5 5
Phil1111

Post trump Legal Actions, Including his Enablers

2 hours ago, SkyDekker said:

If any of this is true, it is really bad:

https://twitter.com/BrynnTannehill/status/1556981527090716673?s=20&t=y80jz0eKtRzNciUzycMLkw

Really bad because Trump would only hold on to those documents for one reason: monetization.

I would't credit him with that much vision, and I'm sure even his most sycophantic advisors would have refused to let him take the insane legal and PR risk that would come along with that.

Occam's razor said he took them out of spite and petulance and held on to them because he thought he was immune to the consequences.

2 minutes ago, jakee said:

I would't credit him with that much vision, and I'm sure even his most sycophantic advisors would have refused to let him take the insane legal and PR risk that would come along with that.

Occam's razor said he took them out of spite and petulance and held on to them because he thought he was immune to the consequences.

That much vision? You can faithfully rely on Trump to do one thing and one thing consistently, monetize whatever he can get his hands on. 

Even the "FBI Raid" is already being used for fundraising purposes. Why do you think he was (other than a local reporter) the first one to announce it?

And when it comes to Trump, I am not sure he understands words like spite and petulance, but he certainly understands money.

15 minutes ago, ryoder said:

Love the part where he complains that the FBI just came up to him and took it.
That if they'd contacted his attorney, he would have handed it over.

Yeah. Right. Sure.

He would have handed it over after deleting everything.

11 minutes ago, wolfriverjoe said:

Love the part where he complains that the FBI just came up to him and took it.
That if they'd contacted his attorney, he would have handed it over.

Yeah. Right. Sure.

He would have handed it over after deleting everything.

Evidence to date indicates they are after information about J6; the committee was after his and Clarks testimony. I don't doubt 12 year olds in every R congress critters house is patiently explaining how to delete the stuff you think you just deleted from your phone.

(edited)

That was good of Trump to own up about owning the safe. If evidence of crime was found inside it, ownership and responsibility is something the prosecutor won't have to prove in court.

Yet another example of mouthing off too much. I bet his lawyers just love him. 

Dumb arse. 

Edited by obelixtim

29 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

It shows that they really don't believe in anything. It's called conservative principles. 

Speaking about conservative principals. trump has had allot to say about the fifth amendment in the past:

“You see the mob takes the Fifth,” he said. “If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”

Another time, he said, “Fifth Amendment. Fifth Amendment. Fifth Amendment. Horrible.”

'Eric Trump invoked the Fifth Amendment more than 500 times during his 2020 deposition, according to a court filing."

Today: Former President Donald Trump invokes Fifth Amendment rights and declines to answer questions from NY attorney general So just another American  mob family using the law to protect themselves from it.

I have it on good authority that trump and his team are preparing a new fundraising e-mail solicitation. He needs to defend himself against this personal attack.

(edited)
15 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

Speaking about conservative principals. trump has had allot to say about the fifth amendment in the past:

“You see the mob takes the Fifth,” he said. “If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”

Another time, he said, “Fifth Amendment. Fifth Amendment. Fifth Amendment. Horrible.”

'Eric Trump invoked the Fifth Amendment more than 500 times during his 2020 deposition, according to a court filing."

Today: Former President Donald Trump invokes Fifth Amendment rights and declines to answer questions from NY attorney general So just another American  mob family using the law to protect themselves from it.

I have it on good authority that trump and his team are preparing a new fundraising e-mail solicitation. He needs to defend himself against this personal attack.

Yep. You reckon there is a scintilla of possibility that any of the righties here will have even a single iota of understanding that their self serving R votes, no matter where they live, have contributed to this horrendous, hypocritical insanity, that is rending to shreds our vaunted constitution? Republicans, if you truly care about America, recall this saying: the enemy of my enemy is my friend. Do what is right and step back from relatively petty interests and vote to restore democracy in November.

Screen Shot 2022-08-09 at 6.37.54 PM.png

Edited by JoeWeber
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, ryoder said:

Uh, oh! Someone down there is not loyal to Mango Mussolini!

Newsweek: Exclusive: An Informer Told the FBI What Docs Trump Was Hiding, and Where

I'm surprised by the surprise, actually. We've got people in the Kremlin, Tehran and the boot of BillVons Prius surely we can get someone into the crapper cleaning department at Mar-a-Lago.

1 hour ago, ryoder said:

Uh, oh! Someone down there is not loyal to Mango Mussolini!

Newsweek: Exclusive: An Informer Told the FBI What Docs Trump Was Hiding, and Where

1 hour ago, JoeWeber said:

I'm surprised by the surprise, actually. We've got people in the Kremlin, Tehran and the boot of BillVons Prius surely we can get someone into the crapper cleaning department at Mar-a-Lago.

Eric did it. and you can hear trump swearing and throwing china all the way from Bedminister to Mar-a-Lago.

1 hour ago, ryoder said:

Amusing ad from the Lincoln Project, designed for an audience of one:

Hi Robert,

The best part of that video is where she says, 'There is no one you can trust.'

Tough to be in that situation.  Even Hitler had cronies who stuck by him until the very end.

Jerry Baumchen

Dayum! The FBI is busy!

FBI delivers subpoenas to several Pa. Republican lawmakers: sources say

The information being requested centered around U.S. Rep. Scott Perry, R-Pa., and the effort to seek alternate electors as part of former President Donald Trump’s efforts to remain in office after the 2020 election, several sources said.

8 minutes ago, ryoder said:

Dayum! The FBI is busy!

FBI delivers subpoenas to several Pa. Republican lawmakers: sources say

The information being requested centered around U.S. Rep. Scott Perry, R-Pa., and the effort to seek alternate electors as part of former President Donald Trump’s efforts to remain in office after the 2020 election, several sources said.

That would be trump appointee, FBI director Christopher Wray who is approving and directing all this. Oh the horror of backstabbing, ungrateful, disloyal people. 

I love the schadenfreude of it all.