8 8
Phil1111

President Biden, critics corner

15 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

We're making progress. For accuracy, as long as you're backstroking upstream, is to now place the primary blame on people like you who voted for Bush.

Fair enough, as long as we can blame you for: inflation, crime, delta variant, open southern border, housing shortage, firearms proliferation, labor shortage and terror attacks.  Don’t forget none of this would have happened if Clinton had the balls to take out bin Laden in the first place…….Thanks Democrats 

19 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

Fair enough, as long as we can blame you for: inflation, crime, delta variant, open southern border, housing shortage, firearms proliferation, labor shortage and terror attacks.  Don’t forget none of this would have happened if Clinton had the balls to take out bin Laden in the first place…….Thanks Democrats 

You are hilarious. Are you high on Ivermectin? Of all of your horsewormshit arguments, hands down, I love best your assertion that those of us in favor of gun control are responsible for firearms proliferation.

5 hours ago, jakee said:

Well, I can fly helicopters, but whatever.

Right, but again the thing that you don't understand is, who are you withdrawing? The mass evacuation of Afghanistan was not triggered by the withdrawal of troops. It was triggered by the Taliban retaking the country. If you withdraw in winter the Taliban will not retake the country in winter. You pointed that out yourself, in case you've forgotten. So what happens in winter? Afghanistan is a friendly country with an allied government. Why would we be running an evacuation? The Taliban would simply overrun the country in spring instead, and you'd have just kicked the exact same shitshow a few months down the road, except now you don't even have the troops left to secure Hamid Karzai Airport.

I don't understand why you don't understand this simple, self evident fact. So here's a question, Trump signed the withdrawal agreement 18 months ago. We've already had 18 months including an entire winter season to evacuate all these people. So why didn't we? 

That's what I want to know.

Why did the Americans in Afghanistan stand by the picture window watching the tornado come closer until it hit the front lawn before they took shelter.

1 hour ago, JoeWeber said:

You are hilarious. Are you high on Ivermectin? Of all of your horsewormshit arguments, hands down, I love best your assertion that those of us in favor of gun control are responsible for firearms proliferation.

I will let the numbers speak for themselves 

https://www.fbi.gov/file-repository/nics_firearm_checks_-_month_year.pdf/view

3 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

You're not too good with the Chicken/Egg conundrum. Riddle me this, Lone Ranger, why are we not suffering a Liberal induced proliferation of Samurai Swords in America? For a bonus, name all of the organizations not promoting the free use and transfer of Samurai Swords.

1 hour ago, JoeWeber said:

Not sure we can blame ivermectin for the verbal diarrhea we've had from brent so far...

4 minutes ago, olofscience said:

Not sure we can blame ivermectin for the verbal diarrhea we've had from brent so far...

From WebMD on Ivermectin side effects: Headache, dizziness, muscle pain, nausea, or diarrhea may occur. 

For sure we can identify two.

17 minutes ago, olofscience said:

post hoc, ergo propter hoc.

It is owing to this consistent defect in Brents reasoning that I don't think he's a troll. Like Ron has an inability, owing to actions at the level of the brain in my view, to see things outside of a framework of conspiracy so does Brent have an apparent inability to associate time frames with cause and effect. Ergo, he just might be trainable.

7 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

It is owing to this consistent defect in Brents reasoning that I don't think he's a troll. Like Ron has an inability, owing to actions at the level of the brain in my view, to see things outside of a framework of conspiracy so does Brent have an apparent inability to associate time frames with cause and effect. Ergo, he just might be trainable.

Brent posted raw numbers so he didn't even do any statistical analysis, like getting correlation coefficients or p-values. He just declared that they support his argument. (not that he knows how to do any statistical analysis...)

And the fact that many post hoc examples are childishly obvious. This critical thinking ability is so fundamental to intelligence...so either he's trolling, or as some doctors put it, "the lights are on but nobody's home". Good luck training that:rofl:

9 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

It is owing to this consistent defect in Brents reasoning that I don't think he's a troll. **AGREE** Like Ron has an inability, owing to actions at the level of the brain in my view, to see things outside of a framework of conspiracy so does Brent have an apparent inability to associate time frames with cause and effect.**Agree** Ergo, he just might be trainable.

Trainable? I used to think so. Thats why I responded to so many of his posts. I'm less inclined to think so now. He is a perfect ideologue.

1 hour ago, olofscience said:

Brent posted raw numbers so he didn't even do any statistical analysis, like getting correlation coefficients or p-values. He just declared that they support his argument. (not that he knows how to do any statistical analysis...)

And the fact that many post hoc examples are childishly obvious. This critical thinking ability is so fundamental to intelligence...so either he's trolling, or as some doctors put it, "the lights are on but nobody's home". Good luck training that:rofl:

Agree see above.

56 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

yes, you are keeping it to the arguments

I actually have something about the arguments, so bear with me a bit more:

10 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

It is owing to this consistent defect in Brents reasoning

It's actually NOT consistent - let me summarize:

• CO2 increases. Climate begins to warm. Scientists gather data, summarize it using statistical analysis, use correlations, and propose that one causes the other.
    • Brent: it's all wrong, there's no link!
  • Wall of FBI firearms checks vs. time. No studies, no analysis.
    • Brent: the numbers speak for themselves! CLEARLY opposing freely available firearms CAUSES their sales to increase! It's all libs' fault!

There are many other examples I could use, but the only consistency I see is a causal link is "created" if it fits his worldview, and strenuously denied if it doesn't. The mental gymnastics have gone from silly, to the-emperor-has-no clothes comical...

2 hours ago, wmw999 said:

Ok, enough about Brent (yes, you are keeping it to the arguments).

. . . . . .

Wendy P. 

Public Service Announcement:

At the top right of your screen is a link that allows you to put annoying trolls on an "Ignore List".

(In many years on DZ.COM I have only put two people on mine.)

• Like 4

14 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

It is owing to this consistent defect in Brents reasoning that I don't think he's a troll.

He has said he was trolling in the past i.e. posting specifically to get an angry reaction from people.

Like several other people have said - the 'ignore' button is the best way to deal with him.  I highly advise you to make use of it.  

36 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

I’ll try to get us back on topic

After failing to argue your "if you oppose firearm proliferation, it's your fault they proliferate" point, you post another Ben Shapiro video without any commentary.

In 2019, Ben Shapiro had an interview with BBC's Andrew Neill, who he accused of being left wing, biased and only out for profit (BBC is a non-profit).

Furthermore, Andrew Neill is actually the head of several conservative and right-leaning organisations in the UK, and he most recently founded an "anti-woke" channel GB News.

It's a pretty long video at 16 minutes, but it's a fun watch:

https://youtu.be/6VixqvOcK8E

5 hours ago, brenthutch said:

Olof appears to be “stuck on Brent”.

I’ll try to get us back on topic

Hey Brent thanks for posting,

I stopped watching the President it's been too painful, sure looks like he's going down hill fast..Hard to watch and listen, even during the live takes, it's  like he's reading a bedtime story.Must be on the same meds as Jack Dorsey, during his Congressional testimony.

Biden's mental health is a tragedy, my family is dealing with. Progression was fast and unrelenting.

We have a diagnosis and a prognosis, unlike the American people.

40 minutes ago, richravizza said:

Hey Brent thanks for posting,

I stopped watching the President it's been too painful, sure looks like he's going down hill fast..Hard to watch and listen, even during the live takes, it's  like he's reading a bedtime story.Must be on the same meds as Jack Dorsey, during his Congressional testimony.

Biden's mental health is a tragedy, my family is dealing with. Progression was fast and unrelenting.

We have a diagnosis and a prognosis, unlike the American people.

Hi Rich,

Re:  Biden's mental health is a tragedy

If you want to see true tragedy in mental health, read this:  Book Review: 'I Alone Can Fix It' On Trump Presidency : NPR

I finished it last week.  In it, Ms. Leonnig & Mr. Rucker made their final interview with Trump to get his thoughts.  It was scheduled for 1/2 hour.  Due to Trump's ramblings, it went for 2 1/2 hours.  Trump spent most of the interview going on about how he was really elected POTUS and that Biden was in the White House only because of fraudulent votes.

Naw, Joe is doing just fine.  

Jerry Baumchen

• Like 1

1 hour ago, richravizza said:

Unfortunately we did not have a choice between a mentally sound candidate and a mentally unfit candidate in this election.  So we chose the least unfit, by a landslide.  We made the best of a poor choice.

(edited)
26 minutes ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi Rich,

Re:  Biden's mental health is a tragedy

If you want to see true tragedy in mental health, read this:  Book Review: 'I Alone Can Fix It' On Trump Presidency : NPR

I finished it last week.  In it, Ms. Leonnig & Mr. Rucker made their final interview with Trump to get his thoughts.  It was scheduled for 1/2 hour.  Due to Trump's ramblings, it went for 2 1/2 hours.  Trump spent most of the interview going on about how he was really elected POTUS and that Biden was in the White House only because of fraudulent votes.

Naw, Joe is doing just fine.  

Jerry Baumchen

Just because Trump is worse doesn’t make Joe less terrible than he is.  Bad orange man gone Biden is the President.  There are plenty of “Trump Bad” threads.  This one is called “President Biden’s Critics Corner” act accordingly or BillV will give you a one month time-out for high jacking the thread.

Edited by brenthutch