8 8
Phil1111

President Biden, critics corner

1 hour ago, SkyDekker said:

From the actual inspection reports I linked to:

"...both FDA and your firm found evidence of Cronobacter spp. in your powdered infant formula production environment. Your firm also identified Cronobacter spp. in finished powdered infant formula products."

Doesn’t really matter now does it?  40% of domestic production was shut down with no plan to make up for it.  Complete incompetence.

48 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

Doesn’t really matter now does it?  40% of domestic production was shut down with no plan to make up for it.  Complete incompetence.

You are in favour of government mandated and regulated manufacturing and oppose health and safety regulations. You make absolutely no sense whatsoever.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

You are in favour of government mandated and regulated manufacturing and oppose health and safety regulations. You make absolutely no sense whatsoever.

The reason it makes no sense is because those are your words, not mine. Where did I say either of those things?

16 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

I do. Besides being happy with our strengthened NATO alliance and how he's handling the war in Ukraine I am totally thrilled that he is occupying the Oval Office and not Trump. Even if I were to concede he's made some domestic policy errors just knowing that it's mere incompetence not rank criminality as the root cause makes me happy.

"But . . . but . . . Hunter's laptop . . ."

25 minutes ago, billvon said:

Is that the same Hunter Biden who Tucker Carlson and his wife heaped praise on when they were asking him to get their kid into Georgetown?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2022/05/19/look-time-tucker-carlson-asked-hunter-biden-favor/

And the same Tucker who then said off air how he cannot comment on the emails since they are part of a Russian disinformation campaign before saying on-air how Hunter's laptop is definitely real and not part of a Russian disinformation campaign.

Lastly, Buckley? Who names their kid Buckley?

36 minutes ago, billvon said:

But…but…highest inflation in a generation, record high gas prices, border crisis, rampant crime, record fentanyl overdoses, resurgent COVID, baby formula shortage, shrinking GDP. We have bigger problems than worrying about how much of a cut the ‘Big Guy’ got from Hunter’s Chinese business dealings.  Although the next congress may take a look into it.

• Like 1

(edited)
47 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

Canadians are complaining about the same things, and they don't have Biden as their president. Maybe not the baby formula shortage, but the rest, yeah.

Wendy P.

Wow! And I thought Biden was just destroying the U.S.

I guess it is true what they say…’When the US spits, Canada swims’

Edited by brenthutch

1 hour ago, wmw999 said:

Canadians are complaining about the same things, and they don't have Biden as their president. Maybe not the baby formula shortage, but the rest, yeah.

Wendy P.

There are Brents in Canada as well. The leader in the opposition candidates race, the conservatives.  Stated: "Poilievre is

a big proponent of cryptocurrencies such as bitcoin. He has suggested that Canadians can "opt out" of inflation by pouring money into these investments

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/poilievre-bank-of-canada-audit-1.6433860, and he doesn't want the Bank of Canada to offer a competing product."

Its disappointing that people like him would offer no alternative to our current Liberal government. Because they are so damn stupid.

5 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

I joined the PC party in time to have a vote. Who do you like?

The conservatives need a moderate who can win Ontario, Quebec and B.C. In the last election they won the popular vote. I personally like the Liberals environmental plan even though it doesn't come close to meeting climate commitments. The conservatives have none and no intent of making one. The current liberal government can't seem to stop spending and borrowing.

I haven't followed the conservative candidates because too many pander to specific western issues. Up until four elections ago I always voted conservative.

2 hours ago, BillyVance said:

Apparently, Quinnipiac University polling has found that only 26% of Hispanics approve of Biden's job performance, compared to 55% a year ago. 

Just saying... 

Hispanics say ‘no mas’ to Biden

https://nypost.com/2022/05/19/biden-job-disapproval-among-hispanics-hits-60-percent-poll/

“yet another sign of widespread discontent as Americans grapple with the ongoing border crisis, baby formula shortageand skyrocketing inflation.”

On 5/19/2022 at 7:39 PM, brenthutch said:

But…but…highest inflation in a generation, record high gas prices, border crisis, rampant crime, record fentanyl overdoses, resurgent COVID, baby formula shortage, shrinking GDP. 

We've got all of those in the UK too except (probably) the fentanyl and formula ones. There's this new thing called global events, and it is unrelated to Biden being US president

1 hour ago, billvon said:

How did Biden raise your gas prices so high?

$1.90 a liter in Canada for the cheapest make of self serve. It comes out of the ground but 50km away and is refined here as well. US Presidential imperialism is impressive. Inflation is at a 30 year high. But nobody is blaming Biden. Nobody blaming the prime minister.

Well the conservative leadership candidates maybe. But grocery, foreign cars, etc. have nothing to do with him.

2 hours ago, jakee said:

We've got all of those in the UK too except (probably) the fentanyl and formula ones. There's this new thing called global events, and it is unrelated to Biden being US president

All the current GOP talking points rely on their listeners being pretty much unaware of anything outside US borders. 

33 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

By constraining supply.

Absolutely. Keystone XL would have been completed long ago and already operating at the increased capacity level of 830,000,000,zillion bpd. Modern Dirigibles filled with natural gas for delivery to Europe would be departing on the hour from New Jersey. Once emptied they would be sent back for refill by a new underwater high speed rail system. All of which could have already been constructed with overwhelming bi-partisan support if he wasn't such a bozo. 

(edited)

Hi folks,

My memory is a little fuzzy on this, but, as I recall, after Biden had won the election he said something about wanting to unite this country.

I thought he was nuts.  He was not my first choice for the nomination, but considering the options, I supported him.  As I would today given the same choices.

Today, he is IMO taking a very weak stand on this decision:  Roe v. Wade decision 2022: Biden calls abortion ruling ‘a sad day’ for country - oregonlive.com

IMO it more than a 'sad day,' it is a disaster with more to come.

The Democratic party needs to nominate someone with a lot more fire in the belly in 2024 or we will lose more than just Roe v Wade.

End of rant,

Jerry Baumchen

PS)  This is more like it:  It shows how much standing up and fighting for rights matters every day

Trudeau calls overturn of Roe v. Wade 'horrific' - POLITICO

Edited by JerryBaumchen
  • Like 1