8 8
Phil1111

President Biden, critics corner

(edited)
45 minutes ago, BIGUN said:

Am not <sticks out tongue>

Too funny. I meant I agree you're not a trump-ette. But the quote I made omitted the preceding sentence

Sorry about that.

and i liked that motorcycle story you linked a bit ago.

Edited by Phil1111
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Phil1111 said:

Too funny. I meant I agree you're not a trump-ette. But the quote I made omitted the preceding sentence

Sorry about that.

and i liked that motorcycle story you linked a bit ago.

Add me to the list, I guess. I hate Joe Biden. I hate his damn beady eyes. I hate his tired ass kind uncle schtick. I hate that he cannot navigate a set of stairs. I hate that he hasn't solved immigration, Covid and string theory. I hate that he can't do the Vulcan Mind Meld and give empathy, brevity and an understanding that guns don't load and defend themselves to certain posters on DZ.com. On the other hand I love that I never wake up wondering what new democracy killing, soul crushing, mind numbing stupidity he tweeted out at 4 AM whilst I was nightmaring peaceably. That much for me and me alone, in the pure winsorian sense, is enough.

• Like 4

(edited)
5 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

Add me to the list, I guess. I hate Joe Biden. I hate his damn beady eyes. I hate his tired ass kind uncle schtick. I hate that he cannot navigate a set of stairs. I hate that he hasn't solved immigration, Covid and string theory. I hate that he can't do the Vulcan Mind Meld and give empathy, brevity and an understanding that guns don't load and defend themselves to certain posters on DZ.com. On the other hand I love that I never wake up wondering what new democracy killing, soul crushing, mind numbing stupidity he tweeted out at 4 AM whilst I was nightmaring peaceably. That much for me and me alone, in the pure winsorian sense, is enough.

Hi Joe,

As I continue to say:  I like Joe Biden because he is not Trump.

Jerry Baumchen

PS)  Re:  I hate his damn beady eyes.

You too shall grow old.

Edited by JerryBaumchen

4 hours ago, SkyDekker said:

Which one of them mentions the travel ban on Chinese nationals and xenophobic in the same tweet?

You know that it was not specific and are constraining the question for a predestined rebuttal, so why don't you just come out with it.  And, you're skirting the main point of how the media is treating Biden vs, Trump for the same actions. 

38 minutes ago, BIGUN said:

You know that it was not specific and are constraining the question for a predestined rebuttal, so why don't you just come out with it.

It wasn't specific indeed. It was the media who tied his tweet to Trump's Chinese travel restrictions. You claimed Biden lambasted Trump for being racist and xenophobic specifically in response to the Chinese travel restrictions. That is a media narrative.

41 minutes ago, BIGUN said:

And, you're skirting the main point of how the media is treating Biden vs, Trump for the same actions. 

I previously outlined how the actions are not the same. 

I am sure Biden and Trump are getting treated differently by the media. They both treat the media differently as well.

52 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

You claimed Biden lambasted Trump for being racist and xenophobic . . .

I posted quotes from Biden regarding these items and pointed to the media bias.

53 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

. . . specifically in response to the Chinese travel restrictions.

I did not do this part. 

21 minutes ago, richravizza said:

The VP's work on the migrant caravan issue and border crisis is improving,accordingly.

Migrant truck crashes in Mexico killing 54 | Reuters

Such a defining statement about your character, compassion and nature.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, richravizza said:

The VP's work on the migrant caravan issue and border crisis is improving,accordingly.

Migrant truck crashes in Mexico killing 54 | Reuters

Hey, you can't say shit like that without giving us a "trigger warning" first. You sure are a tough guy. I bet you always carry a big hard gun with you to let everyone know. 

Edited by gowlerk

2 hours ago, airdvr said:

Like his predecessor he tends to say whatever comes across his mind, and 'truth' is rather an abstraction.  At least he has senility working for him, and he does not generate a flurry of 'WTF?' tweets all night long.

Given his propensity for plagiarism - which took hold when he was a schoolboy, and served him well throughout his career - you could blame some of his inaccuracies on whoever authored them in the first place.

As far as his deft handling of numbers goes, one must bear in mind that his academic discipline was Law, where the meaning of numbers largely relates to how they sound.  The difference between a 'million' and a 'billion' is, of course, one letter.

BSBD,

Winsor

It was said that George H. W. Bush had Dan Quayle as a life insurance policy, and it seems that the incumbent has his:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/kamala-harris-needs-to-get-serious-biden-administration-competency-approval-rating-polling-11639093358

It concerns me that the only people who could do a particularly good job of the presidency have better things to do, and we are stuck with second-raters from which to choose. 

The campaign slogan of "We Suck Less" could be used by either party - but it would be patently untrue in either case.

The ideal candidate would be a combination of an Academic with a deep knowledge of History, Law, Psychology, Geography, Economics, Mathematics, and the hard sciences, a Gambler who knows when to hold them, when to fold them and leaves them guessing whether whether its a bluff or a Royal Flush, an Illusionist who can convey whatever perception is appropriate, and an Entertainer who makes you want to tune in, even if you're from the other party.

Ronald Reagan knew how to work a crowd, but knew less than nothing about the underlying Academics, much to our detriment.  Bill Clinton was a slut, who would do ANYTHING for 'true love.'  George W. Bush was born on third base and thought he hit a triple.  And so forth.

Maybe, since we are a very flawed people, we deserve very flawed leadership.  We sure as hell have it.

BSBD,

Winsor

• Like 1

2 hours ago, winsor said:

It was said that George H. W. Bush had Dan Quayle as a life insurance policy, and it seems that the incumbent has his:....

Maybe, since we are a very flawed people, we deserve very flawed leadership.  We sure as hell have it....

Oh boohoo. Everything bad about America is because of leadership.Because most people care about local needs and issues. Look at Japan's debt. Look at italy's Belescroni. Former French president Nicolas Sarkozy

America is like the family next door. Sure they have issues but they are far, far above most of the rest of the street.

15 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

Sometimes your cynicism comes across as just anger. Sometimes it comes across as hard earned. 

This, not his quoted post above.

36 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

My big fear about the 2024 election is Biden vs Trump. Biden was a stopgap in 2020; if neither the Dems nor the Reps can go beyond, it’ll be a sad sign. 
Wendy P. 

I'd like to know what positive outcome you see as possible even if either party ran Winsor's ideal candidate to victory. It's not Liberals vs. Conservatives anymore; it's the Judiciary vs. the Citizenry. That specifically includes the DOJ. The new Supreme Court has only started raking us over the coals and our new AG, apparently, either can't read a calendar or is more concerned about his legacy than the erosion of our democracy. And, like Ginsburg, Breyer seems intent on hanging around to guarantee another hard right religious nutcase on the Supreme Court.

The sad, simple fact is that the left doesn't know how to wield power to win elections or get specific results. We're already toast.

Edited by JoeWeber
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, wmw999 said:

My big fear about the 2024 election is Biden vs Trump. Biden was a stopgap in 2020; if neither the Dems nor the Reps can go beyond, it’ll be a sad sign. 
Wendy P. 

I can't imagine Biden being up for another go around, which makes Harris an option.

Trump got in because of people who held their noses and voted against Hillary. I suspect something similar might play out if Harris ran.

If the best we can do is Trump or Harris, I think it's time to flee the country - I'm not sure we can survive either (and yeah, I've spent many years in other countries, so I don't think the sun rises and sets because of the US of A).

BSBD,

Winsor

16 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

The main reason It’s my nightmare is because I can imagine it. In 2012 if someone had told me Trump was going to run and win I’d have laughed. 
Wendy P. 

Hi Wendy,

Re:   In 2012 if someone had told me Trump was going to run and win I’d have laughed.

Well, I was laughing right up until about 2 PM west coast time, Election day 2016.

Re:  The main reason It’s my nightmare is because I can imagine it.

While it is possible, I consider it improbable.  The number of Republicans is the lowest it’s been in a decade: Gallup poll - MarketWatch

From what I have read, some of his strongest support in 2016 were GOP suburban women.  This group is the largest to leave the GOP in the last few years.

I think the American people are simply fed up with his buffoonery.

Jerry Baumchen

6 hours ago, winsor said:

I can't imagine Biden being up for another go around, which makes Harris an option.

Trump got in because of people who held their noses and voted against Hillary. I suspect something similar might play out if Harris ran.

If the best we can do is Trump or Harris, I think it's time to flee the country - I'm not sure we can survive either (and yeah, I've spent many years in other countries, so I don't think the sun rises and sets because of the US of A).

BSBD,

Winsor

If Harris were elected which specific harms do you imagine will be her real agenda that might justify panicked fleeing? Are you concerned we all might be woked to death? Will there be forced, and anonymous, Gay marriage? Will all urinals be replaced by toilet stalls? Will men be forced to wait, regardless of how many guys are in line, the same amount of time to take a leak as women at any public entertainment? Pretty much anything she will hope for but not accomplish as President won't impact the survivability of our democracy. Trump? Not so. I will certainly not sell everything and run for it but I'll damn sure spend less time in the continental US.

1 hour ago, JoeWeber said:

If Harris were elected which specific harms do you imagine will be her real agenda that might justify panicked fleeing? Are you concerned we all might be woked to death? Will there be forced, and anonymous, Gay marriage? Will all urinals be replaced by toilet stalls? Will men be forced to wait, regardless of how many guys are in line, the same amount of time to take a leak as women at any public entertainment? Pretty much anything she will hope for but not accomplish as President won't impact the survivability of our democracy. Trump? Not so. I will certainly not sell everything and run for it but I'll damn sure spend less time in the continental US.

Why must you torture poor Windsor?

Each one of those horrific possibilities will play in his subconscious forever now. A liberal Black woman spearheading lesbian rights and in the same bill restricting the number of toilets for men!

Cue the black darkness and Marlon Brando the horror, the horror.

1 hour ago, Phil1111 said:

Why must you torture poor Windsor?

Each one of those horrific possibilities will play in his subconscious forever now. A liberal Black woman spearheading lesbian rights and in the same bill restricting the number of toilets for men!

Cue the black darkness and Marlon Brando the horror, the horror.

I could have raised the specter of in male voting.