8 8
Phil1111

President Biden, critics corner

1 hour ago, kallend said:

Similar tactic failed for McCain, as Biden well knows.  Your logic is defective.

Biden and Harris were to be sacrificial lambs given up to the inevitable re-election of Trump, an old politician at the end of his career and a horribly unpopular VP candidate.  Unfortunately COVID intervened and we were left with a “Mouse that Roared” situation.  Their ineptitude will cost them the House and possibly the Senate, and in a nightmare scenario for the whole country, Trump may very well be re-elected in 2024 and go on a revenge tour that won’t be good for anyone.

23 hours ago, brenthutch said:

Biden and Harris were to be sacrificial lambs given up to the inevitable re-election of Trump, an old politician at the end of his career and a horribly unpopular VP candidate.  Unfortunately COVID intervened and we were left with a “Mouse that Roared” situation.  Their ineptitude will cost them the House and possibly the Senate, and in a nightmare scenario for the whole country, Trump may very well be re-elected in 2024 and go on a revenge tour that won’t be good for anyone.

I do not want to see Trump martyred, since that conveys sainthood on the most loathsome pols.

He can't be humiliated, since he has no shame.

If he and his clan can be convicted, not of 'high crimes and misdemeanors' but some garden variety financial felonies, and sent to a 'country club' incarceration facility, that should do the trick.

"Trump Tower Gitmo?"  I like the sound of that.

BSBD,

Winsor

19 minutes ago, winsor said:

I do not want to see Trump martyred, since that conveys sainthood on the most loathsome pols.

If he and his clan can be convicted, not of 'high crimes and misdemeanors' but some garden variety financial felonies, and sent to a 'country club' incarceration facility, that should do the trick.

BSBD,

Winsor

Agreed, but so far he has been Teflon Don.  I think the NY AG’s case collapsed a month or two ago.

1 hour ago, winsor said:

If he and his clan can be convicted, not of 'high crimes and misdemeanors' but some garden variety financial felonies, and sent to a 'country club' incarceration facility, that should do the trick

This. Getting investigated and even convicted of other stuff, great, but punishment for financial.

Wendy P. 

3 hours ago, winsor said:

BSBD,

Winsor

Hi winsor,

Re:  a 'country club' incarceration facility

Having been in one of these a number of times [for work], I can assure that they are no 'club fed.'  They are definitely a prison.

Jerry Baumchen

(edited)
On 3/20/2022 at 8:28 PM, billvon said:

Nope.  Not being able to go into a NICU without a mask is not the same as "a foot on your neck."  And if it were your premature baby in there I am sure you would agree.  (And just because it might be someone ELSE's premature baby instead does not confer you any additional justification.

God spelled backwards is dog. 

Do you realize that you are quoting yourself here?  Are you referring to yourself as "you?"

The first shutdowns - and indeed most shutdowns - took place under Trump.

Sounds like a lack of understanding on your part.  Masks primarily protected OTHER people, not you.  It's like not driving drunk.  No one cares if you kill yourself; it's that family minivan you take out that's the issue.

What must really stick in your craw, what must really drive you nuts, is that the lockdowns . .  worked.  They flattened the curve.  They reduced the death rate.  They kept at least hundreds of thousands of Americans alive.  Look at a graph of infection rates and you can see where the lockdowns were - they started right before the peaks, and were in force as infection rates declines.  Then they rescinded them.  And the rates climbed.

This was a (poor) implementation of the "hammer and dance" strategy proposed at the beginning of the pandemic.  Use a big hammer (lockdown) to drop infection rates.  Then "dance" (use escalating NPI's - masking, testing, distancing, and shutdowns as a last resort) to keep the infection rates low until we had an effective vaccine.  Unfortunately, people like you ensured that any moderate NPI's would fail; such people took pride in ignoring anything other than "go home or you are under arrest."  And thus we needed shutdowns, rather than just masking or distancing.

So  . . . congratulations?  I guess?  You managed to screw up the rational response to a pandemic, and ensure that only draconian measures worked.  Did you like the result?

The word was Omicon, it has more letters than God,silly.

But since you brought it up,thought you'd appreciate a prayer I found, just for you. It's a quick word.

I quote myself because it's required at times to invoke the spirits of the conversation.

"Stick in my craw" good one. You got that one right,we can definitely agree.

"The first shutdowns - and indeed most shutdowns - took place under Trump." 

So it was Trump that locked us up. Just like CNN was saying the whole time,the exodus from california was because of him too.

So  . . . congratulations?  I guess?  You managed to screw up the rational response to a pandemic, and ensure that only draconian measures worked.  Did you like the result?

"For so it had come about, as indeed I and many men might have foreseen had not terror and disaster blinded our minds. These germs of disease have taken toll of humanity since the beginning of things--taken toll of our prehuman ancestors since life began here."

Your confusing me with someone, somewhere else, I live in a country where an informed educated citizenry make their own life decisions.Besides I'm not running the supermajority.

I was wondering what liberties, and freedoms I can expect to be losing as my consequences for non compliance will they be my freedom to travel, employment, religious freedoms,or a child's education.

For you Ayn Rand fans, I believe this is called the "The ultimate inversion". 

Edited by richravizza
"Wells"

10 hours ago, richravizza said:

The word was Omicon, it has more letters than God, silly.

Omicron is a Greek letter. The Greek alphabet has been around for a couple of centuries.
Greek letters are used as 'shorthand' in a wide variety of places. Higher math one of the common ones.

To pretend that the use of Greek letters for the variants of the virus contains 'hidden messages' in the anagrams is pretty silly.

Life is NOT a movie, where the villain hides clues for the hero to decipher. 

That's one of the 'founding principles' of the Q idiocy.

It's not any less stupid there.

10 hours ago, richravizza said:

Your confusing me with someone, somewhere else, I live in a country where an informed educated citizenry make their own life decisions. Besides I'm not running the supermajority.

I was wondering what liberties, and freedoms I can expect to be losing as my consequences for non compliance will they be my freedom to travel, employment, religious freedoms, or a child's education.

For you Ayn Rand fans, I believe this is called the "The ultimate inversion". 

Not sure what country you live in that has an 'informed, educated citizenry'.

The level of stupidity that's been demonstrated in the past couple years is abso-freaking-lutely astonishing. 

Among other things:

The vax contains tracking chips.
The new 5G network is causing the illness, not the virus.
The vax is the 'mark of the beast' foretold in Revelation. (funny that they ignore the part where it says 'on the forehead' as they wear hats with the slogan from someone who has a pretty close resemblance to the Anti-Christ)
There have been more people killed by the vax than by the virus.
The virus is fake. But it was manufactured and intentionally released by China (with Fauci's help).
Covid is 'just like the flu' (yet these morons have no clue how bad the flu can be...
And Covid's worse).

On the plus side, hundreds of thousands of these fools have died.
The seven day average death rate just dropped below 1000 for the first time since last November, and that was only for a couple days. It hasn't been consistently under 1000 since last August.

The consequences for thousands has been death.

To impose other consequences on what people who refuse to take precautions against a deadly virus is not a new thing.
Quarantines used to be quite common. And strictly enforced.
People with Tuberculosis were committed to institutions. They were 'just a little bit sick', but were FORCED out of their homes and into rather unpleasant sanatoriums.
And if they tried to refuse, they were put in a straight jacket and taken against their will.

As far as education goes, there was a time when kids were required to show proof of a variety of vaccinations to attend school.

The anti-vax idiots have done a lot of damage, which is why we're seeing outbreaks of measles (among other vax-preventable diseases) in modern society.

The old idea that 'your right to swing your fist ends at my nose' can be transposed to 'your right to wander around spreading a deadly virus ends when you expose others to it'.

Last - when did I ever publicly accuse you of Drunk Posting?
Please show me. 

• Like 1

On 3/23/2022 at 10:07 AM, wolfriverjoe said:

To pretend that the use of Greek letters for the variants of the virus contains 'hidden messages' in the anagrams is pretty silly.

Life is NOT a movie, where the villain hides clues for the hero to decipher. 

That's one of the 'founding principles' of the Q idiocy.

It's not any less stupid there.

It was simply a joke, my humor is lost ,pitty. I wouldn't know Q ,but like so many of your assumptions you'd be wrong about me and conservative views.

Lastly first "Last - when did I ever publicly accuse you of Drunk Posting?Please show me."

As for the Quote, I'm unable to find it,unfortunately the thread, 1992 global warming has been removed and replace. Like the name and legacy of  the man who established Yosemite's first visitors center, lost to time.  Nonetheless, it was years ago  and still a recurring theme here, peek at the Hunter laptop thread posted just a few minutes ago as I'm writing you, my elucidations are mere hallucination.LOL I find it playful and engaging.

Among other things:

The vax contains tracking chips.
The new 5G network is causing the illness, not the virus.
The vax is the 'mark of the beast' foretold in Revelation. (funny that they ignore the part where it says 'on the forehead' as they wear hats with the slogan from someone who has a pretty close resemblance to the Anti-Christ)
There have been more people killed by the vax than by the virus.
The virus is fake. But it was manufactured and intentionally released by China (with Fauci's help).
Covid is 'just like the flu' (yet these morons have no clue how bad the flu can be...
And Covid's worse).

Seems you believe in too many ghost stories,bill posted all that poop too,verbatim.I suggested  getting unplugged regularly and stop putting credence and weight in what others tell you about folks. It's the foundation of  prejudice. It'll drive you nuts and serves no one here, an auto response almost like your being manipulated.

I suggest you reread Winsor's reply to billv poop. I only gave Winsor credit for two gems.But It's actually a  treasure trove of diamonds.

Quarantines used to be quite common. And strictly enforced.
People with Tuberculosis were committed to institutions. They were 'just a little bit sick', but were FORCED out of their homes and into rather unpleasant sanatoriums.
And if they tried to refuse, they were put in a straight jacket and taken against their will.

If you've had Covid, vaccinated or not, I think you may have a different perspective.Unfortunately your also proving my point, my concerns.

This is not TB, this is not small pox, this not 1918, and the Vax is also, not like the others.Of course,It's still not licenced.

Let us not confuse ignorance with choice.How many times has the FDA been wrong in the past, how many times has the CDC got it wrong. 

What does the CDC stands for? ....See D.C. .....can even corrupt our medical community.The FDA, should stand for the Floatation Device Administration.

While this won't take 75 years of research, it's fun and goes to the point of my hallucinations.

But it was manufactured and intentionally released by China (with Fauci's help).

How many half truths can be in one short sentence? 

YES, NO and Yes, (Faucis help) was/is U.S. funding.

Released in China is a matter of fact, weather in  bat or birds nest soup, we still don't know.

Yes, "sometimes the difference between conspiracy theory and known fact, can be two to four weeks" oops.

On the plus side, hundreds of thousands of these fools have died.

Dark humor, I hope, better than nothing so back at you.

On the plus side, the Kulaks those socially harmful, enemies of the people are gone too. 

The people that have a challenging job are those that listen to Biden's comments and then have to create another, believable, description of what he said. Their description of Biden's latest foolish statement is not going to fly.

When Biden goes off script it's not good. Many or most will agree with what Biden said but there are some things that the President just shouldn't say due to the risk of an escalation in violence.

“For God’s sake, this man cannot remain in power”

was interpreted in to

“The President’s point was that Putin cannot be allowed to exercise power over his neighbors or the region. He was not discussing Putin’s power in Russia, or regime change"

(edited)
9 hours ago, richravizza said:

This is not TB, this is not small pox, this not 1918, and the Vax is also, not like the others.Of course,It's still not licenced.

You don't really pay that much attention to what is going on do you?  In the USA vaccine makers can apply for FDA approval and licencing. There are many vaccines available. The two most common are the mRNA ones and both have been fully approved. 

https://www.fda.gov/vaccines-blood-biologics/vaccines/vaccines-licensed-use-united-states

Edited by gowlerk

10 minutes ago, billeisele said:

“For God’s sake, this man cannot remain in power”

was interpreted in to

“The President’s point was that Putin cannot be allowed to exercise power over his neighbors or the region. He was not discussing Putin’s power in Russia, or regime change"

Clearly he is a POTUS and not a diplomat. This could have been done on purpose knowing that it would then be walked back. Or it could be Joe just being angry and stating what we all feel. Either way I am not concerned that the Russian dictator's feelings may be hurt. He already knows that all the western leaders want him out of power and preferably dead. Joe's job is to lead and that is what he was doing.

• Like 1

However, I will say that I think it would be a devastatingly bad decision for the US to foment or lead in any way any effort to unseat Putin. It was a bad decision in Iraq, and it would be far worse in Russia. Dragged in, like we were in WW2, is probably best in this particular case. Because anything else robs us of more standing. 

Wendy P. 

• Like 1

(edited)
6 hours ago, jakee said:

Millennia.

Oops. That's what I meant. 
Thank you.

27 minutes ago, billeisele said:

The people that have a challenging job are those that listen to Biden's comments and then have to create another, believable, description of what he said. Their description of Biden's latest foolish statement is not going to fly...

It was just 'locker room talk'.

That's an adequate excuse, isn't it?

Edited by wolfriverjoe

6 hours ago, jakee said:

Millennia.

A pass/fail requirement for the students in my "Introduction to Engineering" course (that I taught over several decades) was that they score at least 80% on a test on the Greek alphabet.  So there's a few thousand folks who'll not be  blindsided when we get to chi, psi or upsilon.

11 minutes ago, wolfriverjoe said:

It was just 'locker room talk'.

That's an adequate excuse, isn't it?

11 minutes ago, ryoder said:

n 2016 Putin had a hand in regime change in the US, so I don't see why we should not return the favor.

Great light handed snark, guys ^.^

Wendy P. 

So Biden wants to raise taxes on billionaires, while Sen. Rick Scott (R, FL) wants to raise taxes on the poor and sunset Social Security.

In a nutshell this illustrates where the GOP's interests really lie, despite lame attempts to disavow.

• Like 1