5 5
Phil1111

Post trump Legal Actions, Including his Enablers

Judge Eviscerates Trump’s Bogus Lawsuit Against Hillary Clinton

Donald Trump in March filed a lawsuit against Hillary Clinton and a host of his other perceived enemies for trying to “destroy his life” by falsely accusing him of collusion ahead of the 2016 election. The lawsuit was ridiculous, and on Friday morning, a federal judge ruled it as such, tossing it out while suggesting the former president’s lawyers could even be sanctioned for wasting the court’s time with so many unfounded claims.

"Could be sanctioned"? Let's do it!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ryoder said:

Donald Trump in March filed a lawsuit against Hillary Clinton and a host of his other perceived enemies for trying to “destroy his life” by falsely accusing him of collusion ahead of the 2016 election.

What is he, 13? 

"Thanks for destroying my entire LIFE!"

Proud Boys Hawaii chapter founder pleads guilty to obstruction of an official proceeding

The U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of Columbia said in a release that 36-year-old Nicholas Ochs of Honolulu and 32-year-old Nicholas DeCarlo of Fort Worth, Texas, could face up to 20 years in prison, plus financial penalties, for their actions. 

That's a shame.

• Like 1

On 9/9/2022 at 8:12 AM, ryoder said:

Donald Trump in March filed a lawsuit against Hillary Clinton and a host of his other perceived enemies for trying to “destroy his life” by falsely accusing him of collusion ahead of the 2016 election. The lawsuit was ridiculous, and on Friday morning, a federal judge ruled it as such, tossing it out while suggesting the former president’s lawyers could even be sanctioned for wasting the court’s time with so many unfounded claims.

"Could be sanctioned"? Let's do it!

WaPo has a good article on it too, well worth reading:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2022/09/09/trump-2016-russia-clinton/

10 minutes ago, ryoder said:

Daily Beast: Mike Lindell: Feds Seized My Cellphone at Hardee’s

But the source of the news is Mike Lindell, so who knows if it really happened?

You doubt that a total dork like Lindell who has money enough to throw 10's of millions at Trumps windmill, all made by hugging his blanky, would be eating at the East Coast version of Carl's Jr.? Of course he was. And the fed's probably took it while he was in a phone booth fumbling for a dime.

8 hours ago, ryoder said:

Daily Beast: Mike Lindell: Feds Seized My Cellphone at Hardee’s

But the source of the news is Mike Lindell, so who knows if it really happened?

I think maybe the one good thing Trump ever did was introduce us to the endless source of entertainment that is Mike Lindell.

”They took my phone, I run my whole business through that phone, everything is on there!”

Hmm, maybe in future keep your crime phone separate from your business phone? The best people Trump has to offer and they’ve never heard of burners?

11 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

You doubt that a total dork like Lindell who has money enough to throw 10's of millions at Trumps windmill, all made by hugging his blanky, would be eating at the East Coast version of Carl's Jr.? Of course he was. And the fed's probably took it while he was in a phone booth fumbling for a dime.

Actually, in another article I read that he was in the drive-through queue when the feds grabbed him.

hardees.jpg

12 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

Back to Trump: we ain't got him yet. After this horse shit ruling it's on to the Trump stacked 11th circuit for the appeal. What a joke we are.

https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.flsd.618763/gov.uscourts.flsd.618763.89.0_2.pdf

After which it goes to Clarence('s wife).

The best judges money can buy.

Actually I have some hope there is some reasonableness within the 11th. If not, the US is truly fucked.

Hi folks,

Things are not looking so good for some people in Georgia:  

17 people . . . are the targets of a criminal investigation

Rudy Giuliani’s . . . is a target of the investigation

Prosecutor in Georgia 2020 election probe: ‘People are facing prison sentences’ | The Hill

Couldn't happen to more deserving people.

Jerry Baumchen

trump and his gang of misfits has turned a new leaf. They are now starting to actually pay lawyers, IN ADVANCE! matters must be getting serious now.

"The Save America PAC has advanced former President Donald Trump’s attorney Chris Kise $3 million in an upfront payment to cover his legal fees, a person familiar with the arrangement told CNN." This doesn't include "Nearly $1 million was given to civil and criminal defense lawyers by the political action committee of former President Donald Trump in just July."
It appears as if trump bills are now running at nearly a million a month. So trump has about 20 years of funds available as of now if no additional funds are solicited.

The 11th Circuit has given Trumps Lawyers until Tuesday to reply to the DOJ's appeal of Cannons decision. Who knows which three judges drew the case but it surely isn't good news for Trump that the 11th Circuit thinks it serious and shouldn't be delayed even a little.

Just finished reading the DOJ's appeal to the 11th Circuit. In it they cited the 11th Circuit 5 times including a 2021 decision.

"The injunction also unduly interferes with the criminal investigation. It prohibits the government from accessing the seized records to evaluate whether charges are appropriate and even from “bringing charges based on” those records. A9. “The notion that a district court could have any input on a United States Attorney’s investigation and decision whether to ... bring a case” is “entirely incompatible with the constitutional assignment to the Executive Branch of exclusive power over prosecutorial decisions.” In re Wild, 994 F.3d 1244, 1287 (11th Cir. 2021) (Tjoflat, J., concurring)."

They also cited Cobbledick v. United States which I mention only because I'm so juvenile I can't stop laughing.

"see Cobbledick v. United States, 309 U.S. 323, 325 (1940) (“[E]ncouragement of delay is fatal to the vindication of the criminal law.”)."

Edited by JoeWeber

Judge ain't buying Alex Jones' bullshit story that Infowars is bankrupt because it owes $54M to a company he owns himself. Orders new personnel to oversee it.

Judge Orders New Bankruptcy Officials in Alex Jones Case

Mr. Jones put Free Speech Systems into bankruptcy in late July and has said he owes $54 million to PQPR, an entity owned and operated directly and indirectly by Mr. Jones and his parents.