4 4
Phil1111

President Biden, critics corner

As long as you included they’ve only been measuring it for 11 years. Data transparency and all that. I lived in Brazil in the 60’s and early 70’s. I lived in the US in the late 70’s (our last significant high inflation era). This ain’t nothing. For that matter, the US was nothing as compared with Brazil. 
Wendy P. 

23 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

Would it make you feel better if I said the largest jump in the PPI EVER RECORDED by the department of labor?

in 11 years....

You said: record inflation. While you meant largest increase in a completely different index in 11 years.

Is there anything you can get right? Do you think you could state your name without fucking it up?

Just now, SkyDekker said:

in 11 years....

You said: record inflation. While you meant largest increase in a completely different index in 11 years.

Is there anything you can get right? Do you think you could state your name without fucking it up?

In addition to using a specific metric from a fairly short time, (I remember the double digit inflation of the late 70s & early 80s), it's also cherry-picking from a time when the economy was basically at a standstill just after reopening everything last August to a time when the economy has done a great job of rebounding.

For example, look at gas prices. Back up to where they were before the pandemic started (plus a bit, partly due to the hurricane damaging oil production & refinery capability in the Gulf).
But way up from where they were back last August, when traffic was virtually non-existent.

And since he hasn't stated his name since you issued the challenge, I'm wondering myself.

55 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

As long as you included they’ve only been measuring it for 11 years. Data transparency and all that. I lived in Brazil in the 60’s and early 70’s. I lived in the US in the late 70’s (our last significant high inflation era). This ain’t nothing. For that matter, the US was nothing as compared with Brazil. 
Wendy P. 

Hi Wendy,

In the period 1991-1993, inclusive, I made six trips to Brazil on business.  At that time, I was informed by the people I interfaced with, that their inflation rate was right at 5,000% per year.  Yes, that is five thousand percent.

All of the menus in restaurants had their prices in pencil so they could be changed every day.

Jerry Baumchen

43 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

in 11 years....

Ok “the largest increase in the PPI in more than a decade, unvaccinated illegals and drugs flowing through our southern border, covid spreading, real wages dropping, labor shortage, rampant crime, terrorist safe haven established in Afghanistan“

Do you feel better now?

17 minutes ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi Wendy,

In the period 1991-1993, inclusive, I made six trips to Brazil on business.  At that time, I was informed by the people I interfaced with, that their inflation rate was right at 5,000% per year.  Yes, that is five thousand percent.

All of the menus in restaurants had their prices in pencil so they could be changed every day.

Jerry Baumchen

Yep. My brothers both lived there during the 80’s and 90’s off and on. You couldn’t date a traveler’s check, because the value was set by the date on it. I had to bring one back with me when I went down in 89. 
The currency in use when I first moved there in 1960 is worth 1/10,000 of the unit now. I think. Maybe less. 
Wendy P. 

1 hour ago, brenthutch said:

Only the part that said:

....the biggest advance since the data was first measured back in November 2010.”

And you act like this proves a point. Again I have to ask, since you know that other people can read what exactly do you get out of pretending to be this stupid?

I guess if you wanted to be overly pedantic (too late) you could make the argument inflation was worse during the Weimar Republic in Germany so it’s not really a record.  Would it make you feel better if I said the largest jump in the PPI EVER RECORDED by the department of labor?  You seem grouchy.

EVER RECORDED in the last 11 years. Wow! I wonder what you would say if someone said a change in temperatures since 2010 was proof of AGW? If anyone seems grouchy it's because your staggering hypocrisy has crossed from amusing to tedious.

1 hour ago, kallend said:

When you continue to feed a troll, the trolling continues.

I have come to understand that feeding the troll becomes a bad habit some people can't resist . I think it is like going to the zoo and tossing tidbits to the dumb animals. It has a certain entertainment value in watching them scramble around and slobber while they gobble up the treats.

6 hours ago, brenthutch said:

covid spreading,

How is that Biden's fault, exactly?  We have had fewer than 1,000 deaths from COVID since he took office, not for lack of trying by some large segments of the population who refuse to participate in the societal efforts encouraged and/or enacted by the administration (championed by the president) that are proven to slow and stop the spread of disease.  Do you expect him to wave some kind of magic wand to make it all go away?  If his predecessor couldn't do it (again, not for lack of wishful thinking and public promises), how do you figure Biden would be able to stop this?

• Like 2

(edited)
16 minutes ago, TriGirl said:

How is that Biden's fault, exactly?  We have had fewer than 1,000 deaths from COVID since he took office, not for lack of trying by some large segments of the population who refuse to participate in the societal efforts encouraged and/or enacted by the administration (championed by the president) that are proven to slow and stop the spread of disease.  Do you expect him to wave some kind of magic wand to make it all go away?  If his predecessor couldn't do it (again, not for lack of wishful thinking and public promises), how do you figure Biden would be able to stop this?

I don’t expect him to stop it, because he is a befuddled geriatric.  But if we hold him to his own self-established metric of “70% vaccinated by the Fourth of July” he is a failure. 

Edited by brenthutch

1 minute ago, brenthutch said:

I don’t expect him to stop it, because he is a befuddled geriatric.  But if we hold him to his own self-established metric of “70% vaccinated by the Fourth of July” he is a failure. 

Until you achieve a 70% correct rating you might be a little more understanding.

(edited)
4 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

Only if you count those he couldn't convince to get vaccinated has he failed.  The vaccines were in place and accessible.  It is the fault of those who refuse to take them that we aren't at that metric.

Again, how do you expect him to stop this?  Do you agree with vaccine mandates?  Perhaps in your opinion he should have instituted a mandate before the vaccines had full FDA approval.  Yeah, that would have gotten us to 70%.

Edited by TriGirl
clarity

8 minutes ago, TriGirl said:

Only if you count those he couldn't convince to get vaccinated has he failed.  The vaccines were in place and accessible.  It is the fault of those who refuse to take them that we aren't at that metric.

Again, how do you expect him to stop this?  Do you agree with vaccine mandates?  Perhaps in your opinion he should have instituted a mandate before the vaccines had full FDA approval.  Yeah, that would have gotten us to 70%.

https://www.skynews.com.au/world-news/united-states/white-house-abruptly-cuts-media-feed-as-biden-goes-off-script-during-idaho-event/video/90cd7fb03c7b61d67af614aacd44f98c

Just who is running our country?  Who is the “they” Biden is referring to when he says “they told me I have to do this” or “they told me I can’t do that”?

17 hours ago, wmw999 said:

Trigirl not following your “rules” (Brent always wins, no matter what) does not  constitute a failure to communicate on her part. 
Wendy P. 

No, I wasn’t referring to Trigirl, I was referring to the Biden administration’s failure to deliver a consistent and cogent message with regard to vaccines and COVID.

48 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

I was referring to the Biden administration’s failure to deliver a consistent and cogent message with regard to vaccines and COVID.

I know it was much easier for people when they could just waive it away as the China Virus that will go away by itself. Now all of a sudden there is a need to do a little bit of thinking and it would appear a lot of your fellow countrymen and women are struggling a bit with that concept.

1 hour ago, brenthutch said:

No, I wasn’t referring to Trigirl, I was referring to the Biden administration’s failure to deliver a consistent and cogent message with regard to vaccines and COVID.

The message has been quite consistent if you don't have a political need to misunderstand it.  Get vaccinated.  Wear masks and distance in areas of high infection.  Get tested.  Not hard to understand - again, unless you have an overriding reason to intentionally misunderstand it.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, billvon said:

The message has been quite consistent if you don't have a political need to misunderstand it.  Get vaccinated.  Wear masks and distance in areas of high infection.  Get tested.  Not hard to understand - again, unless you have an overriding reason to intentionally misunderstand it.

Hi Bill,

Re:  a consistent and cogent message

We are in new territory; none of us have ever lived during a pandemic.  We should expect that the messages will sometimes be not consistent and cogent.

Every day, this is new ground for our scientists.

Jerry Baumchen

• Like 1