4 4
Phil1111

President Biden, critics corner

Recommended Posts

Listening to NPR this morning, I was struck by the fact that our CIC is committed to ritual cannibalism, which is strictly not Kosher.  The specific inclusion of blood makes it doubly so.

I know it's only make believe, but I'm not sure that improves things by much.

 

BSBD,

Winsor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, winsor said:

Listening to NPR this morning, I was struck by the fact that our CIC is committed to ritual cannibalism, which is strictly not Kosher.  The specific inclusion of blood makes it doubly so.

I know it's only make believe, but I'm not sure that improves things by much.

 

BSBD,

Winsor

But at least he doesn't take marching orders from the pope. Hypocrisy lives on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, jimjumper said:

I'm in CA. Half the state is considered high fire danger area. I'd drop the insurance but it's required for a mortgage. They have the CA Fair Plan for people that can't get Homeowners but the name "Fair Plan" is anything but. CA is expected to have a $31B budget surplus but we'll probably spend it on the "train to nowhere!" 

With the passage of the infrastructure bill, a lot of CA's budget will be spent on matching funds in that bill (a lot of the bill requires states to foot half the cost.)

I agree with you that the HSR project isn't worth it.  But San Francisco to Los Angeles can hardly be described as a "train to nowhere."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://nypost.com/2021/11/18/biden-approval-rating-hits-36-percent-in-quinnipiac-poll/

Biden drops below Trump and Republicans are preferred over Dems.  It’s worth noting this poll was taken AFTER the infrastructure bill passed.  On the positive side the Biden administration is in the process of leasing a huge (the size of Florida) chunk of the gulf for oil and gas exploitation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, billeisele said:

I don't have any special or inside knowledgeable about insurance but .... I often wondered why one brand would have that type of large increase and another wouldn't. I was shopping insurance and an agent told me that if they have higher than expected claims the rates are adjusted to recover those expenses. He said they tend to work on a rolling 3-year average but that wasn't an exact science. The company I was talking to had a fairly high exposure because they insured property along the coast and we had a flooding event. In addition there were tornados in other states where they had a high concentration of customers. They stopped writing policies for coastal properties and dropped some of their customers to reduce exposure. The other company that I spoke with said that they didn't even write policies in coastal areas, they have high margins but high risk.  Makes sense.

Hi Bill,

Re:  I don't have any special or inside knowledgeable about insurance

I do not either.  However, a few years before I sold my last motorcycle, my rates for it nearly doubled.  I had not one claim in the 4 previous years of riding; I've never made any claim about any motorcycle I've owned.  I called the agent as was informed that my bill had jumped because of the Zip Code that I lived in.  Apparently, this Zip Code had a few 'too many' claims; so all of our rates went up.

C'est la vie,

Jerry Baumchen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/15/2021 at 4:42 PM, Bigfalls said:

Maybe now but there are more presidents to come.

Bigalls you crafty son of a gun, what exactly are you implying? LOL

What most Americans realize, we may have more than the usual during this four year cycle? If so then a Heiress catastrophe may make Bad Man not so bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/17/2021 at 10:27 PM, jimjumper said:

I'm in CA. Half the state is considered high fire danger area. I'd drop the insurance but it's required for a mortgage. They have the CA Fair Plan for people that can't get Homeowners but the name "Fair Plan" is anything but. CA is expected to have a $31B budget surplus but we'll probably spend it on the "train to nowhere!" When it comes time to vote a lot of people are going to decide "was I better off with the Republicans or the Democrats?" 

It's nice to see another Cali guy here, how's that Prop 47 treatn' you? The smash and grabs are fun to watch mostly when it's Louise's place, eat the rich and all, but think you'll agree,the local CVS not so cool.You gotta laugh at it's name too, The Safe Neighborhoods and Schools Act. We're all free to steal $950 worth of stuff, isn't it fun.

One of Kamala's masterpieces so progressive, leadership for the rest of the Nation.LOL

Enjoy your Turkey Day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, richravizza said:

Bigalls you crafty son of a gun, what exactly are you implying? LOL

What most Americans realize, we may have more than the usual during this four year cycle? If so then a Heiress catastrophe may make Bad Man not so bad.

I don’t think she plays golf so at least she’d be on the job 307 more days than trump was during his term.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/15/2021 at 6:14 AM, kallend said:

Unfortunately a lot of stupid people don't think that way.  Some of them even post here.

Since I brought up Public education, off topic.I'm hoping you're not talking about me.I've asked you before not to put words in my mouth,but here we are again.You making assumptions about me, based on an illiberal echo chamber of assumptions.A childhood game, of what someone may have said, insinuates and therefore supports.A race to the bottom to the lowest common denominator.I find this distasteful.We may disagree on nearly everything,but that no reason for us to be dishonest.

 Please ask me to expound on my ideas...School choice, a voucher system allowing low and middle class families the ability to afford alternative schooling you may actually find Progressive.

 Have a Great Thanksgiving.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, murps2000 said:

Must concede there. But I doubt she sleeps less than the previous CIC.

Indeed, if that dumb sonofabitch got a good 8 hours daily he might have approached coherency - in a narcissistic kind of way.  Cancelling his Twitter account might have helped his cause, but perhaps having insight into his garbled thought process had the up side of getting him out of the Oval Office.

Now if there was any way to drive a stake through his political heart we could get back to the normal level of mediocrity in the Beltway.

 

BSBD,

Winsor

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, richravizza said:

School choice, a voucher system allowing low and middle class families the ability to afford alternative schooling you may actually find Progressive.

The biggest problem I find with publicly-funded school choice is that it gives all of the charter schools the ability to pick and choose the students they want; usually the higher-potential, less-expensive ones. 
Which means that with the public schools’ requirement to educate all children, they have to keep all the highest-needs students, at the greatest cost, without recourse. Which means, of course, that they do end up with more problems. 
How do you propose that school systems (and vouchers are part of a school system) deal with these students?

Society is best served if these students, too, have as much education and socialization as possible. 
Wendy P. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, richravizza said:

It's nice to see another Cali guy here, how's that Prop 47 treatn' you? The smash and grabs are fun to watch mostly when it's Louise's place, eat the rich and all, but think you'll agree,the local CVS not so cool.You gotta laugh at it's name too, The Safe Neighborhoods and Schools Act. We're all free to steal $950 worth of stuff, isn't it fun.

One of Kamala's masterpieces so progressive, leadership for the rest of the Nation.LOL

Enjoy your Turkey Day.

Organized retail theft is still a felony in California under section 490.4 of the penal code.

Misdemeanors are still eligible for up to 6 months in jail.

Seems to me that the law isn't the problem, but enforcement on both LEO and DA is the problem.

Edited by SkyDekker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, richravizza said:

It's nice to see another Cali guy here, how's that Prop 47 treatn' you? The smash and grabs are fun to watch mostly when it's Louise's place, eat the rich and all, but think you'll agree,the local CVS not so cool.You gotta laugh at it's name too, The Safe Neighborhoods and Schools Act. We're all free to steal $950 worth of stuff, isn't it fun.

One of Kamala's masterpieces so progressive, leadership for the rest of the Nation.LOL

Enjoy your Turkey Day.

 

50 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

Organized retail theft is still a felony in California under section 490.4 of the penal code.

Misdemeanors are still eligible for up to 6 months in jail.

Seems to me that the law isn't the problem, but enforcement on both LEO and DA is the problem.

So the little guy that grabs $950 is the problem eh? While white collar criminals get strippers and yachts. Plus the offshore accounts to hide it all.

How Corruption is Becoming America’s Operating System "Your book looks at networks of people who exploit political and economic systems to increase their wealth by working across private and public sectors. Help us understand this in a historical context. What is new or distinct with corruption in America today?"

Yachts, Strip Clubs, and Fast Cars: An Analysis of the First 56 Cases Alleging PPP Fraud

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Phil1111 said:

So the little guy that grabs $950 is the problem eh?

No, 40 people who raid a store asp art of organized crime are the more specific problem here.

 

2 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

While white collar criminals get strippers and yachts. Plus the offshore accounts to hide it all.

It really isn't an either/or scenario. Both can be problems at the same time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Woo Hoo - Biden restricts travel from South Africa, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Namibia, Lesotho, Eswatini, Mozambique and Malawi. If Trump did it it would be racist.

Mainstream media is full of folks that are quick to judge and label, but detest being judged or labeled.

 

Edited by billeisele
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, billeisele said:

Woo Hoo - Biden restricts travel from South Africa, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Namibia, Lesotho, Eswatini, Mozambique and Malawi. If Trump did it it would be racist.

Mainstream media is full of folks that are quick to judge and label, but detest being judged or labeled.

 

Almost all nations are doing the same thing. Pull the rag away from your face, now ain't the time for your tears. Like most Trumpists you are too nativist to even look elsewhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, gowlerk said:

Almost all nations are doing the same thing. Pull the rag away from your face, now ain't the time for your tears. Like most Trumpists you are too nativist to even look elsewhere.

lol - so shallow, childish and incorrect

When folks make excuses for poor behavior it encourages that behavior. This is not about what nations are doing. It's about actions of the the media. 

It's not about my opinion of Trump. It's about how the media behaves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"The media" (which includes all of the other profit-incentivized media like OAN, Fox, etc, as well as opinion websites like Gateway Pundit and Breitbart) is treating this as each outlet treats most things. Some of the far left is probably talking about how if Trump hadn't been president then nothing bad would ever have happened (which isn't true), and some of the far right is probably talking about how the left is reporting this new common cold.

In other words, look at the stories, and see what's happening. There appears to be a new variant, that's concerning because it's clearly a variant, and clearly quite different from the others. They (that being WHO etc)

  • don't know yet if it's more deadly
  • think it might be more contagious than the original
  • don't know how well the vaccine will work because some of the differences are where the vaccine was developed
  • don't want to get a generalized worldwide infection if it does turn out to be more serious and not as contagious.

I.e. the more they know before it spreads, the better. If it is as contagious as Delta, it'll spread. If it's not, maybe not -- remember there were some other concerning variations, which we really don't hear that much about any more.

A difference between this and the "shithole countries ban" (from before COVID) is that it's clearly, and being reported as, a temporary step to find out more about the new variant, rather than a "we don't like them" approach to traffic management. A difference between this and the "Chinese ban" from the early days of COVID is that, while countries are probably allowing citizens back in, they're enforcing quarantines on those citizens, rather than at least appearing to blame it all on the ethnicity of the person coming in. Being an American citizen doesn't really trump nature.

At least that's how I see it. I'm planning significant international travel over the next few months; I'm paying pretty close attention, because this could easily affect or cancel that travel.

Wendy P.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, billeisele said:

lol - so shallow, childish and incorrect

When folks make excuses for poor behavior it encourages that behavior. This is not about what nations are doing. It's about actions of the the media. 

It's not about my opinion of Trump. It's about how the media behaves.

Your opinion about how the "media" behaves severely informs your opinion of Trump. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

I'm planning significant international travel over the next few months; I'm paying pretty close attention, because this could easily affect or cancel that travel.

My passport lapsed in 2019 and I did not get it renewed, nor do I intend to. I travel a lot, but now I am set out to explore every corner of this country. We are very fortunate. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

4 4