5 5
Phil1111

Post trump Legal Actions, Including his Enablers

(edited)
41 minutes ago, jakee said:

...These people were in the Oval Office.

27 minutes ago, wolfriverjoe said:

"These people" lost by less than 10% of the popular vote.

23 minutes ago, kallend said:

And that, right there, is what I find most scary.

I try to be an optimist. I'm just so thankful that trump is out. With a war in Europe and the world economy teetering on a recession. There is an enormous drag on democrats to keep trump out in two years. His possible GOP challenger/leader is

"Florida's Ron DeSantis wanted to target social media companies for their content moderation policies, crack down on protests following Black Lives Matter demonstrations and punish a major corporation for crossing the GOP in the culture wars. ...

For more than a year, Florida Republicans have made the state a test kitchen for conservative ideas that made DeSantis a favorite among GOP voters, who consistently rank him as their second choice to run for president in 2024 just behind Donald Trump. DeSantis has been able to wade into national culture wars by signing into law bills inhibiting classroom discussion of sexual orientation, gender and race, barring protesters from picketing outside a person’s home and limiting tenure at the state’s public universities."

So who is the more batshit crazy? Oh! almost forgot and a stacked conservative USSC.

Edited by Phil1111

22 hours ago, wmw999 said:

Too many people just don't get it that assertion != proof. Unfortunately, there's a history in the US that if you're the right kind of person, it doesn't matter.

Wendy P.

18 hours ago, headoverheels said:

image.png.afff7dfbf4cb349623a92816ae4be3d8.png

There is a You-tube channel that interviews Russians on the street. It solicits their opinions on the war, the economy, world events, etc.

If MAGA/GOP voters are still so numerous. The average Russian is more knowledgeable and objective than the GOP ilk.

trump has a new benchmark to break. Beating Eric.

Trump Set to Be Questioned Under Oath by New York A.G. Next Month

"The questioning of Mr. Trump and two of his adult children as part of the attorney general’s civil investigation will begin July 15 unless New York’s highest court decides to intercede in the case....Another of Mr. Trump’s adult children, Eric Trump, was questioned under oath in October 2020, and invoked his right against self-incrimination in response to more than 500 questions."

35 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

Another of Mr. Trump’s adult children, Eric Trump, was questioned under oath in October 2020, and invoked his right against self-incrimination in response to more than 500 questions."

And we have to remember that innocent until proven guilty applies even to the Trumps.

Wendy P. 

59 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

And we have to remember that innocent until proven guilty applies even to the Trumps.

Wendy P. 

The problem with that is that it's "Innocent until proven guilty in a court of law."

Trump and his spawn have done a very good job avoiding that 'court of law' thingy.

Bribes to Attorneys General, District Attorneys making the charges 'go away', when the prosecutors have pretty solid cases, that sort of thing.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, wolfriverjoe said:

The problem with that is that it's "Innocent until proven guilty in a court of law."

Trump and his spawn have done a very good job avoiding that 'court of law' thingy.

Bribes to Attorneys General, District Attorneys making the charges 'go away', when the prosecutors have pretty solid cases, that sort of thing.

Wendy is an idealist. Bless her soul.

The golden rule of law has slipped her mind. No, not the faux gold fixtures that trump is apt to flout. The rule of law in America where you spread enough gold among the lawyers and the courts. Then the laws apply to your enemies and for your friends, anything.

13 hours ago, wmw999 said:

Wendy P. 

To quote Trump himself..."You see the mob takes the Fifth," he said during one rally in Iowa. "If you're innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?"

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, kallend said:

Insurrections have consequences.

Hi John,

While it has been a couple of lifetimes since I was in high school, I do have some memory of reading about one of the signers of the Declaration of Independence saying something like:  'If we fail, we will all hang.'

A couple of public hangings could get people to think about what they might do.

Jerry Baumchen

(edited)
19 hours ago, Phil1111 said:

Wendy is an idealist. Bless her soul.

The golden rule of law has slipped her mind. No, not the faux gold fixtures that trump is apt to flout. The rule of law in America where you spread enough gold among the lawyers and the courts. Then the laws apply to your enemies and for your friends, anything.

The real "Golden Rule":

He who has the gold makes the rules.

2 hours ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi John,

While it has been a couple of lifetimes since I was in high school, I do have some memory of reading about one of the signers of the Declaration of Independence saying something like:  'If we fail, we will all hang.'

A couple of public hangings could get people to think about what they might do.

Jerry Baumchen

I've said it a few times:
There's a not very nice part of me that would have loved to see Mike Pence get strung up.
For the fools who claim it was a 'peaceful protest', or 'legitimate political discourse', that gallows wasn't to hang effigies. They didn't have any. If that was part of the plan, where were the dummies? (yeah, hiding in the tunnels)
Instead of effigies to hang, they had people with flex cuffs, stun guns and pepper spray moving in coordinated teams. You know, like they planned on taking prisoners.

How would Pence have behaved? Stoic and brave? Or whining and pleading that "I'm on your side"?
How would the security/cops have reacted? Would they have opened fire on the crowd once it was apparent Pence was in real danger? How many would have died?
How many in the crowd had guns on them. I know that most of them didn't. But I'd bet very heavily that there were quite a few guns in the crowd. Not at the front, but the 'string pullers' at the back. 
A firefight between the 'patriots' trying to lynch the sitting (Republican) VP against the cops. 

The whole thing would have been fascinating.

Edited by wolfriverjoe
Typo

19 hours ago, Phil1111 said:

Wendy is an idealist. Bless her soul

That’s what southerners say about someone not real smart ^.^. Thanks

But that’s a personal mantra — I can’t fix anyone else, but I can fix myself. And yeah, more money buys better justice. Money buys pretty much anything in the US, including respectability, influence, and power, without there being any backing behind financial. There are things that shouldn’t be for sale, but they are.

Wendy P. 

34 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

... And yeah, more money buys better justice. Money buys pretty much anything in the US, including respectability, influence, and power, without there being any backing behind financial. There are things that shouldn’t be for sale, but they are.

Wendy P. 

Just like in many other countries.

Fulton grand jury subpoenas Giuliani, Graham, Trump campaign lawyers

In addition to Giuliani, among those being summoned are John Eastman, Cleta Mitchell, Kenneth Chesebro and Jenna Ellis, all of whom advised the Trump campaign on strategies for overturning Democrat Joe Biden’s wins in Georgia and other swing states.

The grand jury also subpoenaed South Carolina U.S. Sen. Lindsey Graham, one of Trump’s top allies in the U.S. Senate, and attorney and podcast host Jacki Pick Deason.

25 minutes ago, ryoder said:

Fulton grand jury subpoenas Giuliani, Graham, Trump campaign lawyers

In addition to Giuliani, among those being summoned are John Eastman, Cleta Mitchell, Kenneth Chesebro and Jenna Ellis, all of whom advised the Trump campaign on strategies for overturning Democrat Joe Biden’s wins in Georgia and other swing states.

The grand jury also subpoenaed South Carolina U.S. Sen. Lindsey Graham, one of Trump’s top allies in the U.S. Senate, and attorney and podcast host Jacki Pick Deason.

So they will be under oath, on penalty of perjury.  B)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi John,

I also believe that it was the advice that Nixon gave to his cronies to use.

Jerry Baumchen

I'm without doubt that I could get any number of people to corroborate, and under oath, that I can't remember anything.