups have filed complaints with the FEC that those constituted illegal campaign contributions to Trump.

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/3885148-fec-complaints-filed-over-allegations-murdoch-gave-kushner-unaired-biden-political-ads-in-2020/

I wonder if the Biden campaign, or the agency that put the ads together is going to sue Fox for breach of contract.
I'd guess there's standard confidentiality language in the contracts for the ads that sharing the info, especially with the opponent, is not allowed.

I found this fascinating.  FOX News is now editing down videos of Trump to take out the worst parts of what he says.

On Hannity's show Trump said that he could end the war in Ukraine in 24 hours, and "that’s without even negotiating a deal. I could have negotiated. At worst, I could’ve made a deal to take over something, there are certain areas that are Russian-speaking areas, frankly, but you could’ve worked a deal.”

When Hannity replayed that interview later, he edited out the part about giving Ukraine territories to Russia, making a seamless edit so that Trump seemed to say "that’s without even negotiating a deal. I could have negotiated.  China no longer respects the United States.”

FOX is now so desperate to make Trump look good that they are editing out the worst parts of what he says.  They are in an existential battle here; they cannot survive without Trump supporters, so they do everything they can to prop him up.

Of course, anyone with half a brain can get the original recording, but it's probably a safe bet that FOX viewers will not do that.